A Lot of Potential

This Summer

After a long brutal ride home from Vegas, we made it back. Just in time to get ready for Kaylyn and Dylan's party Jack was throwing them. Alex was using my shower while I fixed my hair and makeup, making myself look fairly decent. I walked into my bedroom, finding my closet to pick out something to wear. I pulled out a off-white corset top and a pair of skinny jeans and heels. I pulled off the random shirt and the shorts I was wearing and pulled on my outfit for tonight. I stood in the mirror looking at myself, hoping I didn't look too revealing.

"Babe, are you almost ready to go?" he asked from the bathroom. I sighed, grabbing a red and white polka dotted bow and stuck it in my brown hair.

He walked out wearing a blue plaid shirt and black skinny jeans. He stopped dead in his tracks, eyeing me up and down. "Alex, do I look bad?"

"You look beautiful." a grin spread across his face as his eyes met mine.

"I think not."

"I think so. I don't wanna be a dick or anything, but you're most likely going to outshine Kaylyn." he laughed, walking up to me and throwing his arms around me.

"No." I sighed. "Lets go get this party over with."

"Be happy, love." he smiled again, throwing his hand in mine.

"I am happy."

"Stay that way."

"Shut up and lets go." I rolled my eyes, towing him out of the room.

"I gotta stop and get my keys at home." he said as we walked out the front door.

"Well hurry up then."

"Well, we need to get to my house first." he stuck his tongue out at me. We walked down the street to his driveway.

"I'll be in your car if you need me." I smiled, pulling open the passenger door and got in.

"I'll be back in a second."

"Okay." I nodded, pulling the door shut. I went ahead and buckled my seat belt, looking at the engagement ring on my finger as I did so. Alex said he talked to my dad and everything was okay now. The driver door opened, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Did I scare you baby?" he laughed, starting the ignition.

"A little."

"Sorry."

"It's okay." I shrugged, grabbing his hand as he pulled out of the driveway. "Where exactly is this party at?"

"Jack's, surprisingly." he laughed, flashing me a pretty smile. "The way Jack talked, it's gonna be big with a lot of booze."

"But Kaylyn doesn't drink?" I laughed lightly, shaking my head. "That just doesn't make sense."

"This is the way everyone's minds work these days. No booze, no party."

"Everyone drunk, no fun."

"Hey, I'm fun when I'm drunk. Well, so I've been told." he said, keeping his eyes ahead of them.

"I can't remember what you're like." I giggled. "I don't even know what I'm like."

"I'm apparently quiet and out of it, but what from I can remember, you're pretty fucking aggressive."

"Aggressive?"

"Uh, you may have bitten me that night." he smiled, making me roll my eyes. "And you pulled my hair."

"When did this happen?" I snorted.

"When we were in that hotel room fixing to uh.." he stopped, breaking out into a laugh.

"What?" I giggled. "I think I get the point though."

"Good." he snickered, pulling along the side of the street by Jack's.

"Well I'm sorry I pulled your hair and bit you."

"It's okay baby. I may have liked it. I can't remember." he shrugged, getting out. I got out, meeting him at the back of the car. I hugged onto his arm, looking up at the semi dark sky. He pulled me up the sidewalk to the door, pushing it open without knocking. There wasn't that many people here yet which was good.

"Kaylyn and Dylan need to hurry up." Jack sighed, setting on the staircase by the front door.

"They'll be here soon." Alex shrugged. "Are you thirsty, babe?"

"Sorta."

"Lets go get something to drink while we wait." he said, pulling me along to the kitchen. He grabbed two red cups for us, filling it up with a little vanilla Smirnoff and coke. "Listen to me, you and I aren't getting drunk tonight, so keep it easy on the Smirnoff and coke, okay babe?" he laughed, handing me a cup.

"I have no desire to. My first hangover sucked." I said, grabbing onto his hand.

"Alex, Haley!" Jack called from the other room. "The twins are here!"

"Okay bro!" Alex said, pulling me quickly back into the living room with the rest. I saw Kara and attacked her with a hug.

"Kara!" I giggled, pulling away from her.

"Haley!"

We made small talk as we waited for Jack to get Kaylyn and Dylan into the room. Other people were surrounding us, standing casually around with drinks in their hand. Jack shot Alex a glance before he pulled the twins into the living room. "Surprise!" everyone shouted in unison. Kaylyn threw her hands over her mouth in shock, pulling Jack into a hug and giving him a kiss. I turned my head to Alex, trying to block out the thought of Jack and her kissing. I see why he bitched at Alex and I all the time.

The time hit eight o'clock and everyone started to show up. Jack's house became packed, pushing Jack, Dylan, Kaylyn, Rian, Kara, Zack, Alex and I into the corner against the wall. Idiots were drunk as fuck, walking through the house, giving me a little sense of fear. Alex kept his arm firmly wrapped around my waist as we all stood in a little circle, mingling as we ignored what else was going on around us.

