My Dysfunctional Family

Goodbye

~Rose pov~
I looked at my mother in the casket. Her blonde hair curled, her make-up done way to over the top, and her favorite yellow sundress on. She looked beautiful; I can’t believe she is gone. A week ago we were singing and dancing in the kitchen. I wish I would have said no back then. Thinking of how she died, it wasn’t worth this.
~flashback~
“Come on Rose, let’s go to the movies. I want to see that new horror flick.” I rolled my eyes and laughed, she still thinks it is the 60’s. When I looked up I saw her bouncing up and down on her toes. Her messy, tattered blonde hair flying everywhere around her.
After I think I have tortured her enough I say, “Fine, I will go, but I chose dinner tonight.” She mumbles, “Fine,” knowing she didn’t get her way, for me going with her for nothing. Then off we go, onto our adventure.
We are walking down the street, and we stop at the main intersection, and waited for the street light to turn green. It finally turned green we started back on our way to the movie theater. As we started walking, what we saw and heard changed our lives. The blinding lights, the sound of the screeching tires, and the sound of the others screaming, scared us out of our minds.
Someone pushed me out of the way, after I finally hit the ground the pain in my wrist felt like fire on my bones. When I looked up everything was blurry at first, the sounds were there but it felt like they were only whispers. Looking up everything came into clear view when I saw it; a man hovering over a body covered in blood, the body was limp, and lifeless. Looking closer I saw blonde hair that was so familiar, covered in blood.
~flashback~
The dumb-ass said it was our fault, he lost his court case, and all I want back is my mom, my best friend. The only mom I know that gets my personality, my clothes, and my music. The person that would dance with me in the kitchen, while singing off tune that was my mother. Now she is gone and will never come back.
I have cried so much my face is numb from all of it, if I cry anymore I won’t feel it.
The pain in my broken wrist is gone, but all that is left is the numb feeling that I have throughout my whole body. Nothing can hurt my more than this, cliché I know but when you feel this pain you will understand. I will move on eventually, but she will always be there. I may get new pictures on my wall, but hers will always be there.
With one last look at her, I turn away, unable to look anymore. This is the last time I will ever see her again. Now I am keeping my head high for mom, she wouldn’t want me crying over her.
Now I have to worry about the little problem I have on living arrangements. I know my best friend Jordan wants me to move in with her. Even though she is a small, brown eyed, pale brunette, but there is still no room for me. But I am not going to tell her face-to-face she is a demon when she is mad. I don’t know any other family since my dad left my mom since before I was born and her parents kicked her out. I guess I am going to have to work more shifts up at the Diner and take another paper route. I am sixteen years old I can take care of myself, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay message me and tell me what you think pretty please.