A Lot of Potential

We'll Try

We've been on the Vans Warped Tour for at least a week. I couldn't tell, my nights and days were starting to get fucked up. A different place every night was exciting, and getting to see the boys play every night was even better. We were on our way to the sunny state of Florida from Georgia. The bus' loud engine hummed as we drove. After a while, you'd get used to the loud noise. Almost everyone was passed out asleep after a long set in the Georgia heat.

Alex was fast asleep in the front lounge, leaning his head against a cabinet. He held a tight grip around me as I sat on his lap with my head rested on his shoulder. I kept focus on the TV that lit up the dark lounge. I drifted in and out of the stupid remake of The Dukes of Hazard. I looked at the digital clock that sat on the entertainment center, seeing it was almost 4 AM. I was ready to go lay down in the oh, so comfortable bunk.

I heard quiet footsteps by the bunk area. I turned my head to see Jack's tiny, pink and black haired girlfriend, Kaylyn enter the room. She sat down across from me and yawned, giving me a bright smile.

"Morning?" she laughed as she stretched.

"Morning to you too, Kay." I tiredly said.

"Haven't been to sleep yet?"

"No, it's hard to move when you feel like you're glued to something." I rolled my eyes, glaring at my sleeping husband.

"That's when you slap him in the face and say 'Let me go!'"

"I wish it was that easy. Alex sleeps like a rock."

"Oh." she rubbed the back of her neck. "So, how have you been doing?"

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused look in my face.

"Like, how are you feeling? Since after your dad.."

"Oh." I bit my lip. "I'm slowly getting along, but it's tough."

"I understand. I know what it's like Haley, you're not alone." she sighed, giving me a pained frown. "You know, my dad was murdered. Traumatizing enough, right in front of my brother, Dylan. About four years ago in February, back in Scotland, our home was broken into. My dad tried to fight him out, but became unsuccessful. He had a knife and tried to kill my father. Dylan got in the way, trying to get the stranger off of my dad. He got cut in the neck by the knife, and my father was stabbed three times in the heart." she quietly explained, tears escaping her eyes.

"Oh my God.. Kay, I'm so sorry." I whispered, starting to tear up myself.

"It's fine, I deal." she looked down at her feet for a moment. "I just want you to know it's okay. You aren't alone at all."

I nodded, feeling Alex jerk underneath me. He slowly opened his eyes, looking around for a moment. "How long have I been asleep?" he mumbled, looking at Kaylyn. "Hi Kay."

"Hi, Alex." she laughed, waving to him.

"You've been out for at least two hours." I answered him.

"How come you didn't go to bed without me?"

"Because I can't get into the bunk without assistance. I'm too short, remember?" I rolled my eyes. "And i'd be lonely."

"Oh well." he shrugged, his eyes trying to close on him again. "Lets go to sleep, baby. Goodnight Kay, or morning?"

"Goodnight or good morning guys." she waved to us as we walked to the bunks. I was already dressed in my pajama pants and a tank top, ready for sleep. I waited on Alex to strip out of his shoes and jeans, leaving him in a black t-shirt and boxers. He pushed me into the bunk, crawling in after me. It smelt strongly of his sweet scent.

I yawned, pushing myself on top of him. "Ugh, you're cold." I sighed, sliding back into the corner where I was before.

"Oh, I'm sorry." he whispered. I watched him pull his shirt off in the dim light still left in the bunk. He threw it at our feet and shut the light off, moving closer to me. "Is this better?"

"Very." I giggled, resting my head against his shoulder. "Night."

"Morning. I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered back, closing my eyes to fall asleep.
____________________________________________

I woke up to a dark bunk, not able to tell what time of day it could possibly be. I grabbed my cellphone under the pillow, checking the time. It was shortly after three. I sighed, sprawling out in the tiny bunk. There was now a lot more room since Alex was out. I felt a piece of paper under my arm, the sharp edge poking into my elbow. I turned on the light, focusing my tired eyes on Alex's neat, but yet sloppy handwriting.

Sorry for the note, my phone is dead. Jack and I are going out somewhere. I honestly don't know where he's taking me, but i'll be back soon. I love you babe. -Alex

I slid the curtain that closed the bunk off and slid out of the bedding area, nearly tripping over Alex's suitcase that was thrown carelessly in the narrow isle. "God dammit," I cursed, getting down on my knees. I rummaged though the clothes that were now not even folded like they were when we packed them. I sighed, dumping out everything and began to fold it all again.

