A Lot of Potential

Unbelievably Obscure

I woke up to him, who was wiggling around. I had my arms around his shoulders and he was struggling to get free. I smiled to myself, tightening my grip on him, making him sigh.

"Baby let me go." he whined.

"No, I don't want you to leave."

"But I've been laying here for the past hour waiting for you to wake up." he pouted, trying to pull away again.

"Noo!" I say, giving him the puppy dog face.

"That look doesn't work on me."

"It should." I frowned. "Where were you gonna go anyway?"

"Into the main-house and chill for a while. Then come back and make us food."

"Food sounds great right now." I said, listening to my stomach growl.

"Damn, for real huh?" he chuckled, poking my stomach.

"Can we eat first?"

"I suppose." he nodded. I released my grip from him and sat up, standing up from the bed. He got up and walked out of the room, finding the kitchen in the guest house. I followed behind him, taking a seat in a bar stool. "Are you fucking kidding me?" he began laughing.

"What?" I asked, very confused.

"All that there is in here to eat is motherfucking Ramen noodles." he laughed some more, covering his face with his hand. "Jesus Christ. Do you like noodles babe?"

"I eat pasta. Isn't noodles and pasta pretty much the same?"

"That's pretty true. Don't think I'm dumb or anything, but how do you cook this?" he said, being serious.

"Oh God! Are you telling me you don't know how to fix the easiest thing on the world to make?!" I busted up laughing.

He narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "Maybe."

I stood up and walked over to him, taking the package from his hand. "Okay, two cups of water and a saucepan. Help me find the saucepan." I giggled, dropping to my knees, searching through the bottom cabinets. I found everything but a saucepan.

"Look what I found." he poked me.

"Wow you know what a saucepan is!"

"Shut up!" he shook his head again.

"No thanks." I smiled, setting the pan on the stove top. "Can you get me two cups of water?"

"Yes, yes I can."

I watched him grab a measuring cup from a drawer and filled it up with water. He dumped them both in the pan, looking at me, waiting for me to tell him he's done right. "Okay, now we boil the water."

"Seriously? This is gonna take forever." he sighed.

"Go scamper on little Gaskarth, go play. I'll cook them." I pursed my lips, not wanting him to go.

"Okay babe. I'll be in the main house. I gotta talk to my dad and check on everyone. Just walk in the back door and I should be in the kitchen or living area." he smiled, kissing my cheek and opened the french door. I sighed, watching small bubbles begin to float from the bottom to the top.

Once the water was completely boiling, I threw the squares of noodles in the pan, stabbing it with a fork and pushing it under the scorching hot water. There was a small knock at the door. Who would be knocking on the door here? I sat the fork down and walked over to it, peeking through the blinds. A tall, busty blonde stood in a tank top and skirt, looking around attentively. I opened the door and peeked around it, not sure about her.

"Hi is Alex in?" she fake smiled, talking with a British accent.

"No, he's in there." I pointed towards the main-house.

"Oh okay." her smile turning to a disgusted look as she ran her eyes up and down me. "What is your name?"

"Haley." I quietly answered.

"Oh well hi." she rudely said. "Well, I'm going to find Alex now. Goodbye."

"Umm bye." I said, shutting the door.

I began to feel jealous as I marched back to the noodles. They were softened and ready to be ate. I grabbed a bowl out of the cabinet and proportionally separated noodles in a bowl for him and I. I salted them down just a tad. I decided to change before I went to find him. I walked back into the bedroom, finding my bag.

While I was dressing, many questions flooded my mind. Who was the girl? Why did she disapprove of me? Why did she want Alex? Should I ask him about her? I didn't want to come off as a jealous bitch. I didn't know what to do. I pulled on one of his jackets and walked to the doorway. I was a little nervous going in there knowing she would be there to judge me again.

I opened the door, the cold air tickling my skin. I took a few strides towards the main-house, pushing open the large matching french doors to the guest house. On the other side of the doors was the kitchen. There sat Alex, a older man and the mysterious girl.

"Hey." he smiled warmly at me, making my heart skip a beat.

"Hi."

"Haley, this is Samuel and Rosalie." he said looking at them both, then returning his gaze back to me.

"Hello." I shyly said.

"Hello Haley, very nice to meet you." Samuel greeted me.

"It's very nice to meet you too sir."

I felt tension began to build in the room. The girl, who's name was Rosalie, gave me a unwelcome look. Alex's father broke the silence by walking into the kitchen. "Sam, Alex, could you please help unload our bags?"

"Yes." they both said, standing up and exiting the house with Peter.

Awkward silence filled the room as I was left standing with Rosalie. Her dark brown eyes glaring at me, nearly burning a hole in my skin. "So how do you know Alex?"

"I'm his girlfriend." I quietly said.

"Really?" she laughed. "That can't be true."

"What can't be?"

"Him being with someone tiny and ugly as you." she grinned, shaking her head. "Alex is way more into busty girls with attitude."

