A Lot of Potential

Unexpected Visitor

His breath smelled sweet, making me want him more. His body was on top of mine, giving me some sense of bliss as he ran his hands up and down my bare back. Bare back, yes. Our clothes were shed and were tossed onto my bedroom floor. His lips traced my jaw, then moved to my lips. He kissed me passionately for a few moments, then began sucking on the skin on my neck. A quiet moan escaped my mouth. I felt him smile against my skin before he looked me straight in the eye. He continued kissing my neck, making me moan softly again.

"Alexander," I moaned out, pulling his lips to mine. He kissed me fiercely and ran his hands down my sides.

"Mmm." he moaned, kissing me again. I bit his bottom lip and began sucking on it. "Are you ready?" he asked, playing with the band of my underwear.

"Yes, hurry." I say, letting him remove them.


I wake up, sweating uncontrollably. Did I just have a sexual fantasy about Alex? I look to see a dark figure coming through my window. I sat up in fear, watching the figure come closer to me. It wrapped it's arm around me, and kissed me softly. I relaxed knowing it was just Alex.

"I leave my window open for a reason Alex." I laughed lightly, curling into his chest.

"I know, but I wanted to come see if you wanted to come out with me tonight. You weren't answering my texts or calls. And why are you all sweaty?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Um, it's just hot under here, that's all." I lied, kicking off the blankets. "I'll go, but would you mind waiting on me to take a quick shower?"

"No problem. I guess I can chill here or do you want me go hang outside?"

"Well if you hang around outside the neighbors are most likely to call the cops on you for hanging around the outside. But if you stay in here, shut the door and lock it so my dad doesn't come in. And also watch out for Bella and Catastrophe coming through the window."

"Escape plan if they do?" he asked nervously.

"Either hide under the bed, or make a dash for the bathroom. But tell me you're in there if you do." I say, shutting the door. I removed my clothes and turned on the water. The warmth felt sensational as it flowed down my body. I wasn't planning on going out with Alex tonight, I was actually planning to end our closeness. For the past two weeks have been inseparable.

I shook off my thoughts, and turned the water off. I wrapped a towel around my skinny body and walked out to see Alex sitting where I left him. He raised his eyebrows and let his eyes travel up and down my body.

"Don't even comment, Alexander.' I sighed, "I forgot clothes, get off my back."

"I'm sorry you forget something as important as clothes."

"Shut up. What is on your crazy agenda so I can dress appropriately for the occasion."

"Well there's a party that I wanted to take you to and then maybe go goof off somewhere, not sure. But I think I wanna ask you a question before hand." he said, making my heart beat faster at his last question. "Now go get dressed."

"Alright." I agreed, walking back into my bathroom. I pulled on my bra and underwear, then slid my jeans up my thighs. I was caught by surprise when my bathroom door flung open and Alex came scurrying in.

"Alex, what the fuck!" I screeched, throwing my arms around my frame.

"I heard voices outside your window. Be quiet." he shushed me.

"Get in the shower." I say, pushing him into the tub and pulling the curtains shut. "Keep your breathing down too."

He was right, Catastrophe and Bella were back. Bella pushed open my bathroom door as I was doing my eye makeup.

"Where are you going?" she casually asked.

"I'm going to hang out with my friends at a party. What are y'all doing?"

"We're going to change out clothes then head to a party." Cat said before Bella had the chance to say anything.

"What did you guys do before?" I say, raising my eyebrows at them.

"Um nothing.."

"We had sex with some college guys." Cat shrugged at her.

"Nice."

"Haley, when are you finally gonna get laid?"

"Whenever I'm ready." I shrugged.

"You and that Gaskart kid have been hanging around lately. God just let him pop your cherry already, he's fucking fine Haley! Don't pass him up! Bang him!" Cat blurted out. I blushed a deep red color, knowing Alex was behind the curtain grinning like a fool.

"It's Gaskarth, and I'm not going to bang him because he's my friend. Friends don't bang friends."