Once I did that, I picked out a outfit for the day. I settled for a pink, red, and black floral dress with a brown belt around the waist, with high-top converses, adding a white beanie and my sun glasses on the top of my head. I found the nearest mirror, doing my eye makeup and saved my hair from looking like a total mess.

I looked to see if anyone else was in the bus. Only person I found was Vinny, the guys' merch guy. He was passed out with a bottle of vodka in his hand. I walked to the front lounge, finding Alex's cellphone thrown helplessly in the floor. I picked it up and shoved it in the pocket of my dress. I forgot my pass, so I ran back to get it. I tied it onto my belt as I walked out of the bus. I stopped, looking around for someone I knew to talk to.

Sad part was, I knew none. Some I've met but couldn't remember their names. The guys had introduced me to some. The warm Florida breeze blew on my shoulders as I tried to debate what I was going to do. I'd get lost if I went walking. I was lucky enough to find the stage the boys would play on at each date.

A chair was outside the bus, so I decided to sit down and soak up some sun. I tapped my feet against the blacktop as I rested my head on the back of the chair.

My body became hot after a while. I heard the bus door open, thinking it was just Vinny going to get lunch or something. "Haley?" I heard Kaylyn sob, causing me to snap my head up.

"Kay, what's wrong?" I stood up, pulling her into a hug.

"Haley, can you please keep a secret?"

"I always can."

"I, I" she started to cry again. "I think I might be pregnant."

"What?" the words came out in a whisper.

"Please, please don't tell Jack." she shook her head. "If Alex finds out, please don't let him tell Jack."

"I won't."

"Please, cover for me. I'm going to get a pregnancy test so I can be sure of it." she sniffled. "If he comes back, cover for me.. please."

"Okay." I nodded, watching her run away. I stood there for a moment, processing all of the information I was just given. I sighed heavily, feeling extremely jealous. Tears trickled down my cheek. I felt stupid. I happened to look far out into the distance, seeing Alex and Jack slowly walking back towards the buses. I dashed back towards the bus door, making my quick entry to get away.

There was no where certain to hide except the bathroom or the bunk. The bathroom door was shut, so that set that option out. I walked to the bunks, stepping on top of Alex's suitcase to give myself enough extra height to crawl into the bunk. I pulled the curtains shut, then tried to wipe away the tears that still fell from my cheeks. I couldn't let Alex see through me. I still couldn't keep from crying, too much emotion ran through my body. Worry, jealousy, and many other more.

She was lucky. Lucky to even have the chance to find out if she was or not. I had to find out the hard way.

I heard the door open and Jack's loud voice. "Yeah, let me go hide it." I heard him say.

"Alright bro. I wonder where Haley and Kay are." Alex replied.

"I dunno."

It was silent for a moment. The curtain of the bunk slowly slid open, letting light into the bunk. "Love, what are you doing?" he laughed, reaching out to touch my leg. I didn't respond. I just kept my eyes on the wall that I was leaning against, pretending like I never heard him. "Love?"

"What?" I whispered, not daring to look at him.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I'm gonna leave you two alone for a minute while I go look for Kay." Jack pointed towards the door.

"Baby, seriously. What's wrong?" Alex asked again, crawling into the bunk with me. He wrapped his arms around me and cradled me into him. "Haley, please."

"Is Jack away?" I asked, disregarding his question.

"Yeah, he went outside. Why?"

"Because," I started, beginning to choke. "Alex, Kay might be pregnant."

"And you're upset 'cause she might be?" he quietly asked, rubbing his hand up and down my back. "Love, I'm sorry." he sighed.

I nodded, leaning my head to his chest. "She's lucky, Alex."

"Why?"

"Because she actually gets the chance to find out. She doesn't have to find out the hard way after it's way too late." I wiped away more tears that fell.

"Love, I'm so, so sorry." he whispered. "We'll try."

"What?"

"We'll try." he said again, pushing my hair behind my ears. "We'll try, starting from here on out."

"Alex, you don't have to do this.." I said, feeling pure guilt flood my body.

"No, I wanna make you happy." he lightly laughed, kissing my cheek. "We could start right now if you'd like."

A giggle escaped my mouth. "How's that possible, the bunk is too small."

"Space is not a issue." he winked as he pushed himself up to hover over me. He hit his head on the ceiling, cursing uncontrollably as he pushed himself back to my side. "You know what? There's too many pillows inclining us up." he laughed, pulling the pillows out from underneath us and threw them out of the bunk.

