A Lot of Potential

Lies

Alex's POV:

I pulled open the door, seeing a short brunette with the same features of the girl that I'm in love with. I knew exactly who it was. I felt like I was shutting down for a second, but I threw my mind into overdrive to think out a way to solve this situation. I can't just walk in and say 'oh hey, love, your mother who's been out of your life for sixteen years is at the door.' I just couldn't do that to Haley..

"Hi, I'm Amanda Wyatt, is Haley here?" she asked, her voice exactly the same as Haley's.

"Who are you?" I asked, playing completely dumb.

"Well, I'm actually her biological mother." she smiled at me. "Rob told me I could find her here?"

"What?"

"What do you mean?"

"Haley thinks you're dead." I spoke between my teeth. "He's known about this?"

"What?!" she shrieked. "He's been lying to them this whole time?!"

"The truth will all finally come out sooner or later." I sighed. "I don't know what to do."

"And who are you?"

"I'm Alex, Haley's fiance." I bit my lip, turning to look back at the door. I knew she knew something was up.

"Oh." she quietly said. "Rob needs to tell her the truth first before I see her."

"I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to go upstairs and call him once I get back inside."

"Please, have him contact me immediately after." she nodded, turning on her heel to walk down the sidewalk. A fancy Pontiac G6 was parked in our driveway with a man behind the wheel of it. I watched them leave, forcing myself back into the house. I didn't fucking know what to do..

"Who was at the door?" Haley asked, still sprawled out on the sofa. I ignored her, walking over the coffee table to pick up my phone.

"I gotta go make a phone call. I'll be back, baby." I harshly said, turning my direction towards the stairs. I literally ran up them, walking into the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind me. I searched my contacts for her dad's number, pressing the green button to call.

It rung a couple times before someone picked up. "Hello?" Ella quietly said.

"Ella, let me talk to Rob." I angrily spat.

"Alex, I know you're angry but please-"

"Just put him on." I interrupted her, hearing her sigh.

"Hello?" he answered, pretending nothing was wrong.

"Tell her."

"Tell her what?"

"God dammit, tell Haley everything you're keeping from her!" I shouted, my body beginning to shake.

"Alex, it's not that easy. I can't just tell her I've been lying to her for the past sixteen years. It'll ruin our relationship!"

"Would you rather her hear the truth from someone else instead of the truth from the one who's been hiding all this shit?! If she find out from her mom, she's going to hate you more. If I tell her, she's going to hate you and I both." I took a deep breath. "I'm not losing our relationship over your fucking mistake, dude. Just tell her the damn truth."

"Alex, I'm sorry." he apologized, his voice cracking.

"Don't tell me sorry, tell that to her. You've lied to her. Her and Bella both."

"I'll be over soon to talk to her."

"Fine by me." I said, hanging up the phone. I sighed in frustration, making my way back into the living room where she still was. I sat down next to her, putting my arm around her shoulders. She yawned and leaned into me.

"Yay, you're finally back. I missed you." she snuggled against me, causing me to wrap both arms around her.

"I missed you too." I smiled, trying to let my anger go.

"Is everything okay? You look kinda mad.."

"No, baby. I'm fucking pissed." I shrugged. "But it's whatever."

"What's wrong?" she asked, making eye contact with me.

"Jack is just a asshole." I quietly said, switching my gaze back to the TV.

"Oh." she said, looking at the TV too. I leaned my head against hers, kissing her forehead. "I love you." I heard her whisper as she leaned her head against my chest.

"I love you too baby."

I heard a loud knock at the door, my body tensing up. "I'll get it this time."

"Okay." I nodded, watching her run to the front door. Things were silent for a few seconds and I started to get worried.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I heard her say. He mumbled something as he walked through the front door. He gave me a apologetic look once he walked in the living room, taking a seat down in the sofa across from us. "What do you need to talk to us about?" she asked, sinking back into my side.

"Haley, for one, I wanna say I'm sorry for everything."

"What?" she raised a eyebrow.

"I've been lying to you." he sighed, covering his face with his hands. "Your mother isn't dead, baby doll."