"But he's hot." she shook her head. "Friends with benefits do?"

"I'm not going to bang Alex, okay? If I was his girlfriend or something, it would be a different story." I flat-out said. I heard him snicker quietly from behind the curtain and shook my head in response.

"Damn Haley, you're stubborn." she sighed. "Just bang him why you have the chance!"

"Okay Cat, shut up. Don't encourage her!" Bella strictly said, rolling her eyes. "Who are you going to the party with?"

"Alex." I say, pulling a grey slouchy tee over my head.

"Haley, I wish you wouldn't get involved with him." she sighed.

"Why? Just because he's being a friend to me unlike Jenna?" I snapped.

"No, I just don't want you hurt and end up like mom."

"Mom wasn't hurt." I hissed under my breath.

"She was. Dad cheated on her. That's why she became the way she was." her words were fierce. I dropped the bottle of hair gel from my grasp.

"He did what?" I choked.

"Nothing, I'm not going to talk about this right now. Maybe later. I'll see you later, bye." she said, turning and stomping out of my room with Cat hot on her heels. I kept silent, finishing my hair. I scrunched my hair in my hand, giving it more volume and curl. I looked into the mirror, trying to keep from crying to see Alex in the reflection. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the back of my neck.

"You smell good." he said, nuzzling his face into my hair.

"You should hide before they come back." I said, pushing him back to the shower. He gave me his famous puppy dog face and sat down in the tub.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all that." I whispered, pushing myself up on the counter to sit. I saw a grin spread across his face, his eyes beaming with excitement. I laughed and shook my head, slipping my black Toms on. I looked out the doorway to see Bella and Cat pass by. I nodded to Alex to let him know it was clear.

He stood up from the tub and stood in front of me. I couldn't help but eye down his perfection. He wore a blue plaid shirt with dark grey skinny jeans, also sporting a pair of black converses. His hair kept in perfect form as it always did.

"Haley?" he said, moving his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my gaze. He smiled at me and touched my knees. I flinched in pain as he touched my still injured knee. He pulled his hand back quickly, giving me apologetic looks. "I'm sorry." he said, bumping his forehead to mine.

"You know how you say I smell good? You smell good all the damn time." I said, grabbing a fist full of his shirt and pulling him closer. I inhaled slowly, taking in his sweet scent. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"I know." he smirked. "So I got a question for you."

"What?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to be my- um. My g- trick'or'treating buddy." he stuttered, running his words together. He sighed, shaking his head. Before I could answer, he ran his lips into mine. He kissed me passionately and pulled away, sucking on my bottom lip. "I want you." he whispered softly.

I pulled back in shock. I didn't know what to say. Was this all over what Bella had said? Or was it over what Cat said? A thousand questions raced through my mind as he kissed me again.

"Haley, this isn't about one damn thing those yahoos said earlier." he sighed. "I couldn't ever hurt you. You're the first girl that I've actually met that I can bond with and be totally stupid with. And you like me for me, not just because I'm talented and I'm in a band, and I'm completely gorgeous." he smirked as he said the last sentence.

"Alex, I like you too. I feel exactly the same, except the last part of your speech. You like me for me and you're not a complete dickhead to me. You actually consider my feelings, and I like that about you." I smiled at him, wrapping my skinny arms around his large shoulders. "And you being completely gorgeous and talented is a bonus." I giggled, running my hand through his dark brown hair.

"Be mine then." he breathed out, pinching my side playfully.

"What's in it for me?" I snickered.

"Well, you're stuck with me. You get a chance to fall in love," he smiled widely at me. "and we're more than just best friends."

"I like that." I say, as he kissed my nose.

"So you agree?"

"Yes."

"Yes!" he cheered out. "Will you still be my trick'or'treat buddy too?"

"I suppose." I grinned, hugging him.

"You have to, Halloween is my favorite holiday."

"Oh really now?"

"Yup," he smiled. "I dress up and hand candy out every year."

"Nerd." I joked, making him frown jokingly.

