A Lot of Potential

First Day of Summer

"So, what do you wanna do on your first day of summer, baby?" Alex asked as I jumped into his car after a long last day of my junior year.

"Anything that doesn't involve here." I said, glaring at the large brick building of Dulaney High School.

"Was it really that bad?"

"It was fucking terrible! I was by myself for Christ's sake." I sighed, waiting on him to pull out of the parking lot.

"Was Jenna not there?" he asked, looking around for people before he pulled out.

"Yeah, but she hates my guts now."

"What for?"

"Ever since prom, she's given me nothing but serious death glares. I don't even think her and Lucas are together anymore."

"Well the little prick has been cheating on her." he shrugged. "I guess she gets what she deserves in the long run."

"How do you know he was?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Because Audrey told Kara that before she started talking to Zack, she was whoring herself out to him."

I dropped my jaw. "That's fucking disgusting. Does Zack know?"

"Not that I'm aware of. He doesn't even like Audrey. I don't think anyone does." he laughed, flashing me a seductive grin. "I think you and I should go to the beach. What do you say?"

"If I have a bathing suit."

"Hey, bra and underwear is completely fine with me." he winked, turning the car in direction to my dad's house.

"Ugh!" I rolled my eyes, slapping his arm.

"What?"

"I've been with you for almost nine months now to finally realize that you are a idiot." I giggled, shaking my head.

"Oh thanks." he smirked, shaking his head also. "But you love me so, it doesn't really matter."

"Oh you're so lucky." I happily sighed. "What's it like at the beach, I may have sorta forgotten."

"Well baby, there's sand, water, sexy guys like me, and chicks in bikinis. Heaven."

"Then there will be me, looking terrible as shit."

"No, you will not." he shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I don't exactly have the perfect body for a bikini." I rolled my eyes, yawning.

"You have a perfect body, love." he smiled at me, making my heart skip a beat. Before I could say anything else, he pulled into my dad's driveway. We both got out, walking to the front door. I pushed it open, ignoring my sister sitting in the living room. We walked upstairs into my bedroom, slamming the door shut behind us. "Are you mad, baby?" he asked, setting down on the edge of my bed.

"At what?"

"You slammed the bedroom door shut."

"No, I'm not mad. I just wish I would've saw someone I wanted to see." I shrugged, getting down on my knees to search for my bathing suit in a bottom drawer of my dresser.

"Oh." he said, hopping from the bed. He sat down next to me, criss-crossed apple sauced. He leaned his head over onto my shoulder, the fabric of his beanie ticking my skin. As I dug, I found the top. He sat in silence, kissing my shoulder over and over. I got annoyed and stopped digging for my bottoms, turning to face him.

"Are you amused, little Gaskarth?"

"Very." he smiled, his brown eyes glimmering with happiness.

"I'm gla-" I started, being cut off by a kiss from him. The kiss got heated after a moment, resulting to me on top of him, kissing him angrily while grabbing two fist fulls of his grey T-shirt.

He pulled away, smiling like a idiot. "I love you."

"I love-" I tried to say, stopping to hear loud screams coming from down the hallway. "I love you." I sighed, pushing myself off of him. I walked out of the room, down the hallway to where the twins' room was. Sophia and Lia screamed their heads off, making my ears ring. I picked Sophia up, cradling her, trying to get her to stop crying. "Please quit crying."

Alex walked in, scooping Lia into his arms. He rocked her back and forth, slowly calming her down. I, on the other hand, was having no luck at all. "Trade me." he smiled, carefully switching children out. I held the now calmed Lia in my arms, watching him get Sophia to calm down.

"How the hell do you even do that?" I sighed, shaking my head.

"I dunno." he shrugged. He walked over to the rocking chair, setting down in it. He waved me over, patting his lap. I eased down, holding Lia carefully as he rocked us all back and forth. After what seemed a eternity of rocking, both twins were sleeping soundly. I rested my head on his collarbone, feeling to fall asleep at any time. I yawned, trying to fight it. He laughed quietly, kissing my forehead. "Tired, baby?"

"You do a good job at rocking them and me to sleep." I yawned again.

"We could always go to the beach later. It's still early afternoon." he smiled, bumping his head into mine. I nodded, shutting my eyes tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah not very long, but I wanted a short, sweet chapter. asdfghjkl; I love Alex so damn much. Next one will be longer and more exciting, I promise.
Comment & Subscribe.