A Lot of Potential

Dead Set On A Getaway

Alex's POV:

I woke up to the loud sound of my phone going off. I searched the nightstand without looking, finding the loud device. Jack. What would he possibly want at half past one?

"Hello?" I quietly said, feeling Haley stir in my arms.

"It's Jack." he sighed into the phone.

"Oh.. Hi."

"Alex?" Haley mumbled, pulling herself closer to me. She closed her eyes and was out like a light again.

"Are you pissed off at me too?"

"What? No, I'm not. Whose pissed off at you?" I asked, furrowing my brow. I wish people wouldn't talk to me at early morning hours.

"Kaylyn. I told her what happened and she got mad at me." he coughed. "She told me I shouldn't of hit him."

"I would of."

"I know you would've bro. What's up with you? You sound pissed off."

"For one, you're calling me at 1:30 in the morning when I'm exhausted as fuck. Two, I'm pretty upset with Haley's dad. I'm sick of bullshit." I sighed in frustration.

"I figured you'd still be up with it being summer. Sorry dude." he apologized. "What's up with her dad?"

"He lied to her. I'm sick of it Jack, she doesn't deserve it."

"Haley doesn't deserve any of the bullshit she has to put up with."

"I know." I shook my head, kissing the forehead of the tiny girl sleeping next to me.

"So anyway, what I was calling about.." he started, taking a deep breath. "I was thinking to get on Kaylyn's good side again, and in celebration that she's out of the hospital, that we all go camping. What do you say?"

I processed it. I was pretty certain Haley and I both needed a getaway. "Fuck yes, bro. Lets do it."

"Really?"

"Yeah! We'll go tomorrow night and stay for a couple nights." I smiled. Haley was probably going to hate me for this tomorrow when I tell her where we're going, but for the sake of her happiness I'd do anything.

"Alright cool. Is it cool with her?" he asked, his voice turning wary.

"I'm not going to dare wake her up and ask her. She may get angry and punch me in the face or something." I laughed. "I think she's gonna hate me when I tell her we're going, but after a while she'll be cool with it just as long as I'm there."

"You guys make me sick, bro." he laughed.

"Blow me." I rolled my eyes. "I'm going back to sleep. Later." I said, hanging up the phone. I turned it off, throwing it back on the table. I nestled closer to her, rubbing my hands up and down her bare back. I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep now.
_____________________________________________________

"Alexander!" my mom shouted, walking through the bedroom. She pulled the curtains open from the window, letting the early morning sun peak through the window. I squinted my eyes to see she had a pissed off look at me.

"What?" I groaned, setting up. I realized I was still naked from last night. "Fuck.." I whispered, looking down at Haley, who was wrapped up in the white sheet. Luckily, she was still asleep.

"How many times have I told you to lock the front door?"

"I'm sorry Mom, a lot things happened last night and I never made it back downstairs to lock it. I do every night, I swear. Just not last night." I rubbed my eyes, running my fingers through my messy brown hair.

"Like?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips. Haley jolted up, holding the blankets over her chest. Now we were seriously fucked.

"We don't have to talk about this right now.." I said, giving my mom 'a look' to tell her she was pushing too far.

She didn't see my look, she was too busy examining the scene, placing the clues of our clothes being tossed in the floor and our blankets being crinkled to extreme levels. And possibly the fact Haley and I looked like two complete messes. Her eyes traveled to Haley's face, staring down the dark bruise under her eye. "Alex, did you do that to her?"

My eyes grew wide. "Never, would I ever hurt her." I said, my tone sounding angry.

"No, Mrs. Gaskarth, I had a accident." she piped up, smiling to me.

"Oh." she said, dropping her eyes to the floor. "Well get up and get dressed."

I nodded, starting to stand up. I stopped myself, forgetting I yet again was still naked. "Um, Mom, can you leave?"

"What? Why?"

I sighed, biting my lip. "I'm sorta naked.."

Haley giggled, causing me to narrow my eyes at her. I looked at my mom, who had a shocked expression now. "Alex, I thought I told you to save yourself until you were married." she grunted, walking towards the door.

"Well technically Mom, I'm getting married soon." I shrugged. She gave me a evil eye and slammed the door shut. Haley burst out in laughter. "Shut up."

"No." she smiled, leaning her cheek into my shoulder. "Morning sunshine."

"You blew the cover." I stuck my tongue out at her, leaning in and kissed her quickly.

"What cover? She would've asked you to get up anyway."

"Yeah, yeah. Sure." I rolled out of bed, picking my boxers up out of the floor and slipped them on. "I'm gonna take a shower, care to join me?"

"I'm good." she smiled, dragging out of the bed with the white sheets in tact with her body. She walked across the room to me, stepping up on her tippy toes to kiss me. I stomped into the bathroom, pulling off my boxers and started the water. I quickly shampooed my hair and scrubbed my body down with axe. I got out, wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked into the bedroom to find Haley gone, which was strange. I looked out the door to the balcony outside our window, seeing her stand near the edge with her hair blowing in the wind.

I pulled on clean boxers and jeans, slipping a white v-neck on. I added a grey beanie over my wet hair, feeling too lazy to style it. I slid the door open, walking out into the warm Baltimore breeze. I examined her sad posture. She wore a white crop top with a pair of denim shorts. Her hair flowed to the middle of her back, gently whipping back and forth in the annoying wind. I wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on the top of her head.

Haley's POV:

I hated it when Alex caught me by surprise. He held me close to him with his chin rested at the top of my head. I turned around in his grip, looking up at him. "Hi." he said, pushing my hair behind my ears.

"What's on your crazy agenda today?"

"Don't hate me for this, love, but I may have told Jack we'd go camping with him and Kaylyn."

"Camping?" I raised a eyebrow. "I've never been camping before."

"Are you serious?" he laughed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, I'm serious. I never have before."

"I guess I've showed you everything for the first time, haven't I?" he winked, making me scrunch up my face.

"You're a perv." I rolled my eyes, pushing myself towards the door.

"Thank you."

"Wasn't a compliment, Alexander William Gaskarth." I shook my head, setting down on the bed that I managed to remake. "Why are we going camping?"

"Because Jack pissed Kaylyn off with the whole ordeal yesterday. He's trying to dig himself out of a hole and she apparently loves camping. So he invited the guys and us to come." he said, taking a seat next to me. I grabbed his hand and laid my head on his shoulder.

"When are we going?"

"Tonight sometime. After Kaylyn leaves the hospital."

"Oh." I smiled. "Where are we camping at?"

"I dunno. I'm leaving that to Jack." he shrugged, kissing me unexpectedly.

"Okay." I smiled. I was going camping for my first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY, so I got lazy.. again. But this will just show you what's gonna happen next chapter. I'm in a hurry to get this out. I wanna get to the good parts while I have time to write them.. And thank you for helping me achieve my goal of 69 subscribers. <3
Comment & Subscribe.