"Jealous."

"No."

"Yes." he said, kissing me.

"I never dreamed of Alex Gaskarth asking me to be his girlfriend in my bathroom." I said, pushing myself off the counter.

"Me either." he laughed, looking around the room. "Are you ready to go party yet?"

"Yeah, lets go." I said, lacing my fingers through his. I led him to the window where we walked down the side of the roof. The roof came close to the ground, so it made a easy getaway and return for us. Alex jumped off the two feet drop-off and helped me down.

We walked to his car, which was parked across the street at Jack's house.

"You parked your car at Jack's?" I said, laughing obnoxiously.

"Yeah, I was there before I came through your window."

"Oh nice." I complimented, as I climbed into the passenger side. "Where's the party at tonight?"

"Landon Freedman's house." he said calmly, remembering that it was the same guy that abused me when we met.

"The same guy that tried to kill me?" I said, freaking out slightly.

"Yeah, but it's all good. I'll be there to protect you." he smiled at me, grabbing my hand. He pulled out of Jack's driveway and drove us down a couple blocks and made a sharp turn to the right. At the end of the street was a party hands down by all the lights being on and music turned up. He parked in the middle of the street and we both got out. He reconnected our hands as we walked towards the house.

Everybody, or almost everybody, were drunk. I saw Cat in the kitchen, taking shot off of my sister. Alex and I kept walking through the house until we saw Rian and Kara dancing. Alex approached them and tapped on Rian's shoulder.

"Alex!" Rian said, pulling him into a bro hug. "Haley, it's always good to see you." he said, pulling me into a hug. Kara and I caught eyes and smiled at one another.

"Hi I'm Kara." she said, handing her hand out for me to shake. I took her hand and shook it lightly before replying.

"I'm Haley."

"So you're Alex's new girlfriend?" she laughed.

"Yup." I nodded. I needed to start getting used to the idea of being Alex's girlfriend. "Word gets around fast."

"No, he just told us earlier that he planned on asking you out!"

"Wow," I laughed. "that's cute."

"You wanna go get a drink or something?" she asked politely.

"Sure." I agreed as she pulled me by the hand to the kitchen.

"What do you want?"

"I'll take a Pepsi. I don't drink."

"And you come to parties?" she asked, shocked.

"Well my sister, which is over there doing body shots, parties every weekend with her friend Cat. I also used to go with my old friends, but I have no interest in hanging around them." I explained, taking the drink from her hand.

"Oh, may I ask who they are?"

"Jenna Lancaster and Lucas Fields." I simply said.

"Ew." she giggled. "They were over there dancing on the coffee table, screaming and yelling. I'm sorry, but she's a slut."

"Thank you, someone agrees!"

"I know, I really just can't stand her." she shrugged. "Lets get you back before Alex starts freaking out that you're gone." I followed her back to where the boys were. They were having a conversation about going to the movies tomorrow afternoon, that I had no interest in. I looked to see Jenna dancing very disturbingly with Lucas. She looked like a slut.

"Are you having fun?" Alex whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Sorta." I said, grabbing his large hands.

"Wanna go make out in front of everybody?" he laughed loudly.

"Um, no!"

"You're fun to embarrass." he said, kissing my neck.

"No I am not!"

"Yes huh." he argued back. I turned myself around in his arms so I could see his face. "You're also cute." he bumped our foreheads together.

"You're not that bad yourself, Gaskank." I giggled. He bent down and placed a long kiss on my lips, making everyone standing around stare at us. I pulled away and flushed bright red.

"I love it when you do that." he whispered. I buried my face in his chest, trying to regain my natural color. "Are you ready to go find somewhere else to hang out at?" he said, rocking my body back and forth.

"Mhm, please." I begged. He laughed gently and pulled me outside to the backyard. Groups of people stood around. Some were passed out drunk. I held on to Alex's arm, scared to run into anybody.

