A Lot of Potential

Halloween Nightmare

Halloween fell on a Friday night and I ditched Alex after school to get ready for his favorite occasion. I pulled on the polka dotted red dress and pulled up a pair of white lace stockings on my legs. I slipped on a pair of black open-toed heels and looked at myself in the mirror. I washed off my eyeliner and reapplied it perfectly to match my look. I painted a cat-nose shape on my nose and put on a headband with furry black ears with a matching white and red polka dot bow. I stood up from the floor and looked at myself in the mirror, eyeing my cute Halloween costume that I refused to let Alex see. I did make a cute Minnie Mouse.

I carefully walked down the stairs, taking my time to get used to wearing heels. I found my sister and Cat dancing around in the living room. Bella was wearing a short, red dress and was the Devil. Cat, on the other hand, was wearing a yellow laced push-up bra with a black tutu. She had wings attached to her bra and bug antennas in her hair. I took my chances and guessed that she was a bumble bee.

"What the hell are you supposed to be?" Cat asked, firmly placing her hands on exposed hip.

"Minnie Mouse, and I'm guessing you're a bee and she's the Devil?"

"Keeping it PG for your little boyfriend Alex?" she winked.

"Shut up." I sighed, shaking my head.

"What? You haven't let him in yet? Haley what the fuck is your problem!"

"Yeah Haley, have you?" Bella asked, grinning slightly. Weird attitude change much?

"No," I say, rolling my eyes. "we've only been dating for two weeks. We're taking things slow, not jumping straight to sex."

"But that's what Cat and I do." Bella shrugged.

"What's with your sudden attitude change? You hate Alex one minute, now you're asking me about our non-existing sex life." I shook my head.

"I've been noticing that I've been a bitch to him for nothing, so I decided I should just cool my jets and get over the fact that you're dating." she shrugged.

"Okay.."

"Bang him Haley!" Cat shouted over the doorbell.

"I'll get it." I said, walking over to the door.

Bella and Cat began chanting "bang him" as I swung open the door to see Alex. His hair stood up in a weird function and he wore nerd glasses. He sported off suspenders over his white v-neck and black skinny jeans.

"Aw don't you look cute?" he commented, throwing his arms around my waist.

"Shut up." I giggled. I heard Bella and Cat whispering back and forth, occasionally looking at us. I gulped, waiting for the embarrassment.

"Alex?" Cat called from the room. He snapped his head up from my shoulder and looked at her strangely.

"Yes?"

"Take care of little Haley please." she winked at us, triggering a angered emotion.

"Um, I always do." he nodded, pursing his lips. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, lets go." I said, pulling open the door. We walked to his car and got into our regular seats. He put the car in reverse and backed out of my drive way. We zoomed out of the housing edition. I played with the radio, gently rocking around in the seat. He kept a smile on his face, watching me and the road.

"Baby, you're on the wrong station." he laughed, changing the station to a rap station. I suddenly felt awkward when Birthday Sex by Jeremiah came on. He began humming the harmony softly before singing the chorus. His voice was absolutely amazing. The first time I ever heard him sing, he sang a awkward song. "Girl you know I-I-I, girl you know I-I-I. Don't need candles and cake, just need your body to make birthday sex, birthday sex. Ooh." he laughed and sung along.

I quickly found the radio dial and began flipping through stations again. He frowned in disappointment but I ignored it. I found Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry on the rock station. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I sighed, flipping through more stations.

"What?" he smiled, sensing my discomfort.

"What's up with super sketchy songs playing tonight?"

"I don't know. Try the pop station."

I flipped the station a few more times before landing on the pop station to hear 'Too Little Too Late' by Jojo playing. "Finally something good!"

"Ha!" he snorted, and shaking his head. "Girly music shit."

"Shut up Gaskank!"

"That's not nice!"

"I know, that's why I said it!" I smiled mockingly at him.

"You're lucky you're cute." he said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I know." I smiled, turning the volume up to piss him off. He shook his head some more and kept driving. I began singing quietly to myself. I knew he was listening well to hear me sing after my dad's comment the other day. I sang the harmonies louder so he could hear me. He dropped his jaw in shock, then recomposing himself, giving me a smile.

"Holy fuck baby, you're talented."

"No, it's nothing really. I'm not." I shrugged.

"No, you could out-sing her. Possibly out-sing me too." he said, pulling into his driveway.

"Bullshit." I sighed, pushing the car door open. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the side walk where we ran into his parents.

"Oh you must be Haley!" his mother said with a British accent. She pulled me into a hug, then pulled away, looking at me head to toe. "Wow, when he said you were gorgeous, he wasn't lying."

"Mom.." he sighed in annoyance.

