A Lot of Potential

Happily Ever After

It had to be early in the morning. It was still dark on June 24th when I heard Alex's loud cellphone ringing. He grunted, sliding out of bed to go tend to it. He quietly mumbled something to someone and hung up. He got dressed, standing at the edge of the room. My eyes closed on me again. I felt pressure on his side of the bed as he returned, wrapping a arm around me. "I have to go now love." he whispered, kissing my jaw.

"No!" I frowned, gripping on to him.

"I have to." he sighed, gently stroking my face. "I have to go get things ready, baby."

"What things?"

"I gotta go find my drunk best man, get him looking decent. Then I have to get myself ready. That takes time when I'm trying to look good for my beautiful soon-to-be wife."

I smiled, finding his lips with mine. "Alex, you're full of it."

"No, no, I'm not." he laughed. "I love you. I'll see you later, okay?"

"I love you too." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Bye."

"Bye." I sighed, setting up. I watched him walk towards the doorway, "Alex wait!" I called.

He stopped, turning around to smirk at me. "Yes, love?"

"I love you."

"As I love you, baby." he grinned. "In a little bit, we'll be married. I'll be all yours and you'll be all mine. I promise. Bye." he said, turning to walk through the door.

I took a deep breath, taking in his words. He was right. I'd be his and he'd be mine. Forever. That's all that counted right?

But I can't ever push away negative thoughts. Was he leaving this early to actually get things situated? Or was he making his getaway because he had second thoughts about marrying me? I couldn't help but think about it all. Not Alex, no. He took pride of possessing me as his girlfriend. He couldn't possibly turn me down as being his wife.

I pushed all that aside and decided to get dressed myself. I walked over to the closet, putting on a pair of jean shorts and a black tank top with one of Alex's hoodies. I didn't feel like looking like a million bucks right now. I decided to save dolling up for later. I strolled downstairs, looking for something to do in this big, empty house. I looked at the clock, seeing it was now a little after six. The sun would be rising soon. I didn't want to eat right now. I would feel sick if I did so.

I was going to go for a walk on the beach before hand to clear my head. I walked through the sandy surface, looking out at the sun slowly peaking over the horizon. There was just a few people around, getting their fill of the beach before it became overly crowded this afternoon. I wanted time to hurry and pass so I could be with Alex again. I walked on down the beach, soon deciding I had gone too far and started to walk back the direction I came.

As I passed crowds, my eyes set on a couple walking opposite in direction I was going. The girl was holding the man's hand with her other placed over her large pregnant stomach. They didn't look happy though. I was caught by surprise when I looked up at their familiar faces. The girl and boy I used to be best friends with. Jenna Lancaster and Lucas Fields.

I hoped they wouldn't see me. I shoved my hands into the pockets of Alex's hoodie and pulled the hood over my head. "Haley!" I heard her girlish voice squeak as a smile spread across her face. This would have been the first time she's spoken to me since she yelled at me at prom.

"Hi." I bounced over to them, giving her a pseudo smile.

"How are you?" she engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm good, I'm good."

"How's Alex?"

Why would she want to know? "He's good." I nodded.

"He didn't come with you? That's surprising. You two are inseparable." she giggled.

"Aw, Haley's little boyfriend didn't come with her. How sad." Lucas ran his mouth, pissing me off. I honestly wished Alex was there to hit him for me.

"Lucas, shut up." she scolded, giving me a apologetic look.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "So Jenna, i'll catch you later." I waved to her, walking around them. I kept walking hearing her start to yell at him. Then I heard something unpleasant. I was called a slut by him. My self-esteem dropped. Sadly enough, it had to be on my wedding day.
______________________________________________
Alex's POV

I walked up the sidewalk that led to Jack's house, letting myself in. I hopped up the stairs, finding his bedroom. I walked in, finding him and Kaylyn tangled up in the messes of blankets on his bed. "Jack, wake the fuck up."

He grunted, opening his eyes to look at me. "Damn bro, I have a major hangover."

"That's what you get for drinking last night, dickhead."

"I honestly don't remember what happened last night." he said, looking around at his surroundings. "Holy fuckery, Kaylyn and I had sex last night."