"Won't the others get suspicious if the pillows are out?"

"Fuck the others."

"Sounds exhausting." I laughed, allowing him to hover over me again. He ran his lips down my neck, sucking on a sensitive spot. He pulled away for a minute to pull off his shirt.

"Fuck." he cursed.

"What?"

"I forgot Jack is out waiting for me." he sighed. "Let me go tell him to fuck off really quickly. That dress better be off of your body by the time I get back." he mumbled and laughed, sliding out of the bunk and disappeared towards the front door.

I kicked off my shoes and shimmied the dress off. I wrapped up in the blanket while I waited for him to return. Luckily I did, since Jack followed Alex back in to the bunks.

"Haley, where the hell is Kaylyn?" Jack scratched his head, peering into the poorly lit area where I laid.

"She said something about being hungry and went to get food." I lied, trying not to sound concealing.

"Oh, okay. I'm gonna go get something to eat then." he shrugged. "Why the hell are your pillows on the floor Alex?"

"I knocked them out when I came to talk to you." he also lied, waving him on. "Enjoy your meal, bro."

"You too." Jack smarted off, running towards the bus door.

"Oh my God.." Alex laughed, crawling back into the bunk with me. "Now, where were we?" he smiled, stroking my sides as he pushed himself back over me for the third time.

"Your jeans need to go." I whispered, undoing his belt. He slid them off, leaving them in the corner of the bunk with my dress. He slid his hand into my underwear, rubbing on my sensitive area. I moaned quietly, running my fingers through his hair.

"Love, don't touch my hair." he smiled, breathing into my neck. "I don't wanna have to fix it again."

"Wear a beanie, you cry baby." I giggled, running my hands up and down his chest. "Alex, please go."

"Okay." he said, going for the back of my bra.

"No, leave it on. I don't wanna have to try to fully redress in here."

He sighed, sliding his hands down my sides, to my hips. He slid my underwear off, tossing the flimsy material into the corner with the rest of our clothing. He pulled his boxers down a little, preparing himself for entry.

He slowly pushed in, bumping his head on the ceiling again. I knew he was uncomfortable with the space now. "Alex," I whispered, placing my hands on his chest. "stop."

"What?" he raised a thick eyebrow.

"Trade me places."

He gave me a confused look and did what he was told, steadying me on top of him. I felt a little awkward on top, when I had never have been before. I leaned forward, to where our chests met, as I slowly began to thrust my hips back and forth. I moved faster, realizing I was now in total control.

He held his hands on my hips, occasionally running them down my thighs and up my back. I sucked on his neck as I kept thrusting, making him bite his lip. "Am I doing okay?" I whispered, slowing down my pace.

"You're doing a amazing job, please keep going." he mumbled, throwing his head back. I kissed his neck and continued thrusting at a quick pace. "I'm getting close."

"Alex," I whimpered. "I am too."

"You can do it." he nodded, placing his hands firmly on my hips. I kept moving, not stopping until I felt that amazing feeling rush through my veins. I laid my head down onto his chest, taking deep breaths as he played with my hair.

I slowly moved off of him, reaching for our clothes at the foot of the bed. "Ow." I reached for my hip, feeling a tightening feeling.

"What?"

"I may have possibly pulled a muscle." I giggled, pulling on my underwear.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes, starting to redress. He attempted to put on his shirt, only to hit his head again. "God damn, I'm gonna give myself a concussion."

"Duck, smart ass." I said, slipping my legs through the opening of my floral dress. I slipped it back on, fixing the belt buckle on it.

"Shut up." he stuck his tongue out at me as he pulled the curtain open to get out.

"What time do you guys play today?"

"Right before dinner." he smiled, helping me out.

"Okay." I nodded. "When's that?"

"Around four thirty-ish." he shrugged. "But soundcheck is at four fifteen."

"What time is it now?"

"Four."

"Oh, okay." I laughed, putting my sneakers back on.

"Are you gonna come out today?" he raised his eyebrow, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why wouldn't I? I like seeing you guys play."

"Because.." he paused. "of the whole Jack and Kay thing."

"Oh, no.." I quietly said, looking down at my feet. "I'm gonna go."

"Okay love." he smiled.

"Now I'd hate for you to be late for soundcheck and have Matt on your case, so we better go." I said, turning my frown into a smile. I grabbed his hand and led him to the door. We walked out into the warm Florida heat, walking in direction to the stage they were playing on this evening.

