A Lot of Potential

Just A Dream

Alex's POV:

I kissed her hungrily, pulling the zipper of that skimpy dress. She let it fall to the floor, exposing a grey nightgown-like lingerie. I smirked in awe, ready to tear that motherfucker off of her. I wrapped my hands around her tiny waist. She pulled away, gripping at her left side. "Ow!" she screeched, setting in the floor. She pulled her knees to her chest, looking up me in fear.

I dropped to my knees, gripping her shoulder lightly. "What's wrong?"

"Alex," she whimpered my name, pushing herself into my chest. "it hurts."

"What hurts?"

"It hurts!"

"What hurts baby? I need to know so I can get you help." I say, becoming a little frustrated.

"I have a sharp pain in my left side." she sobbed into my neck, knotting her fingers in my hair.

"Babe, I need to get you to a hospital." I pulled us up, her still in my arms. "Where are your original clothes? We have to hurry."

"In Jenna's bedroom." she said as I sat her down on the bed.

"Alright, I'll get them." I told her, running through the door, shutting it behind me. I found my way to the bedroom door that had 'Jenna' in foam letters sticking to it. I turned the doorknob, and to my eyes, were a couple having full-blown sex. My eyes widened a tad as I searched for her clothes, ignoring their moans.

I got down on my hands and knees in front of the bed, searching underneath the covers that hung out over the edge. I found her white top, jeans, and original underwear. I grabbed them all, making a dash out of the room to get back to my hurt girlfriend. I shut the bedroom door behind me again, running over to her, pulling the lingerie off of her and helping her back into her regular ones. I pushed her legs through the holes of her jeans, pulling them up her thighs, then throwing her white shirt over her head.

Not knowing what else to do, I pulled out my phone and called 911. She whispered the address to me, while sobbing into my shoulder, with her hands protecting the pain in her stomach. A ambulance was on it's way, so I decided to take her outside. I helped her step down the stairs, pushing through loads of people at this party. I found the front door, pushing us through it. Many were drunk, laying on the front lawn passed out or just there to be there.

I heard the sirens down the street. She held a death grip on me, fearing everything about to happen. The ambulance stopped in front of the house with the EMTs fleeing from the large vehicle, pulling out a stretcher. I slowly helped her towards their location with them meeting us halfway. They put her on the stretcher, pushing it into the back. I jumped in with the female EMT, setting in the small seat provided. She handed me a clip board with a lot of information to fill out, some I didn't even know.

I tried to fill it out, but distracted by Haley's loud sobs. My stomach knotted. I hated this. I wish it was me, not her. The EMT gave her oxygen which seemed to calm her down a little. The hospital was a good ten minutes away, knowing there wasn't much they could do until we were there.

She held on tight, fighting the best she could.

We arrived at the emergency room. Doctors flooded the main entrance, waiting for her arrival. I kept close behind them, taking her into the examining room. They began asking her what seemed to be a thousand questions about what she was feeling.

I caught eyes with the doctor on call. The same asshole who hit on Haley when I brought her in here a couple months back. She wasn't my girlfriend then, and I was pretty fucking jealous when he hit on her. I am now, and I'm not gonna let him do it again.

I watched them take blood samples, and plugging her into a IV. Tears fell from her eyes with them glued on me with terror playing in the tears. I wanted so badly to hold her hand, even though I couldn't due to the doctors all around the room. Whispers spread among the doctors, giving me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

They unlocked the wheels of the bed she was lying in and rolled it towards the doorway. I stood up, following behind them again to see they were taking her to the operating room. I was told I was allowed in for a moment. I walked to her bed side, taking her hand in mine and kissing her fingers.

"Alex," she whimpered, looking up at me. "What're they going to do to me?"

My body went stiff. I didn't know how to explain what was going on when I didn't know anything. "They're gonna have to do surgery on you baby." I whispered, my voice breaking.

"Alex I don't wanna die!" she said loudly, tears pouring out of her eyes again. "I'm hurting so bad."

I wiped the tears away from her cheek, trying to keep from crying myself. "Baby, you're gonna be fine. They're gonna fix it."

The surgeon walked in, notifying me that I needed to leave. "Alex, I don't want you to leave." she bawled, making me feel like dying.

"I don't want to either, but I have to baby. I'll be there when you're out, I promise. I love you." I whispered, kissing her like it would be our last.

"I love you too."

I squeezed her hand, then let go of it, walking out of the room. I felt like this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I sighed and sat down in the waiting room, not knowing what to do. I tapped my feet on the white tile, preparing myself for the long wait.

I didn't realize I had fell asleep until I woke up to a female nurse tapping on my arm. She acted a little rueful for waking me up, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to know if my Haley was okay. "Is she okay?" I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"She's in recovery right now." she nodded. "But there's a couple things you need to know."

"Okay." I sighed with relief. "What is it?"

"Well to start off, Haley suffered from appendicitis. That explains the sharp pain. We got it out successfully." she paused. "Were you aware she was pregnant?"

I felt like I stopped breathing, or it was super hard to breathe. "Pr-pregnant?" I mumbled, looking at my hands. "No, I didn't."

"Signs of pregnancy must have not of shown yet. She was just about three weeks."

"Was?" I choked, noticing her use of past tense.

"Yes, was. The poison of the appendix killed the fetus. I'm sorry."

"Ca-can you do me a favor?"

"I can." she nodded.

"She doesn't know yet does she?"

"No she does not."

"Don't tell her about the pregnancy please.. She'll be crushed." My voice breaking, a few tears escaped my eyes. This was all my fault. I shook my head before speaking again, "I wanna tell her."

"Yes sir." she nodded. "She's on the 3rd floor in room 358."

I nodded and stood up. I drug my feet as I walked through the large hospital, suffering stares from people in the waiting area. I found the elevator, pressing the up button. I stepped inside, hitting the large three on the panel. The elevator jolted up, taking me up two floors, opening and showing a nurses desk. I walked up to the desk, looking down at the tiny blonde nurse typing on her computer. "Can I help you?" she asked, not looking away from her computer.

"Um, I was wondering what direction room 358 is."

"Down that hall." she pointed left, "and around the corner."

"Okay, thank you." I nodded, walking down the left hallway. I walked around the corner to see black numbers reading 358 on the shut door. I pushed it open and quietly shut it behind me. I grabbed a chair and dragged it to the side of her bed.

The room was semi-dark, just a tad light illuminating her face. She wore a oxygen mask, breathing softly. I felt better knowing she was safe. I still couldn't swallow the pregnancy truth. I was nervous to tell her. Nervous to upset her anymore than she already is now with her life being so stressful.

I sat in the chair with my thoughts going in overdrive with no sign of them ever stopping. I closed my eyes, images filling my mind. I saw myself as a father, cradling a tiny baby girl in my arms. A spitting image of me. I opened my eyes to see my reality in front of me, taking a deep breath and closed my eyes again.

_____________________________________
Haley's POV:

My eyes fluttered open slowly, taking a look at the unfamiliar ceiling. I felt numb, and very mixed up. I tried remember what the hell happened last night. All I remember was being in the bedroom with Alex, then I felt the pain in my side. Everything else was a blur. I began remembering something I saw: cops and being reunited with my father. It felt fake but I couldn't judge.

I then realized where I was. My head snapped to the side seeing Alex sitting in a chair next to the side of the bed with his hands hiding his face. "Alex?" I choked, feeling a small pain in my side.

"Haley!" his head shot up, standing up and was in my face, kissing me roughly.

"Why am I in the hospital?"

"You had appendicitis." he whispered into my ear, his breath tickling my neck.

"Really?" I said, trying to readjust my position.

"Yes. Don't move too much, you have stitches on your side."

"Was that all? I felt like I was going to die last night."

He stiffed up, his eyes moving around the room. "There was one more thing." his voice was quiet. "Haley, you were three weeks pregnant."

"What?" I gasped, a little shocked. "Were?!"

"They didn't get the appendix out in time to save the fetus." he choked, grabbing my hands and squeezing them.

I was lost for words. I couldn't believe it. Was this some kind of sick joke? I felt terrible, knowing that the birth control failed. The last thing we needed was a child when we're in high school.

"What are you thinking?" he asked, looking into my eyes.

"I honestly don't know what to think. I feel ashamed."

"Ashamed? Baby, don't!" he croaked, running his hand up my arm.

"Why wouldn't I? My birth control failed and I almost ruined your life." I let the words fall out of my mouth. Exactly what I felt. I didn't care if it upset him, it was how I felt.

"Love, you wouldn't ruin my life." he whispered. "I would love every second of it."

"Alex, quit lying to me. Just tell me the truth and quit trying to save yourself from hurting my feelings."

"Haley, I'm not lying to you. I'm being truthful."

"Just stop." I shook my head.

"You quit being negative."

"Why? I have ever right to be negative when I fucked up."

"Will you fucking quit it? You didn't fuck up. You have nothing to feel ashamed for. We both are fifty percent to this problem. Quit fucking blaming yourself, baby." he snapped, taking a deep breath.

I sighed, giving up. I folded my arms across my chest and looked at the ceiling, pretending he wasn't there. He groaned and ran his hand into his face. I couldn't stand him when he was right. I kept a blank expression as I waited for him to say something else.

"Haley, I'm madly, madly in love with you. I know we've only been together for a couple of months, but my love level for you is through the roof. You would never ever ruin my life. Not one bit. Whatever's thrown at me, I can take. Just as long it's with you and not someone else." he shook his head. I kept quiet, I didn't know how to reply to that. "Haley, please say something."

"I fucking love you." I said, tears forming in my eyes. "I love you a lot. I can't describe it like you can, but it's close in comparison to yours."

"I'm glad you feel that way."

"I am too. Alex can I ask you something?" I whispered, swallowing heavily.

"Sure, what is it love?" he asked, our brown eyes looking into each other's.

"Did that party last night get busted by the cops?"

He raised a eyebrow, a bit confused on what I was talking about. "Not that I'm aware of. I got you to the hospital before if it did."

"Oh. I had a dream that you and I were at the party and got arrested. My dad showed up to get me too." I got quiet, looking at the ceiling.

"Maybe it's time you see him, baby."

"Can you call him for me?" I asked, a little afraid of the answer.

"Yes. I'll go. I need some fresh air anyway." he stood up, kissing my forehead.

"Alex wait a second."

"Yeah?"

"Can we keep the pregnancy thing a secret?" I gulped.

"Yes." he said, flashing me a smile that I needed to see. I watched as he walked out of the door. I would be seeing my father soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH WELL, a little twist. (:
a sad one too.
I hope you enjoyed this and you didn't cry. Too hard..
She'll finally see her father, but this is a better way than I had planned.
Comment & Subscribe.