Status: Complete. Taking requests.

Gives You Hell

It's Killing Me Inside

*******

“Ah, there is your lover boy.”

I looked up from the book I was reading over to where my older sister was mentioning. Sure enough my number one stalker was waking his way across the yearly community picnic towards me. We made eye contact and he gave me a toothy smile and a wave.

If I could have sunk into the tree I was leaning against I would have greatly appreciated it, “He’s nothing but a stalker.”

My older sister laughed, “Oh come on now Kat. He just likes you and he’s trying to impress you. You know, if you gave him a chance he wouldn’t put you through hell with all the flirting.”

I shook my head, “No. Never. He goes through girlfriends like candy.”

My sister got up and dusted herself off, “Well, I don’t care what you say. One of these days you’re going to be running into his arms and loving him with all you have.”

“Not happening.” Though, I started to panic when she started to walk away as Tyson came closer, “Wait, where are you going? Don’t leave me with him!”

She turned her head slightly towards me, “You’ll be fine. Just be nice to him.”

I watched my sister walk away from me and over to my family and soon felt Tyson plop down next to me. Probably a lot closer then he needed to be. I felt my stomach turn and I wanted to shove him away and join my sister in what ever she was doing.

I looked over at him and he continued to smile at me, “Hey Kat. How are you on this fine Saturday?”

“Fine. Just reading. Trying to stay away from the loud commotion.”

“Oh. Fun.”

He reached over towards my book with my thumb being my bookmark at the moment. He grabbed my book keeping a hold of my page and pulled it towards him. I reached for it and he pulled away, still smiling of course, and looking at the title.

“Sense and sensibility. Sounds perfect for you.”

I sighed and tried again to reach for the book half climbing onto him to get it, “Can I have it back?”

I never realized how close my face was to his, “Maybe.”

I ended up knocking it out of his out stretched hand and it landed on the ground behind him. I sighed knowing I lost my page number and would take forever to find it. I pulled away from him and stood up. I walked over his stretched out long legs and went to grab my book.

Before I could he took it and held it to his chest and looked up at me, “Lose something?”

I held my hand out, “Give it back.”

He released one of his hands and gave me a high five on the hand that was out and waiting for my book, “Give what back?”

I let out an exaggerated sigh, “Tyson please give me my book back.”

He patted the ground next to him, “I will but you have to sit and talk to me first.”

I sat down next to him not looking at him and glaring at the picnic in front of me. This wasn’t fair. Out of all the people he could harass he had to pick me. I was minding my own business and everything. I knew I shouldn’t have come today.

“You could at least pretend to be happy to see me.”

I looked over at him giving him my glare and he smiled yet again at me. I reached over as fast as I could and tried to grab my book away from his chest. He chuckled as I tried to pull it away from him. I didn’t really get anywhere so eventually I gave up.

“You’re such an ass!”

He poked me in the side, “But you love me anyways.”

The sad thing was he was right. I did love him. He was one of my best friends and had been for years. I always turned to him when I had problems and vice versa. We were best friends but things changed last year.

He admitted to my sister he liked me. She came running to me and told me. So now I’m in this situation where I know he likes me but he doesn’t know I know it. And well, I don’t like him. Or so that’s what I’ve been telling myself. My sister thinks I won’t face the fact that I like him.

Just because he can cause butterflies in my stomach doesn’t mean I like him. I know better. I’d seen him all over the girls as school with his flirtatious attitude. I’ve seen enough broken hearts from him too.

And why risk what friendship we have?

I sighed and look at my feet, “I’m not going to get that back am I?”

“You will but under one condition.”

I looked over at him, “What?”

“We have a gig tonight and I want you to come.”

I shook my head, “No.”

Tyson looked like I had kicked his grandma, “What? Why not?”

I shook my head, “Remember the last place you had a gig?”

“I know that was a bad experience but this will be better. This place is clean and your sister is going. I’ll even come get you and drive you home.”

I leaned my head on his shoulder, “But why do I have to go?”

“Because you love me.”

So I did end up going. I went to all his shows. Even when his band got popular I went to all of them no matter what. Because I figured I was a good friend so I should support him.

Then he started doing tours. Almost one after another and I realized I missed him. I honestly missed the man. I had spent so many years either loving or hating his pranks but when they weren’t there it felt like a hole in my life that couldn’t be filled.

That’s when I started thinking.

Maybe I did love him and the whole treating him like a stalker should die out. I mean he was my best friend. Though, there was no way I could miss someone this much and not love them. I mean more then a friend way. Because I felt so love sick. The thought of him coming home made my dizzy with excitement.

And when he did come home I really was excited. My sister and I drove out to the airport to pick him and his band up. I guess to just take him home and save on transportation. He was a day early anyways and his family wasn’t back from their vacation yet so we thought we’d be nice.

The bus had broken down I guess so the bus company flew them out here to home so they’d get here the same time. But they would have to wait for all their instruments and gear. The one downfall to it all.

So we waited out front. The guys came out and headed straight for the back of the vehicle to put their suitcases in. Tyson was the last to come out. He came over to me first with a smile on his face. I smiled at him and asking him how he was.

He didn’t say anything but I felt one of his hands find my hip while the other cupped my chin. I wasn’t expecting him to lean down and kiss me. Though I don’t think any of them were expecting me to pull him closer. I heard a few cat calls but ignored it because right now his lips on mine were the only thing I needed.

It felt right. For the first time it felt honestly right.

He pressed me back into the closed metal door and pulled away smiling, “I’m better now. And you better not give me shit for doing that. I’ve been wanting to for so long.”

I chuckled, “I know. It was the only way I could give you hell.”

******
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. You never know, maybe it'll become a series. lol
Thanks for reading. :)

Hope you loved it hun. I know, it's a little cliche but I don't mind. It all works out in the end.