"Why are you judging me when you don't even know me?" I hissed, feeling the anger boiling in my blood.

"Honey, I don't even have to know you to know you're no good for Alexander."

"I'm sorry, I'm no Barbie but Alex has made it pretty clear he wants me."

"He's been interested in me all of his lifetime. When we were younger, we used to hold hands. We were cute together. We even planned on marrying each other one day." she laughed bitchily. "Give up. He'll be mine by the time you leave here."

Her words stung. They made me sick. I looked at the door to see Alex walking in. I turned on my heel, pulling the door open and slamming it shut behind me. I trudged back to the guest house and into the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl of noodles and a fork and sat down at the table. The door opened and closed quickly. I didn't bother to look up at him who was standing next to me with his arms crossed.

"Wanna explain what your problem is?" he asked calmly.

"I don't have a problem." I lied, sticking a bite of noodles in my mouth.

"Rose said you were being rude to her."

"What?" I breathed. "Are you serious? I wasn't being rude to her. She started attacking me personally."

"What are you talking about?" he grabbed his bowl of noddles, sitting down across from me.

"While you were gone to help your father she asked me how I knew you. I told her I was your girlfriend. She insulted me and called me ugly and said you weren't interested in girls like me." I paused, trying to hold back tears. "She said I was no good for you. She told me to give up because you're her territory."

"Babe are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"You don't believe me do you?" I sadly said.

"I didn't say that." he said, chewing his food. "I just can't wrap my finger around Rose ever being like that."

"It happened Alex, I swear." I gulped. He didn't say anything back, he just ate his food. Once he was done, he picked up our bowls and tossed them in the dishwasher. He had a angered expression on his face. I could tell he was mad and confused. He put on his jacket and opened the door, slamming it shut behind him.

I bit my lip, trying not to cry. I stood up and marched into the bedroom. I threw myself on the large king-sized bed and began bawling into the pillow. How could he not believe his own girlfriend? It made me sick to know she won the battle just by twisting the truth. I cried so much I felt sick again. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself, taking slow and deep breaths. I cried myself to sleep over him.
____________________________________________
Alex's POV:

I didn't know what to believe. I sat on a bench outside the Williams' home, trying to clear my mind. I know Haley was perfectly sane and always told the truth, but hearing two sides of a story didn't piece it together for me. I heard footsteps walking on the gravel, hoping it was her. I turned my head around but to see a old friend's face smirking at me. Reece Williams, my old time friend. We used to do everything together when we were younger, then I moved to America.

"Alex bro! How are you?" he said, pulling me into a bro hug. He flipped his long black hair from his eyes and sat down next to me.

"Not sure dude."

"Why so?"

"Either I'm going insane or things are starting to get bad." I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but came unsuccessful.

"What's wrong?" his American accent being strong.

"My girlfriend Haley and your sister aren't on good terms so far." I sighed, feeling like a dick.

"Dude don't be worrying about it."

"What?"

"My sister has been constantly like this. She can't stand the fact that someone she likes doesn't like her back or has someone else." he shook his head. "And she'll ruin whatever's in her way to get what she wants."

Anger flooded through me. How was I so stupid not to see this, then be such a asshole to Haley? I fucking hated myself. "I can't believe I didn't see this. So when Haley said that your sister was attacking her verbally, she wasn't lying to me."

"Exactly. She wanted you when we was younger, she couldn't have you then. She wanted you when you were here last, she couldn't have you then either. It really pisses her off to know she can't have you now."

"My god. I need to apologize to Haley then. She told me and I walked out on her. I feel fucking terrible now." I sighed heavily.

"It wouldn't surprise me if Rose lied about our childhood too?" he asked wearily.

"Haley didn't mention that. If she did she left it out."

"Apparently you and her used to hold hands when we were younger. And you guys talked about getting married when older."

I snorted, shaking my head in disbelief. "Really now? I'm sure she did and Haley just didn't say it. It probably made her disgusted." I frowned. "Why is Rosalie such a- such a- a.."

"Slut?" he laughed.

"Yeah. I just don't get it."

"Because she thinks she can have whatever she wants. It just doesn't work that way."

"No it doesn't. I'm not going to put up with her fake games either. It'll be too conspicuous now." I said, taking a deep breath. "I need to go apologize to Haley."

"That's the best thing to do. I'll tell my sister to stick it for you until you get a chance to do it yourself." He smiled, his teeth glimmering in the moonlight.

"Thanks dude. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Don't worry about it. I just want to see her get what's hers. Now go apologize to Haley." he said, pointing towards the house.

"Will do." I said, standing up quickly. I began running up the stone gravel way to the guest house, pushing open the door and shutting it behind me. The house was dark, which didn't make me feel any better. I guided myself through the house, flipping on lights as I went. I walked into the bedroom, flipping on the bedside lamp.