"Shut up Alexander. Can I get a picture of you two?" she asked, pulling her camera from her purse.

"Sure." I squeaked, as Alex threw his arm around my waist and pulled me close to his side. She snapped the picture and reviewed it, smiling widely at it.

"Aw, Peter aren't they adorable together?" she said, looking up at her husband. He nodded in response and smiled at me.

"Haley, you're welcome to stay here tonight if you'd like. Alex will sleep in the floor or guest bedroom. Your choice." he said, also with a accent.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Well son, we'll be back tomorrow morning. Behave and don't get into any trouble while we're gone." his mother scolded, walking around us. Peter followed her, getting into a shiny silver Chevrolet Tahoe.

"Well that was awkward." he sighed, walking me inside his house.

"I do agree with you."

"Are you going to stay since you're allowed to?" he asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

"Well, my dad is at Ella's tonight so, I mean, what the hell?" I shrugged, plopping down on one of the leather sofas.

"Alright. I'm cool with that. I will totally disregard my father and share my bed with you." he laughed, setting down next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "You do look cute as Minnie Mouse."

"You're one good looking nerd." I giggled, laying my head on his chest. I listened to his steady heartbeat and his calm breathing for a moment before hearing the doorbell.

"Trick or treaters!" he shouted, standing up. He pulled me up to my feet and handed me a bowl of candy. "Come on!" he said, running across his living room.

"Oh my god Alex, you're a retard." I giggled as I approached the door to see a woman with triplet girls. They were all dressed as different types of animals.

"You girls are looking good this year!" Alex laughed, putting three large pieces of candy in each of their sacks. "God dammit, they've gotten so big." he shook his head, without the smile ever leaving his lips.

"I know. I remember their first Halloween and you were only about fourteen! God, time flies by fast!" the woman said.

"Damn straight! Oh, this is my girlfriend Haley." he said, flashing his hands toward me.

"Hi, I'm their neighbor Angie." she smiled, shaking my hand. "And these little animals are Hailey, Bailey, and Kailey."

"I'm Haley, it's nice to meet you all. And you and I share the same name!" I say, pointing at Hailey. I began getting down on my knees and smiling at the three little girls. I put more candy in their sacks and stood up.

"Well thank you guys so much!" she said, slowly pulling her three kids back. "Tell Alex and Haley bye!" she told them, as they all started waving.

"Aw." I laughed and waved back. Alex slowly shut the door and set the candy on the side table next to the door. He grabbed my hand and led me back over to the couch where we both sat side by side. He had his arm wrapped around me tightly and would occasionally kiss my forehead.

"I love those little kids." he shook his head.

"They're cute."

"I know. I tried babysitting them one time by myself and dear God, that was terrible." he smiled, kissing my jaw.

"I baby sitted my baby cousin last summer and got paid three hundred bucks for watching her for a week. I was trapped in her mom's house all alone. Just me and the baby." I shrugged.

"Well if you can put up with that, you can put up with me."

"I wonder sometimes." I giggled, pecking him on the lips.

"Get out of my house." he said, pointing towards the door.

"Oh fuck you!"

"Maybe later baby." he grinned. I hit him in the ribs, making him flinch away from me. "Ow! Okay, okay, I'm sorry! This is partner abuse, you know that?"

"Yes, but the abuse has barely even started." I winked at him, laying into his lap.

"Bullshit!" he laughed, leaning down and kissing me.

************

The night had slowly made it's way to a close end. After many children at the door begging for candy, we began to settle down into the living room, watching scary movies. He turned the lights off and sat curled up in a blanket with me. I hated scary movies. Everytime there was a scary part, I would end up hiding in Alex's side. I hated he wasn't phased at all by it.

A loud scream came from the television set, making me flinch into him and hiding my face in his chest. "Baby calm down." he laughed, running his hand up and down my back. "Do you wanna go upstairs and lay down?"

"Away from this horrid movie? Yes." I nodded, standing up. He flipped off the TV and DVD player and walked me to the stairs of his house. We traveled quickly up them and down the hallway. He pushed open his bedroom door and flipped the light on. He had a twin sized bed with a navy blue comforter on his bed that was unmade. He had a small TV in front of the bed and a acoustic guitar laying idly in the corner.

"Don't comment." he said, placing his fingers on my lips.

"There's nothing to comment on. It's nice." I smiled. "I didn't bring any clothes with me. I didn't plan on staying."

"Shit, here." he said, pulling out a pair of grey sweatpants and a white shirt that said 'I <3 Boobies.' I giggled extremely, watching his expression change from calm to confused. "What?"

"Nothing, the shirt." I laughed some more.

"Oh!" he said, joining me. "Here trade me then."