"Alex Gaskarth, is that you?" a small, petite blonde with pale eyes asked, strutting up to us. Alex let out a small sigh, giving me a sign that something about her wasn't good. "Oh my God! It's so nice to see you!" she said, pulling him into a hug. He pulled away quickly, staring at his feet.

"Yep, it's good to see you too." he mumbled.

"Alex, is this your cousin?" she giggled, giving me a slight push. I inched closer to him, hoping he wouldn't say yes.

"No, Lisa. This is my girlfriend, Haley." he shook his head and sighed, frustrated.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." she frowned, giving me a dirty look. "How old are you sweetie?"

"She's seventeen and you can leave now." he answered harshly.

"Mhm. She looks more like fifteen, Alex. But whatever, I don't care."

"Bitch, if you didn't care you wouldn't be asking." he snapped.

"Because I care for the girl's safety?"

"Just go Lisa."

"Whatever, if you want someone younger and not as pretty as me, go for it." she hissed.

"He didn't ask for your approval, honey." I shrugged, grabbing his hand and walking away from her.

"God I fucking hate her.." he said, walking along side of me.

"Ex girlfriend I take it?"

"Yup. I hate that bitch."

"Good reason for her being your ex?" I asked, giggling.

"She cheated on me. Then she graduated high school and I didn't have to see her anymore. This is the first time since I broke up with her."

"Damn." I say, stopping and looking up at him. I placed my hands firmly on his chest and smiled at him. "I won't hurt you Alex."

He grinned widely and placed a kiss on my lips. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm tired." I stated, laying my head on his chest.

"Alright, lets go." he wrapped his arm around my waist and dragged me along side of him. We walked through the crowds of people, who all gave us stares. I had a feeling we would be the talk of the school on Monday.

We strolled down the street to where his Range Rover was parked. He opened the passenger door for me and helped me into the tall vehicle. He got in and put his seat belt on, putting the key in the ignition and starting the engine. He pulled out and before I knew it, we were in Jack's driveway. He helped me walk to the roof where we started to make our way up to my window.

"I'll see you tomorrow babe." he said, once we were in.

"I don't want you to leave." I sighed.

"I don't wanna leave either, but I have to."

"Wait, today's Friday right?"

"Yup, why?"

"Because my dad is staying with his 'new girlfriend' and won't be home until tomorrow night. Then Bella is staying at Cat's tonight." I grinned.

"So this means?" he asked with confused written all over his face.

"It means you can stay with me."

"What am I supposed to tell my folks?"

"Say you crashed at Jack's." I shrugged.

"Okay." he said, sitting down on my bed. "I'm gonna text my mom and tell her that right now."

"Why you do that, I'm going to change into my pajamas." I nodded towards the door. I walked in my bathroom and shut the door. I pulled off my clothes and replaced them with my warm long sleeve shirt and flannel pants.

I walked out to find Alex sprawled out on my bed. Giggling, I took a place next to him. I yawned and leaned back with my head on the pillow. He kicked his shoes off and rolled over to face me. He gave me his famous smirk and placed his hand on my hip. He pulled himself closer to me and kissed me lightly on the lips.

"Are you a person who cuddles a lot? Because I know I am." he laughed, kissing my forehead.

"I'm not sure if I am or not. I like the sound of cuddling with you, though."

"I'll show you how of a intense cuddlier I am." he said, rolling over on his back. I scooted closer to his side, laying my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat thudding quickly inside his chest. I sighed, and took a deep breath. His sweet, sweet scent lingered the air, making my mouth water. He kissed me on the lips one more time before closing his eyes.

Before I knew it, he was asleep. His mouth was open slightly, allowing snores to escape his throat. I closed my eyes and listened to his synchronized breathing and finally drifted off to sleep in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit, this chapter was beautiful :'D
After a few (couple) "get them together's!" I did it!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I worked very hard on it.
I started it at 6:30 PM and it is now 4:49 AM. :)
Please tell me what you think, or what you think should happen next in the chapters of Alex and Haley's love story.
Comment & Subscribe <3