There Was No Living Creature as Foul as I

Rhys

(Rhys)

Gavin wasn't taking this well at all. He was completely stressed out by everything that was going on. Elaine and Matthew's relationship was on the rocks. Nat and Bob had been angrier than ever and were currently talking to no one. Amanda and Snoz had decided to break off their engagement until a happier time. Ian, according to Elaine, was no longer eating. And Sean was sitting in a hospital showing no signs of waking up.

All of this was stressing our relationship as well, it was bad enough that I'd moved over into the guest room of my own apartment because I was in no mood to deal with him at night. I wasn't sure if he'd even noticed because he'd not said a thing to me about it! I planned to confront him about it too, "Do you care about us anymore?" I asked him angrily one morning as he headed toward the front door, "Because it sure doesn't seem like it." I stormed off before he even had the chance to say anything back to me.

I knew that if he cared he'd come chase me down. And that's exactly what he didn't do. Instead he continued out the front door and when to do whatever it was that he'd planned to do. I hoped that his car ran out of petrol. I wouldn't be the one going to get him!

A little while later I received a text message that I had originally planned to delete and have nothing to do with but in the, end I decided to check it:
Baby. I'm sorry about earlier. I do care about us, I promise you that I do. I'm trying to make sure that everyone else is okay too. I had no idea that it was tearing us apart.

I didn't bother to respond I wanted him to know how he had made me feel. How the two weeks of him not talking to me and not staying home long enough for me to try and talk to him had made me feel. In a sick way I almost wanted him to suffer because he'd hurt me so badly.

When I finally got the courage to respond to the message I'm sure the answer was one that he wouldn't have wanted:
We're over.

My head dropped and my mobile hit the floor the second I pressed send. I'd ended the only real relationship I'd ever been in. It had to be done though, I wasn't happy anymore. I was completely and utterly miserable in the relationship. For a week and a half I'd cried myself to sleep every night because of how sour things had turned.

I wasn't sure if it was because of Sean and Gavin or just Gavin, but either way it was in my best interest to break it off with Gav. I didn't have any idea how it would affect the band though. Not that it really mattered with one of our singers near dead. Had Sean been awake (none of this would have happened) I would have been able to go talk to him and ask what he thought I should do about my relationship.

I stayed in my house for what seemed like hours, not moving until my doorbell rang. I opened the door to find Amanda, "Hey Rhys." She sent a tiny little smile at me, "I'm not sure you made the right choice."

"Has he already gotten to you?"

"He's trying to keep everything together for everyone."

"Except us." I told her, "I want a happy relationship. And that's something Gavin can't give me anymore. I'm sick of crying."

"What do you mean you're sick of crying?"

"It doesn't matter. Gavin and I are over, and that's for the best."
♠ ♠ ♠
I quit my job so I should update more