I watched as he pulled the white v-neck off his body and threw it at me. He picked up the shirt he gave me and slid it on. "There." I laughed.

"I'm gonna go take a shower and get the gel and shit out of my hair." he said, taking a few steps toward the door.

"Wait, can I wash the black off my nose first?" I asked, pointing to my nose.

"Yeah, come on." he said, walking through the door. He walked us around the corner to a large bathroom. He handed me a wash cloth and walked over to the shower area. I began scrubbing the black paint off my nose, but was suddenly sidetracked by Alex in the reflection of the mirror. He pulled off his shirt and kicked his shoes off. He unbuckled his belt and grinned at me. "Are you almost done baby?" he asked, pushing his jeans to his ankles. He stood in his boxers looking at me, waiting for my reply. I was too starstruck'd by what had happened.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said, snapping out of my gaze. I wiped my nose one more time before throwing the wash cloth in the hamper. I flashed him a smile before exiting and shutting the door behind me. I walked back to his room where the clothes he had gave me to wear laid on the bed.

I sat down, sliding my feet out of the heels. I pulled off the stockings and slowly slid my dress off my body. I pulled on Alex's v-neck over my bra and coasted the large sweatpants up my hips. They fell down once I let go of them. "Dammit!" I cursed. I pulled the strings to make then waist area tighter, only for it to fail again. I give up. I sat back down on the bed, folding up the sweatpants and placing them on the spot next to me.

He came back inside the room, flipping his wet hair out of his eyes. "Why aren't you wearing the pants I gave you?"

"Because they're too big and wouldn't stay on." I sighed.

"Did you pull the draw string?"

"Yup," I say, popping the P sound. "still didn't do me any good."

"I guess you're sleeping with no pants on tonight." he winked.

"Shut up." I said, lying back on his bed. "Or i'll make you sleep in the floor."

"No you won't!" he laughed, crawling on top of me.

"Ah! Get your fat ass off of me!"

"No!" he chuckled, kissing my jaw.

"This is unfair!" I giggled, running my fingers through his wet hair.

"I don't care." he smiled and began kissing my neck. A quiet moan escaped my lips, making me feel embarrassed. I blushed as he began kissing me with each kiss changing from passionate to hungry, from hard to sweet. I wrapped my legs around his waist again, repeating my moves from the other night. A second later I was pulling at his shirt. He pulled away from the heavy kisses and pulled off his shirt like my actions commanded.

Before I knew it, he was on his back and I was straddling him again. He ran his hands down my bare legs, then back up to my butt, then my back. He kissed me a couple more times before whispering my name. He kissed my shoulder blade and looked up into my eyes.

"Baby, we need to slow down, remember?" he said seriously. I nodded in response and ran my hands up and down his chest.

"I just want a taste of what it's like." I whispered.

"I can give you that, but I don't want to take it too far."

"Okay." I agreed, letting him trade positions with me. He began kissing my neck again and then moved on to sucking on it. I moaned lightly, making him smile.

"Your moans are cute." he whispered in my ear, then kissing my neck some more. He slid his hands up and down my side, creating more excitement in my body. He grabbed the end of the shirt and lifted it up over my head. He moved his lips down to my chest and stomach area, kissing the skin and leaving goosebumps in place.

"Alex," I softly moaned out.

"Mhm?" he asked, moving his lips to my jaw.

"That's enough babe."

"I was just getting to the good part!" he laughed and kissed me lightly. He slid my body closer to his and bent his arm around my neck to act as a pillow. He grabbed the comforter and pulled it around our half naked bodies

"Goodnight." I breathed quietly.

"Night baby." he replied.

**********

"Don't fucking touch me!" I shouted, my own tone forcing my eyes open and sitting up in the bed. Alex's eyes fluttered open and sat up quickly, wrapping both of his arms around me as I started to cry.

"Baby, baby, baby." he cooed, pulling me tight to his chest. "What's wrong? What's wrong with your dream you were having?"

I considered telling him about my nightmare I just had about Lucas trying to rape me. "Alex, it was terrible." I cried more.

"It's okay, I'm here. Will you please tell me what's wrong?"

"I had a dream that-that someone was trying to ra-rape me." I stuttered out.

"No one would ever dare trying to lay a finger on you because I would fucking kill them." he whispered, kissing my cheek. I felt secure in his arms, knowing that no one could harm or damage me.

"Alex," I cried.

"What baby?"

"I-I, I love you." I choked.

He gasped, my words catching him off guard. "I, I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a half-assed chapter. Sorry guys. I'm just so exhausted at today's events and stuff.
Next chapter WILL be better. I promise.
But then again, the ending.. aw <3
Comment, Subscribe, Ideas, add me I guess? Hahah.