We walked through tons and tons of people, all going in different directions. When we got to the stage, it was a relief. I laid eyes on Kaylyn and Kara standing at the edge while their boyfriends messed with their instruments. Before I could leave, Alex stopped me and kissed me on the cheek. "I'll see you after we play."

"I love you. Good luck." I say, standing up on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"I love you too." he laughed, wrapping his arms around me. "I have all the luck I need."

"Shut up and go do your soundcheck." I giggled, pushing him away. I flashed him a small smile as I skipped to where Kara and Kaylyn stood. "Hola chickas."

"Someone's happy." Kara commented, raising a eyebrow. "What happened?"

"What?"

"What did you and Alex do?" she shook her head.

"Talked." I shrugged.

"Oh whatever! More like a little fuck, huh?"

I snorted, shaking my head. "Maybe so. But you have no proof."

"Your hair is messed up and your dress is a little wrinkled." she smiled. "Don't tell me you didn't do anything but just 'talk.'"

"Okay, so?" I stuck my tongue out at her. "It's not like you don't jump Rian's bones either."

She shrugged shamelessly. "It happens."

I turned my gaze to Kaylyn who stood there silently, looking off towards Jack. "Kay?"

"Yeah?"

"How are you feeling?" I quietly asked her. "Did you get it?"

"Yeah, it's in my bag. I'm just scared." she sighed.

"Kay-Kay, it's gonna be fine." Kara told her, patting her back. "If you are, you and Jack will make great parents."

"I don't even know if I am or not." she bit her lip. "I got caught as I was walking back so I didn't get to take the test. I'll take it whenever their set is over."

"Kara, Alex, and I will do anything to help you get it around Jack, just so you can get it done." I assured her.

"Alex knows?! Fuck, he's gonna tell Jack!"

"No he won't. Alex can keep secrets." Kara said.

"Even if he thought about doing it, I'd fucking hurt him." I smiled when I saw her laugh. "He'd be dead or badly beaten."

"My God." she smiled. "I think I ca-" she started, but was cut off by the loud sound of All Time Low's intro. The boys ran out onto the stage, continuing the intro. They moved quickly into Jasey Rae.

They played their full set. I was really impressed with Florida's crowd. I saw a mosh pit being spread open and a lot of people singing along with Alex. I knew it mad e the guys happy. I watched Alex and Jack be the total gayest straight men alive. Alex took his pants off and Jack wore blue booty shorts that said 'get low' on the butt of them. These boys were so strange.

When the set was over, they came running off the stage. Alex tried to wrap his arms around me, but was rejected. "I don't want you to touch me. You're all sweaty and I don't want to stink." I rolled my eyes, running away from him.

"But baby!" he whined, finally catching up with me. He pulled me to his sweaty chest and began to walk towards the bus.

"Alex, I'm going to fucking punch you." I giggled, slapping his chest playfully.

"But you love me."

"Oh do I?"

"You married me didn't you?" he laughed, pulling open the door of the bus. "Go doll up, we're going somewhere." he whispered into my ear, kissing my neck.

"Okay." I nodded, pushing him away.

"I'm gonna shower, then i'll meet you back here." he squeezed my hand, kissing me quickly, then began to walk away.

I walked to the bunk was, pulling the suitcase out of it and into the floor. I pulled out a short, black dress that I have been waiting to wear. I ditched the floral dress that was drenched in Alex's sweat and put on this one, twirling around in front of the bathroom mirror. I turned on my curling iron and twisted some curls into the bottom layers of my hair, then redid my makeup.

I walked back out barefoot, grabbing my heels and the necklace Alex had given me as our one month anniversary gift, and skipped to the front lounge. I sat down next to Kara, watching Kaylyn pull the pregnancy test from the box.

"What do you do with it?" Kara raised her eyebrow as she read the instructions for Kay.

"You pee on it."

"Oh, well then. How long do you have to wait before it tells you?"

"It says two on the box." she sighed.

"You should go take it before Jack gets back." I waved her towards the bathroom. She nodded quickly, and walked shamefully towards the bathroom.

"I'm sorta scared for her." Kara said.

"I am too. I just hope Jack takes it well.." I replied, slipping on my heels.

"If he hurts her, tell your husband to back off 'cause we're going to murder his best friend." she giggled. "But I do think he'll take it well. Or at least I think."

"Only Alex could really define that. He knows Jack better than he knows himself."