Someone turned the volume up on the music, making us have to shout at each other when we wanted to say something. "I hope you're enjoying yourself, Kaylyn." Jack shouted to her, making us all nod our heads in agreement.

"I am." she smiled.

"Well look at this." I heard a familiar voice shout over the music. I turned to see my sister and Cat with a cup full of some alcoholic drink in their hands. "Scottish girl is still here."

"I don't get why Haley and her friends want to be around a Scottish freak like you!" Cat drunkenly said, falling into Bella.

"You know what? Fuck you!" Kaylyn screamed, running off towards the stairs. Jack took in after her, leaving the rest of us here to deal with them.

"What the fuck is your guy's problem?" I hissed, feeling so pissed off. "You seriously need to grow the fuck up and quit picking on her because of her accent. She didn't fucking do anything to you!" I inhaled sharply, turning on my heel to walk away. I walked through the kitchen, finding the back door that led to the backyard. I felt Alex's arms wrap around my waist as I found a place to stand in the crowded area.

I kicked the fence, making him pull me away from it. "Stop before your hurt yourself."

"I don't fucking get it!" I said angrily, slapping my hand against the wooden fence. "Maybe I want to hurt myself."

"Haley, I don't ever want you to say anything or think like that, god dammit." he said intently, pulling me around to look at him.

I threw my hands over my face, to avoid eye contact. Tears formed in my eyes behind my hands, making me keep them there so he wouldn't see. "Alex, I'm sorry." I tried to say with my voice breaking, showing the dead giveaway.

"Baby, please don't cry." he said quietly, pulling me into a hug. "Please, love. Quit."

I nodded, realizing I made a mistake on what I said. "I'm sorry though."

"It's okay, I just don't wanna hear you talk like that again, okay?"

I nodded again, wiping away the remaining tears from my cheeks. I took a deep breath, pulling myself into him again. "Alex, I love you."

"I love you too, baby." he smiled lightly. "Just ignore everything they say or do."

"They just stress me out so bad." I sighed. "I don't understand why they have to pick on someone for no reason."

"Because they're bitches."

I giggled, knowing it was the complete truth. "I know."

"So lets just-" he stopped talking, looking up to see Kaylyn and Jack. "Hey guys." he nodded towards them.

"Haley, can I talk to you?" she sniffled, waiting for me to respond.

I gulped and nodded, pulling out of Alex's arms. "I'll be right back."

"You and I need to have a talk too, bro." Jack said to him as Kaylyn and I walked through the gate that led to the front yard.

"What do you need to talk to me about?"

"Can I ask you a question?" she nervously asked, twirling her fingers together.

"Okay." I nodded, taking a sip of my drink.

"Have you and Alex done it yet?" she questioned, making me choke on my drink.

"Why are you asking this?"

"Because Jack and I were upstairs. We made out and he got my dress off of me. We were close to going all the way, then I got scared. I'm still a virgin and I don't know what to do."

My eyes widened, thinking of responses to say. "Yeah, yeah we have."

"Can you give me advice on what to expect if it does happen?" she sighed, giving me a hopeful glance.

"Well, I can say one thing. It hurts at first." I said honestly, thinking back to the night I lost my virginity and the pain I felt. "But once he's in, the pain will go away. You'll feel nothing but toe-curling ecstasy." I smiled, laughing a little.

"Ecstasy?"

"It'll feel good." I shrugged. "Anything else?"

"No, I think that's all." she giggled. "Thanks."

"No problem." I smiled, walking with her back to the backyard to Alex and Jack. Alex was laughing hysterically while receiving the middle finger from Jack. "What the hell is going on here?"

"Nothing." Jack rolled his eyes. He grabbed Kaylyn's hand and towered her back into the house.

"What was all that about?"

"Nothing, i'll tell you later." Alex smiled, grabbing my hands. "Lets ditch this party."

"Are you sure?" I asked, a little suspiciously.

"Yes. Come on." he laughed, dragging me to the gate. We walked to the front yard, stepping over some drunk people passed out.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" I giggled as we passed his car.

"We're going to the park, get over it."

"The park? Really Alex?"

"Yes, really Haley." he said, kissing my cheek as we walked up the hill that led to the neighborhood park. "I strangely like this place."

"I do too. But everytime we've came here, it's been cold. It's a relief that it's not tonight." I smiled, still following him to where he took us. He led me to a tree on the top of a hill with not much light surrounding it. "What the hell?" I giggled as he sat down underneath the tree.

"Somewhere different." he shrugged. I sat down next to him, laying on my back. He laid back, pulling his arms around me. "What'd Kaylyn have to ask you?"

"She asked me a personal question."

"Like?"

"What did Jack ask you?" I smiled, answering him with a question.