I shook my head. "Leave it to you guys to give me a awkward situation to walk in on."

"Sorry bro. Can you give us a minute to get dressed?"

"Yeah, yeah." I sighed, walking through his bedroom door and pulled it shut behind me. After a few minutes of waiting, he came out in his boxers, hiding his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"God fuck. I need a shower."

"Go take one asshole, I don't have all day to wait on your dumb ass." I shook my head. "Hurry up, i'll be outside." I sighed heavily, striding down his staircase. I found myself outside in the driveway, sitting criss-cross applesauce. I pulled my phone out and looked at the time. 6:43. I had a good three and a half hours before I was to marry Haley.

I considered calling or texting her to pass the time. I slowly started to compose a text to her, that thought being diminished when I had a incoming call from her. I smiled to myself, pulling the phone to my ear to hear. "Hi love." I happily said, getting a sad sobbing noise as a reply. "Baby, what's wrong?"

She sniffled, trying to get words out. "Nothing, I just wanted to talk."

"Haley, I know when you're lying to me."

"Alex, everything's fine." she whimpered. "I just wanted to hear your voice.."

"I'll come home." I said quickly, listening to her take a deep breath.

"No! It's bad luck."

"I don't give a fuck about the luck."

"Alex, don't come home." she sighed. "I just wanted to hear your voice, that's all. I swear."

"Why?" I asked, starting to get frustrated with her. "Haley, please, just tell me what's wrong.."

"No, you'll be mad."

"I'm slowly getting there right now. Please, just tell me what's wrong. I promise you I won't get mad."

"Ugh," she sighed again. "I went walking and ran into trouble.."

"What kind of trouble?" I slowly asked, giving her my full attention.

"I ran into Jenna and Lucas.."

I bit my lip, trying to hold back angry words. "And what happened?"

"Please Alex, don't get mad." she frantically said. "Jenna started talking to me. It ended badly when Lucas had to put his opinion out there.. I walked away and Jenna yelled at him, then I heard him call me a slut." she whispered the last words.

"Son of a fucking bitch!" I loudly said, hearing her start to cry again. "I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry. Please stop crying."

I heard footsteps behind me, automatically making me turn. Jack stood there fully dressed, looking normal. He grabbed the phone from my hand and pushed me to the concrete. "Yo, Haley, you're husband can't talk anymore. He's got shit to do. He'll see you walking down the isle." he laughed into the phone, hitting the end button.

I pushed myself up from the concrete, yanking my phone from his hand. "What the fuck is wrong with you! She was on the phone crying for Christ's sake!" I found her name in my contacts, calling her back. It went straight to voice mail. My stomach knotted up as I threw my phone across the yard. "Way to fucking go Jack."

"I'm sorry bro! I didn't know!"

I took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as I walked to retrieve my phone. "Get in the car and lets go get ready." I said as I walked past him. I got in my car, waiting for his slow ass to get in. This is going to be a long ass three hours.
________________________________________
Haley's POV

After crying my eyes out for a while, I got over it. I convinced myself that I needed to be happy and not annoy Alex with my girlishness. But that was earlier. I was picked up and brought to Alex's grandmother's house. I was put in a downstairs bedroom to get ready. I was alone half of the time, which was good. I was relaxed and I didn't need anyone to really stress me out at the moment. I just hoped Alex wasn't pissed off at me over not answering his call and decided to leave me now..

My hair and makeup was done already. I sat in a chair in front of a mirror, admiring the perfect curls that fell in front of my shoulders. I batted my eyes and pursed my lip, making sure everything else was on the lines of perfection.

I heard a door open and shut behind me. I looked in the reflection of the mirror to see my father standing in a tux. I was still upset with him over lying to me, but I still allowed him to come walk me down the isle. "Haley, you look really beautiful." he said, smiling.

"Thanks." I said, turning to him.

"You're welcome." he sighed. "I came in to give you my last fatherly speech."

"Dad, this isn't going to be your last."

"It might."

"Just because I'm getting married doesn't mean I won't be around." I shook my head, smiling.

"No, I just wanted to let you know that I love you a lot baby girl. I'm still having trouble gripping the fact that my little girl is growing up."