"That's true." she replied, jumping when the bus door opened. Jack hopped up the stairs, looking at us carefully.

"Hey girls, where's Kay-" he stopped, his eyes looking at the pregnancy test left on the counter. "Uh, who's is that?"

I had to think of the quickest lie that came to me. I wasn't prepared to lie so soon. "Oh, it's mine."

"Right, uh, where's Kay?"

"She said she was going to get you at the showers." Kara quickly answered.

"Kay, thanks." he said, running out of the bus.

"That was a close one." I sighed, covering my face with my hands.

"You probably shouldn't of said it was yours. He's gonna go tell Alex!"

Right after she finished her statement, Alex quickly walked in. He was biting onto his bottom lip, and I could of sworn he was drawing blood. He walked over to the pregnancy test, picking the box up and turned to me. "What's this?"

"A pregnancy test." I shyly answered.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he sighed, setting down next to me. "Oh fuck, wait.. Shit, I'm so stupid! I forgot about Kay."

"Babe, it's okay." I grabbed his hand. "She's taking it right now."

"Okay." he said, turning his gaze to Kaylyn who had walked out of the bathroom in tears.

"Guys?" she said, collecting our attention. "Alex, do you know?"

"Yeah." he sadly smiled at her as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Well, what'd it say?"

"I'm pregnant." she sighed.

"Oh my gosh." Kara and I said in unison. I squirmed out of Alex's hold and ran to give her a hug.

"Are you going to be okay?" Kara asked, hugging Kay too.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna tell Jack later over dinner." she began to cry.

"Kay, don't cry! It'll be okay." I hugged her again.

"What if it's not?" she snapped. "What if Jack breaks up with me? What if I'm a terrible mom?"

"Kay, Jack won't break up with you. He loves you so much. I think he'd be happy to know that you're pregnant." Alex added his input, standing up to hug her also.

"Thanks Alex, I hope you're right." she sniffed, pulling away from us to throw the test away. She wiped the tears off her cheeks with a napkin and headed for the bus door, disappearing outside somewhere.

"Are you ready to go love?" he asked, grabbing my hands.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Where are you two off to?" Kara gave me 'the look.'

"Out." he answered, pulling me towards the door. He held my hand tightly as we walked to the gate of the concert grounds.

"Where are we going?"

"To dinner. You and I haven't been out in forever, so here it is." he squeezed my hand, stopping in front of a busy eatery. He pulled the door open and got us a table in the back. The room was dark, but was lightened up with candles on the table.

"This is.. cute." I giggled.

"Cute?"

"I don't know how to describe it." I pursed my lip, beginning to think of other words to use. "This is really sweet, Alex."

"But I'm the sweetest guy you know, right?" he laughed.

"Honestly, yes." I giggled.

He smiled in satisfaction, reaching over to grab my hand. He toyed my wedding ring around my finger, completely dazed. He was completely oblivious when the waiter walked up. I slapped his stomach, knocking him out of his little world. "Oh, yes. Hi." he smiled at the waitress.

"Hi, I'm Ashley, and i'll be your waitress tonight." she flirtatiously said. "Can I get you any drinks?"

"Two Sprites." he answered, smiling at her. She smiled back and turned to go retrieve the drinks. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I hate you." I mumbled, hearing him laugh.

"Why?"

"Because you're attractive and always seem to attract every female you come in contact with."

"I can't help it. Blame my parents." he laughed again, kissing my head. "But I love you."

"I love you too, but I hate you."

"Mhm, sure." he rolled his eyes and shook his head. I watched the girl return with the Sprites, setting them down in front of us.

"Now, can I take your order?"

He ordered us both steaks. I didn't know how to react when she brought them to us. They were huge and I didn't think him or I could finish it. It was very hard to cut. He ended up cutting the pieces out for me to eat. I only ate half of it and so did he. "I can't breathe." I giggled, leaning onto his shoulder.

"I feel that way too." he took a deep breath, shaking his head. "Are you ready to head back?"

"I'm ready to walk off this feeling."

"Alright." he laughed, getting our waitress' attention.

"Yes, sir?" she smiled, twirling her blonde hair around her finger.

"May I get the check, please?"

"Yes." she nodded, walking away.

"Stupid blondes." I muttered, crossing my arms across my stomach.

"Be nice." he laughed, touching my face. He cupped my face with his hands, leaning down to bring my lips to his. He smiled into the kiss as he also stroked my face with his thumbs. He pulled away and whispered, "I love you." softly.