She laid on her side, smeared makeup running down her face. My stomach twisted up in knots, making me want to fall over and die. I sat down on the edge of the bed and ran my hand up and down her back, whispering her name. Her eyes slowly opened, blinking a few times. Our eyes met for a moment, I could see sorrow in her eyes, pushing the knife in my stomach deeper in my skin. "Alex?" she raised up, looking at me with wild and confused eyes.

"Baby, can we talk?" I asked quietly, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Lets go for a walk."

"No." she shook her head, laying back down.

"Please?" I pleaded. "It's important."

"Fine."

"Get your coat and put your boots on." I guided her, helping her out of the tall bed.

"I will." she flatly said. I sighed, letting my mind run in overdrive on how the perfect way to apologize to her would be. God dammit, she's so stubborn but I love her. "I'm ready." she informed me, walking through the door.

I followed close behind her, stopping in the kitchen. I assisted her with putting her coat on, trying my best to pull myself out of the hole I was in. I pulled open the french doors and walked out with her, pulling them shut behind me. I took her hand in mine and slowly padded off towards the woods. We walked in silence for a moment before I could gather my thoughts.

"Haley, first off I wanna say I'm sorry." I choked out, pulling us to a stop.

"I, I felt like you didn't believe me." she frowned, looking down at her feet.

"I didn't know what to believe. I had to clear my mind and think about everything. I put it all to mind and you were right. She's lying."

"Oh."

"Please baby, I'm really fucking sorry. I shouldn't of ran off like that. It just made things a lot worse. I feel terrib-" I say, only to be cut off by a sharp kiss from her.

"It's okay." she whispered, throwing herself into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her with no intentions of letting go. "Can we walk some more?" she asked, my chest muffling her voice.

"Yes." I laughed, grabbing her hand. We walked through the tiny wooded area. "Fuck I hope I don't lose our way back."

"Smooth. Getting us lost in the woods at night. That would be very smart babe." she giggled, leaning into my arm.

"I love you." I whispered, truly feeling it.

"I love you too." she smiled, making my heart flutter. Butterflies began to form in my stomach like usual. I loved this girl so much, too much that it was hard to express.

"Look a shooting star." I say, looking up at the night sky. A tiny light shot across the sky, making us both blink in amazement.

"Make a wish."

"I've got my wish." I smiled, kissing her delicate rose lips.

"This is perfect." she said, touching my face.

"You're perfect. You're all I've ever wished for."

"Shut up." her small giggles making me laugh. "Damn it's so dark out here."

"I know. Just watch your step."

"Whoa!" she screamed as we both fell to the ground. Everything went black for a moment. I couldn't find her. She wasn't next to me.

"Haley?!" I called out, trying my best to look through the darkness. I heard a splashing noise coming from down below me before realizing what was wrong. I dashed into the tiny pond that was lit up as soon as the clouds moved out from the front of the moon. I grabbed her sinking body and held her close, trying my best to swim and keep us above the water.

I found the edge of the pond, pulling us out. She gasped for air and began crying. "Alex I'm so sorry." she whimpered, clutching on to my wet jacket.

"What's wrong?" I asked a bit confused.

"I, I never told you this. But I can't, I can't swim." she cried hysterically.

"Baby, quit crying. You're going to make yourself sick." I cooed, patting her shivering body.

"I'm cold."

"I know. I'm gonna get us back and get you warm." I said, scooping her from the ground. I walked quickly, but cautiously through the woods, watching for snakes and tree limbs. I saw the lights to the Williams' houses through the trees, knowing we weren't far away. I pushed our weight up the hill and to the french doors of the guest-house.

I walked us straight to the bathroom, taking off her wet clothes and helping her into some pajamas. I took off mine, doing the same. She sat on the bed, wrapped up in the blanket, still crying. I sat next to her, rubbing her back for comfort.

"I don't feel well." she whined, completely looking the part. Before I could answer she stood up, running out of the room. I was quick behind her to the bathroom where she started to throw up. I didn't have the stomach for it but I kept strong for her. I held her long brown hair out of her face until she was done.

"Get a drink and brush your teeth." I whispered, helping her limp body up. She nodded in response and did what I told her to. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she brushed her teeth, staring into the mirror. I looked like a mess. A dirty one after falling in the woods. I was too concerned with her safe-being to care.

"I wanna lay down now." she whispered, pulling on my arms. I steadily helped her back into the bedroom and back into bed. I got on my side of the large bed and snuggled close to her, trying to warm her up with my body heat. "Hold me." she shivered.

"Okay." I nodded, cradling her in my arms. I rocked her back and forth like a small child until she fell asleep. I prayed that she would be okay after tonight. I grew tired myself after a hour of London television. I laid her gently on the bed and flipped off the light. I snuggled up close to her, letting out a small sigh. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, afraid to see what tomorrow will bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I guess a fight in their relationship :o
This is just a filler until I get to the good stuff. It'll come soon I promise. :)
Comment & Subscribe & Ideas!