"Dad, quit. You're gonna make me cry." I laughed nervously, wiping a tear that fell down my cheek.

"I know, I should quit. I'll cry myself." he frowned. "I also came in to tell you to get your dress on. The show goes on in roughly thirty minutes."

Butterflies grew in my stomach. "Have you seen Alex? Is he here?"

"He's upstairs at the moment. I've seen him wandering around, talking to friends and family."

I sighed with relief. "How does he look?"

"Nervous." he answered.

"He's not the only one."

"Your sister came. So did your grandparents."

"Really?" I raised a eyebrow as I looked at him.

"Yeah." he nodded. "Well I'm gonna go. Get finished dolled up baby doll." he waved, walking through the door and slammed it shut behind him. I sighed, getting up from my seat to attempt to put on this dress.

I pulled off my shorts and tank top, folding them neatly back up and placed them on the table. I pulled on the white stockings I was given, then eased the dress on carefully, trying not to mess up my hair or makeup. I began lacing up the back of the dress myself, turning to see if I got it right in the mirror. I pulled the skirt up a little to slip into the black heels I had to go with the dress. I shook with anticipation as I delicately worked the veil into my hair.

I heard the door open again, turning to see Mrs. Gaskarth. "Oh dear! You look lovely!"

I smiled, looking at my lovable soon-to-be mother-in-law. "As do you, Mrs. Gaskarth."

"Oh quit it." she grinned at me. "Ooh, I brought you something. You'll need it later." she laughed, handing me a garter.

"Oh god, this thing has been my worst fear of getting married since I was old enough to realize what was going on!" I laughed along with her. I sat back down in the chair I was in earlier and slipped the garter up my right leg.

"Let me go retrieve your flowers and father and push Alex through the door. Then we can get this wedding in process."

"How many people are here?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Not that many people. Just family and friends."

"Okay." I gulped, looking down at my hands. She returned shortly with a bouquet of roses and some other strange flower, also with my father, pulling the veil down to cover my face. She handed me the flowers as my father and I locked arms.

This was it. I was finally out of the room, walking towards the back door. I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking down at my feet. "Alex is waiting, don't have a panic attack."

"Thanks Dad." I rolled my eyes.

"It's all okay." he nodded as we began to walk through the back door. We took slow gentle steps down the grassy area. The guests were turned in their seats, gawking at us, making butterfly count in my stomach go up. I caught glimpse of the gorgeous boy I was in love with, standing there next to his best man with a grin spread delicately across his face. My heart raced as we moved closer and closer.

Once we were there, he held his hand out for me. My dad gently passed me on to him, walking to his seat in the front row. I stared at our intertwined fingers for a moment, looking up into his chocolate brown eyes. He folded the veil back from my face, then he flashed me a breathtaking smile, making me feel weak.

My hand shook in his, making his smile grow larger. "It's okay, love." he whispered in my ear, his breath ticking the bare skin of my shoulder. I nodded, keeping my eyes locked with his.

The preacher's spoke in monotone, but I held on to every word that he said. I kept my hands tied to Alex's as I waited patiently for the important words of the preacher. "Haley Noel, do you take Alexander William as your lawfully wedded husband?" he spoke slowly so I understood him.

I nodded, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "I do."

"Alexander, do you take Haley to be your legal wedded wife to have and hold from this day forward?"

"I-I do." he stuttered, squeezing my hands.

He gave us a long statement to repeat to each other. I let Alex do it first to laugh at him as he started to stutter again. "Haley, I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife. Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you for as long as we both shall live."

I smiled, clearing my throat to speak. "Alex, I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband. Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you for as long as we both shall live."

"Okay." the preacher nodded, giving us a faint smile. "I now pronounce you husband and wife." he turned to Alex, placing his hand on his shoulder. "You may now kiss your bride."

He placed his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. He leaned down and kissed me lovingly as I ran my fingers through his brown hair. A famous smirk spread out on his lips as he pulled away, bumping his forehead to mine. "I love you." he whispered, kissing me once more.

"I love you too." I nodded, taking his hand.