"I love you too." I giggled, turning to see the dirty looks I was getting from our waitress, who was walking towards our table. She slammed the bill down in front of Alex, giving him a hateful look as well. He smirked at her as he paid for our meal.

"Thank you." he said, being a total jerkoff.

"You're welcome, sir." she bitchily replied, walking away.

He laughed and shook his head. "Bitch." he mumbled, grabbing my hand as we walked towards the exit.

"Congrats on being a total dick to her, babe." I giggled, hugging onto his arm.

"I can be nice to people. But after they disrespect me or my loved one, oh it's on."

"I should've said something."

"Nah, don't even worry about it." he shook his head. "Lets take the long way back."

"Okay." I nodded. "But I don't like it when my husband is being hit on." I jokingly said, laughing when he began to laugh.

"You should of seen the chick at the jeweler earlier. She was checking me out and I didn't notice until Jack said something to me about having a wife."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What'd he say?"

"He just asked me if my wife had texted me." he laughed. "Then I realized what the fuck was going on. Jack bought the ring and we left."

"My God, Alexander. You're just a chick magnet, aren't you?"

"Sadly yeah." he said, turning his head to the sound of a loud cough behind us. I started to feel like I was in a horror movie by the fact the street was abnormally dark and a strange man was following us. "Just keep walking."

I nodded, holding onto his hand. The man's fake coughs were annoying, just a plea to get our attention. I took a deep breath as we continued to walk. "Alex, I'm scared."

"I know." he quietly said, looking over his shoulder. "Just ignore him, he's wanting our attention."

A tear escaped my eye. I was getting more and more panicked by the second. I wanted to stop and ask him what he wanted from us, but I couldn't. I tried to keep my sniffling unknown from Alex and the man.

"Hey," the man called out. His voice was rough and scary. "stop ignoring me."

"Fucking asshole." Alex muttered as we kept continuing to walk.

"Are you deaf, dumb ass?" the man called, throwing a rock at us. It hit me in the back, sending severe pain through my back.

Alex stopped and turned, pushing me behind him. "What do you want, bro?"

"Give me everything you have, now." he took a step forward assertively.

Alex reached into his pockets, maintaining his protective posture. "Here." he said, holding his hand out with a wad of cash in it.

I peered under his arm, seeing something glimmer in the man's hand. I realized it was a knife and I began to shake. He reached out, taking the money from Alex. He then lurched at him, shoving the sharp object into Alex's side. He withdrew the knife and ran at me, shoving me towards the ground and took my cellphone, running off into the darkness.

I pushed myself off the ground, running to my injured husband's aid. He held his hands over his wound, scrunching his face in pain. "Alex!" I whimpered, my hand shaking.

"Love, please get help." he mumbled and began to cough. I nodded and dialed 911, giving them our location. "God dammit!" he cursed, setting down to the ground.

I began to think fast. I ripped a piece of fabric from the skirt of my dress and pressed it against his wound. I firmly kept it pressed, his blood covering my fingers. He held his hands over mine, looking up at the sky, taking deep breaths. I heard sirens down the street, giving me some hope. I tore another piece of fabric off and applied it against his wound, waiting for the ambulance.

Once they showed up, they got him on the stretcher and into the vehicle. I rode in the back as they added more and more fabric to try to stop the bleeding. Tears kept coming as I watched them try to care for him as much as possible.

We arrived at the hospital in a matter of minutes. They wheeled him off somewhere that I wasn't allowed to be in. I was upset that I had to leave him. I didn't know what else to do. I walked outside the emergency room exit, wiping his blood off of my hands onto my dress. I held his phone in my hand as I began to think of who to contact first.

I decided not to call Matt. I didn't want to deal with him yelling at me when he answered. I decided to call Rian first. I found his number in Alex's contacts. It rang for a moment before his tired voice picked up. "Alex, where the fuck are you man?"

"Ri, it's not Alex. It's me." I quietly said, trying not to sob again.

"Haley, what the fuck?"

"Rian, it's Alex. He's in the hospital."

"What?! What's wrong?!" he almost shouted into the phone.

"I'll explain later." I cried and hung up. I walked back into the hospital, taking a seat in the waiting room for the long wait I had.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH OUCH. Tragedy strikes. whatta bitch.
But sorry I took so long on this.. I sorta wanted it to be perfect but it's far from it.
Comment & Subscribe.