Uncharted

Grab Your Wings, We're Putting Gravity on Trial

The school gossip goes back and forth between Harry being the heir of Slytherin, and then the “budding romance” between that troll and me. I don’t care much about what people say about Marcus, me, or the both of us, but Harry being the suppose heir makes me laugh like crazy. Wouldn’t he have been sorted into Slytherin if he were the heir?

Idiots.

Snape’s pretty pissed about me aiding the Gryffindor team, so he assigned me detention. At least this is my last night, though. It’s with Harry and that Draco kid though. It’s going to feel like it lasts forever.

I’m wearing Marcus’ Slytherin Quidditch Captain sweater, which is nice. I still don’t dig him. Leave that alone. His soul makes me cold inside.

Not like he’s evil, don’t get the wrong idea.

He’s just… cold. He’s distant. He’s a hermit. And his soul reflects that. I’m not really that open, but he said that my soul makes him feel warmer inside. Warm enough to not constantly need his sweat. I’m cold enough to need an extra layer in this cold November month.

I sloppily pinned up my dark curls all over my head; the whomping willow that is my hair refused to allow hair ties or pins to place it all in once general area tonight. I wrapped a silver, paisley printed scarf around my neck so many times that the excess fabric was easily tucked into the rest of the scarf. Marcus’ sweater is too large for me, but I’m wearing a thermal shirt under my actual shirt, so it’s not too loose with the double layers. My dark, pegged jeans are way too tight to let any air in or out, and my somewhat itchy, wool socks inside my black boots that make my feet feel like they’re a pixie’s keep me warm, too.

Draco lingered in the common room to walk with me down to Hagrid’s hut, but I didn’t listen to him as we walked down. He blabbered away about how great he is until I asked him what exactly he has accomplished in the last twelve years. He tried to boast about being the Slytherin Seeker, but then realized that he one, didn’t earn it, and two, stole it from me.

The rest of our walk was silent, probably awkwardly for him, but perfect for me.

Hagrid took his ugly, yet oh-so loveable dog with him to actually investigate the woods and assigned me Harry and Draco to troll around the supposed safe areas. I wanted to ask why in the world we’re exploring this nonsense at the dead of night, but hey, if Malfoy poops his pants from fear, he’ll probably stop trying to talk with me.

So I crossed my arms against my chest, slid my hands under my pits, and started walking around. Harry and Draco bickered back and forth, but followed me anyway. Harry eventually abandoned Draco and started to walk in step with me. I smiled down at him while he looked up at me and said, “Thanks for saving me back in the duel.”

I nodded, “I doubt the history books would take too kindly to the girl who let the savior of wizardry die. On a dinner table, no less.”

Harry laughed then blushed. He shrugged, “I don’t see how I’ll ever even be faced with Voldemort. I mean, he’s just a… ghost, really.”

Draco wrinkled his face up, but didn’t say anything.

I ignored Draco and replied to Harry, “I don’t care what Trenny says, the future is always changing. You might not have to do anything, Harry, or you might have to full out battle him.” I looked down at the fear of the future on his face. I stopped walking and put my hands on his shoulders. “Harry, you have some of the world’s best wizards and witches, most loyal friends, smartest professors, all sorts of others behind you. It doesn’t matter what the worst-case scenario is, because you’ll never be alone in it. You will always have these people.”

Harry smiled.

I hugged him.

Draco made the sound of vomit.

Harry and I ignored him and continued walking circles until he ‘felt’ something terrible.

Draco sighed and said, “Then we shouldn’t go looking for it, Potter. Honestly, how stupid can you be?”

I nodded, “We should walk the other way, Harry.”

Harry continued walking in a straight line, deeper into the forest. “If something’s hurt, we can’t just leave it!”

I sighed and walked after him, “Harry, who will come for us if we are hurt? No one.”

“Hagrid!” He looked at me like I’m retarded.

“Harry!” I shouted, “Harry! You listen to me!”

Draco pulled on my right hand and said, “Let him go. We can wait here—”
I sighed angrily and said, “Take out your wand and head back for Hagrid’s hut. Don’t take any detours. Go straight there.”