The time for the after party moved here quickly. I held on to Alex's hand as we wandered around the scene, talking to people I didn't know and some I did know. I was surprised when I was attacked in hugs by his family from England. His brother's mother, Lily, her husband David, Paige, Sommer, and Nessa. Also including Sommer's husband George and their daughter Carly.

Once we broke away from them, we were told by his mother to dance. I strongly opposed to this, but was forced into it like always. He pulled me on his toes, then started to sway us in circular motions. "Are you enjoying yourself, Mrs. Gaskarth?"

"Why yes indeed." I smiled, placing a hand on his chest.

"I felt like a pussy. I cried."

"I saw." I giggled, shaking my head. "It's okay, babe, I did too."

"On a scale from one to Alex Gaskarth, how hot am I looking today?" he smiled, kissing my nose.

"Hmm.. that's a hard one.."

"That's what she said."

"Alex!" a hysterical giggle burst through my lips. "You're such a perv."

"I know." he laughed along with me, twirling us around some more. "But answer the question."

"Ugh, you get a Alex Gaskarth out of Alex Gaskarth, I suppose."

"How do you feel about being a Gaskarth now?"

"I'm fine with it." I shrugged. "But when the name calling shit starts, nah uh."

"What name calling?" he raised his thick eyebrows, looking at me like I was nuts.

"Getting called Gayscarf or Gaskank." I shook my head. "Those are your names because you are gay and a skank."

"Ouch!" he smiled, leaning down to kiss me. "My wife just called me a queer and a skank. And we haven't even been married a hour."

I giggled and rolled my eyes. "But I love you." I say, feeling a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see my dad awkwardly standing there.

"May I break in and steal my daughter from you, Alex?" he asked, sounding rueful.

"Yes sir." Alex smiled at him, handing me off to him.

My dad attempted to have a father daughter dance but was failed. We both had two left feet and couldn't dance. We were laughing as we tried, but couldn't get anywhere fast. We didn't say much to each other afterwards.

The reception slowed down and Alex's mother yelled for us to take care of the cake. It consisted of Alex and I shoving white cake in each other's faces. I got the best shot, somehow getting the white icing all over his mouth, nose, and forehead. Luckily I escaped with it shoved only in my mouth area. Jack made many gay jokes about the white stuff Alex had smeared across his face. Typical Jack.

I thought I was going to die when it came down to Alex taking my garter off. Surprisingly he didn't try to be a perv and rip it off with his teeth. He gently removed it with his hands, flinging it into Jack's face.

When it came down to throwing the bouquet of flowers into the crowd of women, I ended up throwing it purposely to Kaylyn. "Oops." I giggled, winking at her. She shook her head and smiled at me, pulling roses from the bouquet and handed some to Kara.

It was now getting later into the afternoon. Alex was getting impatient. He was ready for us to make our getaway and leave so we could be alone. But we couldn't until his mother told us so. I needed to quit avoiding my grandparents. I needed to talk to them sometime before I left.

"Alex," I quietly said, getting his attention.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can I ask a favor of you?"

"Always." he smiled, squeezing my hand.

"I need to talk to my grandparents and not be a bitch." I bit my lip. "Please come with me."

He gave me a warm look. A grin spread across my face as I pulled us to a stop, stepping onto my tip toes to kiss him. "This is the best day of my life." he pulled away, laughing.

"I do agree." I giggled. "I love you."

"I love you too." he shook his head with a smile on his face, pulling us back into motion. We walked over to a table where a woman who strangely looked similar to I, yet older, sat. Then a elderly man with the same eyes as I sat there, holding her hand. "Hello." Alex greeted them, making it a lot easier on me.

"Oh my goodness.." the woman said, placing her hand over her heart. "Michael, Haley's fully grown now." she said excitedly, grinning. She stood up from her seat, pulling me into a tight, warm, hug. I took a deep breath, feeling how right it felt.

"Hi, Grandma." I pulled away, holding onto her arms to look at her. "Grandpa, it's good to see you too."

"Oh Haley, I'm so proud to see you get married."

"As am I, dear." my grandpa nodded his head.

"Guys, this is Alex." I giggled, watching Alex hug my grandmother and shake my grandpa's hand.

"It's very nice to meet you, Alex."

"You too, Mrs. Wyatt." he smiled.