"What?!" she shook. "What do you mean she isn't dead?"

"It was a excuse. A excuse so she wouldn't be around you or Bella."

"Why? Why would say something as sick as that?!" she sniffled, leaning her forehead into my shoulder. I rubbed circles in her back, trying to comfort her and stop the tears for coming.

"Haley, after your mother and I had you two, I wasn't sure if I was ready to be a dad.. While your mother was taking care of you both, I didn't do my part. I ended up cheating on your mom, her finding out and leaving me." he sighed, rubbing his temples. "She took you guys, I fought for custody and won. I told her to stay away and she has. She's just now contacted me and asked for permission to see you guys now that you're older. I granted it to her, so she's here in Baltimore wanting to see you. That's why she showed up at your front door. I sent her here."

Haley's eyes glared up at me. "That's who was at the door?" she choked.

I nodded, pushing her hair behind her ears. "Yes. I explained to her that you thought she was dead. She didn't know about that excuse either, so she insisted that she comes back after your dad told you the truth."

"Oh." she quietly said, turning back to her dad. "I think you should go.."

"Haley, I'm so sorry."

"Save it." she sighed. "You lied, Dad."

"I know and I'm sorry." he frowned, walking towards the door. He pulled it open and exited, leaving us two alone in killing silence.

"Sorry isn't good enough anymore." she whispered. She stood up and stormed up the stairs. I chased after her, catching her before she could lock herself in the bathroom. "Let go of me, Alex."

"No." I sternly said, pulling her away from the bathroom doorway.

Instead of resisting, she shaped into my arms, starting to cry into my chest. I pulled her into the bed, holding her in my lap. I ran my hand up and down her back, trying to console her. "Alex, why does my life suck so fucking bad?" she cried, leaning her forehead against my collarbone.

"Baby, your life doesn't suck." I sighed, kissing her on the cheek.

"Then why am I lied to and betrayed?"

"It's just the stupid people who are around."

"I guess you're right." she frowned. "You won't lie to me, will you?"

"No, never." I said, completely honest. "I couldn't ever bring myself to lying to you. I love you way too much to lie to you. Yet alone, ever hurt you."

A sudden change of mood hit her, a beautiful grin spreading across her face. Tears still fell down her face, making it unbearable still, but the grin made me feel a lot better. "Really?"

"Yes, really. I couldn't ever do anything like that." I smiled, pulling her into a kiss.

"Oh Alex, I love you so much." she said, wrapping her arms around me, squeezing me.

"I love you too, baby."

She pulled away, ramming her lips into mine. I caught the jest of what she wanted quickly. She pushed me back, setting on top of me with her hands planted firmly on my chest. "Alex, please?" she whimpered.

I nodded, pulling my hoodie she wore off of her. I pulled her tank top over her head, flipping us over so I was on top. I pulled her shorts off of her, tossing them into the floor with her tank top. She reached for mine, doing the same. I pulled a condom from the box in the nightstand, getting prepared for what she was begging me for.

My boxers and her underwear were torn off in a second. I thrusted into her, making her moan quietly. The same things never got old. She dug her nails into my back and moaned viciously as I worked my magic. I got closer and closer as the moments dragged on. She pulled my hair, which is something I hated, but at the moment I don't really give a fuck. She said faster, I went faster. I felt the booming moment and my body grew week. I collapsed next to her, wrapping us both up in the blanket.

A large rumble of thunder sounded outside, making her jump. "Love, it's just thunder." I laughed, kissing her forehead.

"I know, but I hate thunderstorms, remember?"

"They'll help you sleep."

"I hope you're right." she said, shutting her eyes. For the most part, I was exhausted. I was ready to sleep. So I eased off to sleep shortly after she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouch, well... Lies.. :/
TRUTH IS OUT. except the fact her dad has cancer..
I got sorta lazy on this.. but I did it in 3 hours, which is outstanding for me when it usually takes me up to 6-9 hours to do a chapter.. or possibly 2 days. But, enough ranting.
Comment & Subscribe.
I want 69 subscribers. ha. c: