Uncharted

When We Lived on the Dark Side of the Moon

Marcus sent me an owl saying that I’d need to be dressed to the T for dinner. I don’t think rich in the Muggle World do this, but, then again, the Malfoy’s consider themselves royalty, not just wealthy. Regardless of the reasoning, I went ahead and got dressed in a red sweater-dress with gold bangles and two-inch gold heels. I was in the middle of my make-up when Marcus apparated into my room. I jumped up and squealed from shock. He laughed, but I quickly turned around and yelled, “I could have been in the nude!”

Marcus shrugged and folded his arms across his chest, “Too bad for me, then. We need to go—hurry up whatever you’re doing.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I sat back down at my small desk with my make-up on it. I finished up my other eye and said, “I just need to do my lips now—”

“Why? We’re just eating.”

“No talking?”

“No—”

“Then to leave my mark when I smooch you up.”

Marcus laughed due to my absurdity.

I quickly lined my lips and patted on some lipstick and gloss. Once I did the mandatory toilet paper-kiss to smooth out my lips, I grabbed my trunk and held out my hand to Marcus; he grabbed it and we apparated to the Malfoy Manor. House Elves took my trunk up to a guest room for me while Marcus led me to a huge dinning hall. I quickly rolled my lips into my mouth and back out to their normal state when I saw how very large the dinning table and hall was. Who I assume to be Draco’s father sat at one head while a thin, tall blonde woman sat to his right with Draco to her right; Marcus’ parents filled the remainder of that side of the table; two chairs were pulled out for Marcus and I, so he led me to them and we silently took our places. House Elves quietly stood around, which is probably while the table is hundred percent bare of any plates or cups or anything else—would they bring us our things?

I quietly gulped and looked at the hard faces around the table to stop at a translucent looking young man at the other head of the table. I blinked, trying to get a better look at him, but it wasn’t my eyes—he really was just barely there.

The mirage–like man smirked and said, “It’s a long story.”

The others at the table, including Marcus and Draco, chuckled.

The Mirage looked at me with a twisted sort of smirk and said, “I’ve been informed of your powers, and I want them.”

I choked a bit on my spit. “Wha—?”

“I can’t harness them—I’m still trying to harness a body. But now that you’re tired to the Flint’s, you’ll have to participate.”

“Uhm…” I rolled my bottom jaw around, “I… uh… I’m a muggle born, you see, so I really should just try to switch our proper halves back—”

The Mirage looked at Draco’s father, who proceeded to shoot Fiend Fire across the large table toward Marcus. Marcus scooted his chair back from the shock and fear – which is useless since we’re talking about FIEND FIRE – but the adrenaline in my body pumped through all my veins and somehow let me produce a blast of water, which I pushed full-force at the Friend Fire, effectively extinguishing it, though it did violently sizzle and explode upward before changing into smoke and dissipating in the air nearest the ceiling.

I heaved out a breath and fell to the side and off of my chair.

Marcus quickly looked at the remaining faces at the table with wide, shocked eyes and shouted, “I thought the plan was the fire to go to Draco!”

The Mirage tsked him, “She wouldn’t react to saving Draco. Her powers aren’t honed in as they need to be.”

Marcus shook his head in disbelief and got up to help me back into my seat, but I couldn’t maintain enough balance to sit, so he pushed our chairs together, magically made them a bench and held me to his side as my soft panting subsided. The Mirage’s smirk twisted up again.

“Dumbledore can continue to train her. There’s a lot of potential here.”

“Oh…” I wheezed, “That’s good to hear.” I giggled and tried to stand up, but I just fell off the side of the bench. I didn’t even feel the pain of the fall; the cold granite of the floor felt good against my hot face. Marcus got up again and lugged the dead wait of my body up and back onto the bench. Marcus looked across the table and asked,

“What’s wrong with her?”

A chair squeaked backward and someone walked to us. The Mirage’s shoes fuzzed in and out of focus; suddenly, the cold water produced from a wand splashed my face at full power. I gasped and choked a bit, but ultimately, I felt better.