"Please take good care of Haley, son." my grandpa smiled at him, but said in a stern tone.

"Will do." he smiled, grabbing both of my hands. I heard Alex's name being called by his mother, which meant it was time to make our fast getaway.

"Well you two better get going." my grandma stood up, taking both of us into a hug quickly. "I hope to see you guys again soon. Oh, and Haley, your mother sent good wishes."

"Tell her I say thank you." I smiled. "I love you guys!" I let my smile turn into a large grin as I started to sprint off with Alex.

I supposed this was traditional when people started throwing rice at us. I was going to have fun picking rice out of my dark brown curls later. Jack purposely aimed with accurate precision to hit Alex in the face with a hand full of rice, that he ended up spitting out. "That shit is fucking nasty." he shook his head as we continued to slowly run to a parked car.

"What is this?" I giggled, examining the black Cadillac CTS.

"A Cadillac." he smarted off, pulling open the passenger door to stuff me and the large flowing wavelets of silk into the front seat. He buckled my seat belt for me and shut the door, quickly getting in on the drivers side.

"I think I know that." I rolled my eyes. "But really, Alex."

"Our getaway car, and afterwards, your car."

I laughed, shaking my head. "You didn't have to go to extremes and get something fancy."

"It has to be perfect for you." he smirked, stepping on the gas as he accelerated down the road. "We're married now!" he grabbed my hand, lacing his fingers through it.

"It feels so good now that the wait is over."

"I know, right?" he laughed, keeping his eyes on the road.

"What's on your crazy agenda now that we're married?"

"Well, we're going back home right now to grab a few things, then we're getting on a plane and going on a adventure."

"A adventure? Really babe?" I rolled my eyes. "To where?"

"I'm not telling you that." he smiled devilishly at me.

"This is going to be a long day then, huh?"

"You bet, love." he laughed. We continued the long drive back to Baltimore, setting us back into the driveway of our house. It was all setting into place now. Alex and I was married now. He helped me out of the car, holding a hand in mine and the other firmly on my waist as I stood up from the low-sitting vehicle.

It was pretty late now in the afternoon now. The summer breeze felt nice on my shoulders as we walked to the front door. He slid the key in the doorknob, unlocking the door and pushed it open. He took me by surprise when he swept me off my feet, walking through the door of the house. He shut the door with his foot, carrying us upstairs.

He laid me down on the bed, as if I was a delicate breakable object. He placed a loving kiss on my lips as he took a step back. "I gotta control myself. We can't miss our flight." he smiled. "Are you going to change? I know I am."

"This dress is so beautiful though, I don't wanna take it off." I pouted, letting my frown turn into a smile.

"I know. You look absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous, baby." he gave me his famous seductive smile, pulling me up from the bed. I turned my back to him so he could help me undo the lacy ribbons that tied the back of the dress together. He moved my hair away from the back of my neck, kissing it intensely. I bit my lip, trying to hold back a moan.

I took a couple strides away from him, kicking off my heels. I tried to pull the dress over my head carefully, but it wasn't working. He laughed, coming to assist me. I was finally free from the large heap of silk. I looked in the closet for something to put on. I found a oceanic blue dress with black lace straps and put it on, slipping on my black toms. I walked over to the mirror, pulling out pins from my hair that helped shape it up. I turned to see him sitting on the bed, looking normal as usual. He wore a white shirt that said 'Man Whores and Open Sores - All Time Low' on it and a pair of black skinny jeans.

I walked over to him, crawling into his lap. I kissed him gently while playing with his long, brown hair. "Are you ready to leave?"

I nodded, sliding off of his lap. He stood up, kissing my forehead and grabbed my hand. He walked us back outside to the black Cadillac. We got in and started a short journey to the Airport. When we got there, he parked the car in a parking garage for the week, getting out two bags from the truck, and led us to the airport entryway. He had the tickets in his bag, grabbing them out before we went through airport security. Once we were around that jungle, he handed the tickets to the stewardess and led me to the plane.

We sat side by side in the first class area of the plane. He got us both a glass of champagne as we waited for take off. "How long exactly is this flight?"