Draco sighed and rolled his eyes, but he did what I said. I took off running for Harry since I’m a good five minutes behind him at this point; I got there in time to completely miss the centaur’s message and watch him get shot by some wicked spell. I jumped in front of Harry and drew my wand. The hooded figure cocked his head at me instead of drawing his wand.

My heart is about to slam its way out of my chest.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod.

The unicorn’s blood dripped from the mouth of the figure as it started to walk toward me. Harry fumbled with his wand, but I pushed him back a few feet after slamming my wand into his hand. I went into a slight squat, flexed my arms inward, and focused on the Earth. The ground started to shake, gently at first, but it quickly escaladed into a violent thrusting about. The figure fought hard to keep its balance, but it didn’t matter much since I started to blast strong gusts of wind at him. Harry ran backwards while I shook the Earth and disturbed the natural flow of the air. A huge branch eventually fell off from all the turbulence, so I sent it at the figure; it pinned him down.

I think I might have peed my pants if I wasn’t so dehydrated from the fear. That, that thing was makin’ a B-line for Harry. It was like a vampire to that unicorn. If you can kill a unicorn, the life of a young boy, the savior of wizardry, really, probably doesn’t hold a lot of hesitation. So Harry and I booked it, screaming louder and more frantically than if we were being eaten alive by those stupid giant spiders. I wish we had run into one of those instead. At least I know I could blow that thing way the hell away from me.

I literally ran into Hagrid while Harry ran into his hut. Hagrid held me by the shoulders while I violently cried from the overload of emotions. He rushed me into his hut; Harry was too preoccupied with his confusion and fear to pay any attention to Draco’s prodding. I rushed out everything to Hagrid, who in turn rushed the three of us back up to the castle. Instead of asking Marcus while he was trolling the halls – probably because he is a troll – Hagrid told him to take Draco straight back to the Slytherin House while Harry and I went up to Dumbledore’s office. He consoled Harry and told him to come back to his office after dinner tomorrow; growing boys need their sleep.

I collapsed in his strangely comfortable, wood chair across from his desk. I slid down until the base of my skull rested on the top of the chair and my limps are flopped about. Dumbledore smiled and said, “You were very brave tonight, Amena.”

I nodded while staring up at the ceiling.

He folded his hands and placed them on the desk, his thumbs twiddling around. “You very well saved Harry’s life tonight.” Then he chuckled and added, “Again.”

I laughed and said, “God forbid what will happen to him once I leave at the end of the year.”

Dumbledore laughed with me then said, “He has two of the best friends possible. I’m sure they’ll all protect each other.”

I smiled and nodded, but still stared up at the ceiling.

Dumbledore drew in a deep breath, quietly cleaned his crescent moon glasses, and then told me, “It seems that this year is going to quite eventful for you.”

I laughed again, “I wouldn’t want anything less, Headmaster.”

He nodded and then told me to come back when I am in need of guidance.

I mumbled a thanks while leaving his office. I sprinted for the Slytherin common room as soon as I passed his closed door, but ran smack dab into Marcus. I stared up at him while panting from my adrenaline rush.

Marcus rolled his eyes, “You’re pretty shaken up.”

I shrugged, “Draco tell you that?”

He rolled his shoulder two times before sighing and quietly replying, “I could feel it.”

A somewhat crooked smile stretched my lips. I walked back into his chest, but this time I loosely wrapped my arms around his waist.

He awkwardly hugged me back. “I didn’t come back here for you—”

“Yeah, yeah.” I sighed, “My half was just keeping you awake. Whatever. Just walk me back.” I took a step back from him, but then scooted close to him as we walked away. “Just stay close.”

Marcus kept his mouth closed, but he still laughed at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized that I meshed book 1 and book 2 in this chapter. FUUUUH. Whatever, I'll make something read-worthy out of this mistake. :P

I'm so excited about this story. Especially since I saw the midnight premier last night. I'm sad that all the movies are over... but hey, I can buy it in a few months and have an all night movie marathon that will probably extend into noon the next day. XD I wish I had time to reread the series. School, working, and reading other books that I've been putting off get in the way. Like that novel I should really start reading for school. XD Anyway, COMMENT! :D

Arie Vixen: I'm glad you liked chapter five! Hopefully this chapter pleased you, too. :D

MeowCatz: Thanks so much for the comment! I love comments. It makes writing on here worth it. :)