"He asked me a personal question too." he laughed, thinking about it again. "The motherfucker has been lying to me since we were sixteen."

"What?"

"Jack said he lost his virginity at the school bonfire when we were sixteen." he took a deep breath, trying to quit laughing. "He told me he was still a virgin and didn't know how to push himself to go all the way."

"That's a little weird because Kaylyn and I had a talk along these lines." I admitted, resting my head on his chest.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, she said that her and Jack were making out and they almost went all the way. She said she got scared and backed off and she asked me if you and I have done it yet." I giggled. "I have her advice on what to expect when it happens."

"That's good." he smiled, kissing me softly. "I remember our very first time."

"I do admit, it was pretty amazing." I said, laying my head on his chest.

"Your sweet kisses and ability to seduce me." he shook his head while smiling. "The only thing I hated about it was making you cry during that one little process."

"Well it hurt!"

"I know, then you putting scratches on my back and screaming at me to go faster."

"Shut up." I giggled, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I love you." he smiled, pushing his lips to mine. I hated when he did this to me. Making me feel so gooey on the inside, or just basically week.

I pulled away, setting up. "Alex, I love you too."

He sat up too, forcing his lips into mine again. He pulled away, resting his head against mine. He kept his lips close to mine as he ran his hands up and down my back. "You're seducing me again." he smiled, reconnecting our lips again. My head begun to spin with desire as our tongues entangled.

He held himself over me, keeping our lips attached as he grabbed the zipper to my corset top. "Alex, what are you doing?" I asked, breaking away from the kiss.

"I can show you better than I can tell you." he smirked, touching my face.

"Not here though!"

"Are you scared?" he smiled sexily.

"No, I just don't think it would be right to have sex at a park.." I denied my fear.

"Mhm, sure."

"And we have no protection so how is this going to happen?" I asked, watching him pull back. He pulled out his wallet from his back pocket and opened it up, pulling out a condom. "You're impossible." I giggled, pulling my lips back to his. I let him proceed with taking my clothes off as I pulled his off.

He kept his lips at my neck for a moment as he decided what his first step of action was going to be. I laid on my back, feeling the spring breeze blow across my exposed body, getting cold chills. I felt him touch my thighs, grabbing my underwear and sliding them off. In a instant, I felt him enter me, starting off like usually.

I kept quiet, moaning a little every now and then, but I didn't yell at him to take things faster. I let him take us at his own pace, not wanting things to end. I felt high end bliss as he thrusted into me, curling my toes and digging my fingernails into his shoulder blades. "Oh my god." he panted, keeping his lips at my neck.

"Oh Alex." I whimpered, running my fingers through his hair. "Ooh God!" I moaned, laying my head back and closing my eyes.

"I'm almost close, love." he moaned in my ear, feeling him pick up pace. His movements got messy faster, and faster, and faster."Oh God." he said as I felt the warm sensation in the pit of my stomach. It felt absolutely amazing. He kept himself positioned over me for a moment, still trying to catch his breath. He pulled his boxers back up his legs and laid down next to me.

I pushed myself up and quickly tried to redress myself. I got my jeans back on, trying to get my corset top on. My zipper down the front of it was broke. "Alex, you broke my zipper!"

"Sorry." he laughed, buttoning up his shirt.

"I don't have a shirt."

"Oh yeah!" he said, unbuttoning his shirt again. He pulled off his white T-shirt he had on under it and handed it to me, pulling his plaid shirt back on and started to button it back up.

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes, slipping his shirt on over my body. I curled up next to him, laying my head on his chest.

"Haley, I love you."

"I love you too, Alex." I smiled, placing my hand on his chest.

"Marry me this summer." he said in a demanding tone. I choked on the air I was breathing.

"This summer?" I gasped. He sat up and pulled me up with him, gripping my hands.

"Yes, this summer. I've been thinking lately that after you graduate is a little too long to wait."

"Alex, are you serious?"

"Baby, if I wasn't serious I wouldn't have brought it up. Please, marry me this summer." he begged, kissing my fingers and looking me in the eyes.

Butterflies filled my stomach because of the way he was looking at me. I wanted to say yes so badly but I didn't know if he talked to my dad yet. "Have you talked to my dad about any of this?"

"Haley, I talked to him when we were in Vegas. He took it well and told me it was okay if we wanted to marry this summer. Please, love."

"Oh." I whispered, looking at my hands in his.

"Will you?"

"Yes." I smiled, throwing my arms tightly around his neck.

He laughed, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

"Forever and always." he said, not letting me go.

"I like the sound of that." I whispered, laying my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chhhhyeeea awh. c:
I liked this one, even though it's kinda short. I think I write too much sexual stuff. Is it too much or? I don't know, let me know on that. Thank you for the lovely comments I'm still receiving. Even from the new readers.
Comment & Subscribe.