"About eight hours and thirty minutes." he shrugged, taking a sip of his champagne.

"Seriously Alex? Where the hell are we going?"

"Out of country. That's all you get to know."

"Damn." I giggled, resting my head on his shoulder. "Alex?"

"Yes, love?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby." he smiled, gently kissing me.

I slept almost seven hours of the eight hour and thirty minute trip. I was refreshed after a long day. It was dark at whatever airport we had landed on. I held tightly onto Alex's hand as he pulled me to the baggage claim, finding both of our bags. We walked outside, finding a taxi waiting to take us somewhere. He spoke swift French to the driver, giving him the directions to our next destination.

"I didn't know you spoke French." I smiled, leaning into him.

"You do now. I took it three years in high school."

"Are you going to tell me where we are now?" I begged, looking outside the dark window.

"No." he laughed, shaking his head. "You'll find out when we get there."

"Aleeeeex."

"Haleeeeey." he mocked, kissing my cheek. "I promise, we're not that far."

"You've been here before?"

"Lets just say, I have. Once like a couple years back with my parents for summer vacation."

"The weather is nice." I complimented, feeling the taxi come to a stop. He paid the fare and got the bags, grabbing my hand, leading us towards a body of water. I looked out to see a boat floating at the edge of the blue water. "Now where are we going?"

"Out there." he pointed towards the horizon. "Then we'll be at our destination."

"Okay." I nodded, letting him help me into the boat. I sat down, listening to him talk more French to the guy operating the small little engine-powered boat. It took off quickly, speeding across the lovely blue water. I sat in silence, listening to the hum of the engine and watched the water create a little path were the boat had been. He sat next to me with his chin placed on my shoulder and his hand in mine.

We shortly arrived at our destination. The area was sandy and very beautiful. I saw lights through a canopy of trees ahead, making me slightly curious. We got off the boat, standing on the white sand by the water's edge. The boat we rode to the area took back off across the body of water. "I'll tell you where we are as soon as we're inside." he smiled, grabbing my hand in his and our bags in the other. We walked through the sand and towards the lit up area through the trees, seeing there was a large hotel with large glass windows that over looked the beach.

He led us inside, stopping us in the main lobby. He checked us in, speaking more French to the woman at the counter. She gave us room keys and told us which way to go. We walked outside, walking down a slippery pavement. He took us to a house-like area and slid the key in the door, pushing it open. He led us inside and threw the bags in a chair and scooped me off of my feet again. We were in the bedroom, on the bed, him on top kissing me angrily.

"Wait, you didn't tell me where we are." I smiled, pulling away from his lips. He moved his lips to my neck, kissing and sucking on the skin there.

"We're in Fiji, love." he smiled, pulling my dress over my head. "I've been waiting for the past ten hours to do this."

"What, the sex?" I shook my head, pulling off his shirt. He nodded with a smirk on his face as we worked as a team to get his shoes and jeans off. We were down to no clothing, rolling around kissing and giving each other different aspects of pleasure. He decided to start the real stuff, steadying himself over me to push in. He started off slow, pushing faster and faster. "Oh Alex." I moaned, knotting my fingers into his hair like I have before.

"Haley," he smirked, continuing his job. I slid my hands to his back, digging my fingernails into it. I moaned softly, it soon growing louder.

"Alex, please go faster." I begged as he sucked on my neck. He took a deep breath and did what he was told. The feeling was out of control, almost unbearable. My toes curled as I felt myself go like firecrackers on the forth of July.

He pulled the blankets over us, pulling me to his sweaty chest. He took deep breaths as he played with my hair. "Haley, I love you. I'm happy you married me today."

"Alex, I love you too." I smiled weakly at him, kissing him softly. "Go to sleep now, you look exhausted."

"I am." he laughed, taking another deep breath. I smiled to see he was sleeping. I ended up falling asleep in his arms.

Now we could live happily ever after..
♠ ♠ ♠
JUST BECAUSE THE CHAPTER IS CALLED 'HAPPILY EVER AFTER' DOES NOT MEAN I'M DONE WRITING THIS. I just did that after the last line in the story. c:
BUT AWH, THEY'R MARRIED NOW. <3
Comment & Subscribe.