“Good, good,” The Mirage sighed. He grabbed my neck with both of his hands; we both started to shake; he grinned with wide eyes while I screamed from a new found pain. When he finally let go of me, his body seemed to have more substance than before. He turned and grinned at Draco’s dad and said, “Get my diary back from the Weasley girl and give it to her here.” He pointed at me, “This is much faster.”

I slumped back against Marcus.

The Mirage took a wand from Draco’s dad and splashed me with water again.

I gasped from the relief.

“What’s happening?” Draco hurriedly and quietly asked. “Is she immortal or something?”

The Mirage looked at him with happy, wild eyes. “No, but she generates energy at an amazing pace.” The Mirage looked back at me, “As much as you’ve learned, you need to be taught more. You will have Dumbledore train you on everything. You will open my diary once a week and feed me some of your energy.”

I gulped.

He bent at the waist and leveled his face mere inches away from mine. “I was just going to steal Ginny’s life, but you can just give me one.” He laughed, “That’s amazing!” He laughed more then grabbed my face, sucking more out of me, while whispering, “It’s good that you’re tied to Marcus—you’ll need to be around for a while.”

Marcus slapped away the Mirage’s hand. “You’ll kill her!”

The Mirage slapped Marcus across the face. Although he’s not fully formed, he can still make contact, and it sounded like it hurt, but Marcus wouldn’t give him a response. The Mirage sighed as his face relaxed into a serious set, “That’s true. I can’t drain her,” He looked down at me again while standing up straight, “but you will do as I say. Once a week. Don’t ever skip a week.”

I weakly nodded, struggling to keep my eyes open and my head from wobbling every which way.

“Good,” he sighed then whipped out a wand again, but this time, he cut up Marcus, who screamed from the sudden pain and squeezed me almost in half.

I grasped Marcus’ forearms with all my strength while his blood started to seep into the fabric of my dress; I tried to quick start his healing with my energy, but he shook my hands off of him and coughed out, “Don’t. You can’t.”

The Mirage slowly dissipated; Marcus’ father waited until the Mirage was completely gone to grab at his wand and heal his son. Marcus then took a moment to breathe, but then splashed me with water from his wand. I immediately rolled up and off of the bench when my body was hydrated again. I swung my right arm from my chest to all the way out to my side, blowing back Marcus’ parents. I screamed, “YOU SICK COWARDS!” I grabbed a wand to produce a bit of water, which I multiplied without draining myself and used it as a wall of water to slam Draco’s’ parents into a different wall. “I WON’T BE PART OF THIS!” I screeched; Draco hid under the table while my rage manifested into the different elements, but Marcus wrapped his arms around me and squeezed my arms back down to my sides—such didn’t immobilize me, but his touch brought me back to my senses. I calmed down and looked at Draco and Marcus’ parents. I sighed and then said, “Waiting until a man who doesn’t even really exist yet to leave to save your son? Pathetic.”

“What do you know?” Marcus’ dad spat at me while slowly rising to his feet, “Mudblood—”

“And yet I’m of more worth to your precious leader than you could ever be!” I screeched and made the floor underneath them collapse into the dungeons. They were okay, but most definitely scared. I turned, grabbed Marcus’ hand and said, “We’re grabbing my things and you’re taking me back home.”

He just nodded.

“I can’t believe you’d set me up for this.” I yanked him over toward the door.

“It was mostly Draco’s doing to get you here—”

“You knew!” I screeched and pushed him in the chest, but he didn’t really budge. “And now we’re eternally bonded to some thing, some guy who isn’t even actually real yet but he can control our lives?”

Marcus cracked the smallest of a smile and shrugged, “Funny how the wizarding world works, huh?”

I screamed out my rage for a second before grunting, sighing and whispering, “I’m not doing this. I’ll find a way. For both of us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
All comments/reviews are appreciated. :)