Status: in the works

Make A Wish

Chapter

I swear I didn’t mean for this to happen.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy every single second.

I guess you need to hear the entire story, the story of a girl who was so scared to be an out-cast that she became the thing she despised. Well, sort of. Why don’t I just tell you what happened?

It all started at the picnic for the Fourth of July. My dad’s girlfriend dragged us to it, all six of us. My older brother, Michael, was at home though. Being a Big Bad Senior made him not have to come to these type of things.

“Do I have to Dad?” I complained as we piled into the minivan. Yes, we have so many children in both of our families that we got a minivan. An unsightly one at that, I feel ashamed whenever I get in it.

“Hannah, you know how Carly feels about these things.” My father sighed. He took off his glasses and rubbed them with his shirt, a habit that he got into after my mom threw the divorce papers at him. He does it when he feels uncomfortable.

“Why is our life all about Carly now?” My sister Grace said as her head was buried in her phone, she was two years older than me, but her image followed me everywhere. She was practically perfect in every way, and it’s always hard to live up to that image.

“Because Carly is important to me, and you two should treat her nicely.” I rolled my eyes, Dad and his ‘treatment’ speeches got annoying.

Just then, Carly pranced out of the house. Allie and Hallie, her twin daughters who were in my grade, pranced out with her. They took after their mom in every way possible. We’re talking hair color down to the way they talk. If they weren’t friends of mine, I’d be creeped out more than I already am.

They stepped in (all at the same time might I add) and we were off. The houses zoomed past us and then, within ten minutes, we were in the country. I looked like I was consumed by my iPod (hey, Green Day is pretty good), but I was really listening to the conversations.

“We’re here!” Carly squealed. Sometimes this woman concerned me, she was forty five and still acted like she was seventeen. I thought my Dad could do better. Guess not.

We piled out of the car, all six of us. And grabbed something to carry, the twins being the twins grabbed two of the same thing and ran off to find a spot to set it down. I grabbed three chairs and the small cooler and hiked to find the twins.

“Hallie?” I called. No one answered. “Allie? Where are y’all? This stuff isn’t getting any lighter!”
“Over here!” They said (in unison). It sounded close, that’s good news at least. I adjusted my chairs and plopped them down to where they placed the big blanket and some tiki lamps. It looked pretty cool actually.

I placed the chairs so that we would sit in a circle, but could still see the firework’s display. And I then placed the tiki torches around us so it looked like we were on a Hawaiian beach.

We ate sandwiches that Carly made (cumber sandwiches, my favorite!) before the show started. I felt like we were an actual family for a brief moment, like a split second, but a family nonetheless. We were normal. We laughed and joked around for what seemed like the first time since Mom left us for her old tennis coach. I actually felt a since of happiness.

“I need to use the restroom.” I blurted out. I didn’t wait for a response from my dad about manners and how I was in ‘public’ so I needed to be ‘polite.’ I walked towards the bathroom, and I bumped into someone.

“Oh my God! I am so sorry!” He smiled, though I was panicking. Just my luck. I just have to run into a hot guy. “I wasn’t looking where I was going, and…..I am sorry!”

“Don’t worry, it’s cool.” His green eyes sparkled in the light.

“You sure? I mean, I spilt your soda all over you. God, I am so klutzy.” I was babbling. And we both knew it.

“Yeah, totally. Hey, you wanna come and hang out with my friends and I?” His green eyes seemed to hypnotize me. I nodded while I felt a grin creep across my face.

We walked towards the open field. I saw a large group of teenagers standing around a large bonfire. Wasn’t that illegal? Who cares, it was Bad Ass and I liked it. But, being myself, I had to say, “Isn’t that illegal?”

Mystery boy chuckled, “Yeah, but no one really cares. The police have more ‘pressing’ matters to deal than a bunch of kids making bonfires in the middle of a field.”

“You have no idea how much sense you make.” I stated with a smile. Something about him just made me feel, perfect.

“It comes and goes.” He grinned. I inched closer to him. I rested my hand on top of his. A spark of electricity went through me.

I never acted like this with a guy before. If anything, I was anti showing affection with guys I barely know. But something told me that I was supposed to act like this with him. Like I was born to be with him. As if he wished for it.
“You’re really pretty you know that right?” He whispered into my ear. I felt my heartbeat getting faster.

“Sorry, I didn’t hear what you said.” I teased.

He handed me a box. “To make all your wishes come true.” His white teeth shone in the night. Huh, that’s weird. Aren’t those just sparklers? It’s not like any wish could come true.

“How do I use them?” I asked, wide eyed, but grinning as well.

“Like birthday candles, make a wish and blow. That’s how I met you. Come on, the show’s gonna end soon. Let’s get you to your family again.” He patted my hand. He gave me a card, his phone number, and we went hand and hand to my family. I told him goodbye and helped pack up the car.

You thought it was gonna be more destructive right? Well, it was sort of like that. I can only explain with more storyline.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Two Will Be out Shortly :)