Uncharted

And I've Known You All My Life, but I Knew You Long Before that Too

I usually would have lied awake all night, staring up at the dark ceiling, eternally freaking out, but Lilly somehow knew about a party in the Room of Requirements. How she even knows how to get there is a mystery to me, and why it’s on a Thursday is another mystery, but I decided to attend anyway.

I also decided to leave early.

I forgot how much I hate liquor.

So, at nine o’clock, I started to walk back down to the dungeons. However, not sober. I hate liquor a lot, but I don’t remember that until I’m already drinking. Which is really too bad, because I was hoping to spend the night thinking up project ideas for History of Magic. He assigned each house, but only their Seventh Years, to work together to present, in one month’s time, a musical performance about, what is, in our opinion, the most important part of history that we’ve learned during our time in Hogwarts. It’s not that my fellows Slytherins aren’t creative or anything. They’re actually very creative and hard working, we just can’t come to a comfortable compromise; a very good idea is the only thing that will unite us in time. It is, however, very difficult to come up with an actual genius thought while tipsy.

I angrily sighed when I realized I took the wrong staircase. I trolled the castle for another half an hour before someone grabbed my shoulders from behind me. I squeaked from fear while my whole body stiffened, but I relaxed as soon as I heard Marcus say, “You’re such a baby.”

I rolled my eyes and slapped his hands off of my shoulder. I carefully turned – as to not fall – to face him, “You mean a babe? Thanks.” I smiled with obvious exaggeration. He rolled his eyes and slid his warm hands into the pockets of his dark, rather baggy jeans. I smirked after eying him, “Aren’t jeans for muggles?”

“Who do you think invented such durable material?”

I crossed my arms against my chest and scoffed, “You immortal now?”

He sighed again, “Whatever.”

I drew in a deep breath and looked up at him. His hair was slightly wind blown, his lashes long, his brows super thick, but a perfect shape, his cheek bones somewhat high, his jaw defined and masculine, but his teeth… They’ve changed. He started to talk again, but then I poked my index fingers and thumbs into his cheeks so that I could easily see his teeth. He raised a brow curiously, so I mumbled, “Your teeth are different.”

He blushed lightly, put his hands on mine, and slowly lowered them from his face before mumbling; “I was trying to train Draco a bit not too long ago.”
“Is that why your hair is so wind swept?”

“What?” He looked up, as if he would be able to see his hair, “Yea, I s’ppose so.”

I just looked up at him, a part of me hoping he wouldn’t think to let go of my hands. “Trying to make a seeker out of him?”

He sighed and shrugged, “He lost control of his broom and ended up knocking out my front teeth.”

I stifled a combination of a giggle and a scoff, “Is that so?”

Marcus rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want, but I went back to Madame P and she set me up with some teeth growth and then shrinkage.”

I laughed a bit, “Did she think that the potion messed up the rest of your teeth?”

He sneered at me, “Hardy har har.”

I just looked at him with a crooked grin on my face.

He sighed and whispered quickly, “Yeah, but not the point.”

I laughed and leaned into him and rested my left cheek against the middle of his chest, our fingers still loosely intertwined. I just stood there for a few minutes, wondering why exactly we were even talking, but it felt great to be close to my soul, so I snuggled into him and yawned. He let go of my hands and loosely held me to him. I smiled and asked, “Carry me back to the common room?”

Marcus laughed at me, “Why?”

I yawned, “Because I’m tired and tipsy.”

He rolled his eyes, “The common room? Leave you for Malfoy to try and steal a feel?”

I laughed, “Then hang out near me so I’m safe.”

Marcus let go of me and said, “Wouldn’t it be best to get you back to your room?”

I shrugged and looked up at him with tired eyes, “Boys can’t make it into the girls dorms, and I have no intention of walking.” Marcus laughed and told me he’d give me a piggyback ride. I immediately shouted with glee and jumped onto his back. He walked at a comfortable pace back to the Slytherin area; I rested against him and trusted him to hold me up since I was only loosely hugging him. He unceremoniously plopped me down on one of the love seats. I huffed before yawning. I stared at him as he lay down on a different couch near by and looked up at the ceiling. After I yawned I asked him, “What are you thinking about?”

He yawned and shrugged, “Nothing really.”

I looked at him with a little smile, “How do you always find me?”

He shrugged again and stayed silent for a while. Finally he sighed and said, “I just feel where you are.”

“I can’t feel where you are—”

“I can’t bend elements and whatnot—”

“Stop being so bitter—”

“Stop cutting me off—”

“I do what I want.”

He groaned and rolled his eyes. “That’s why you’re training Potter?”

“That,” I sighed with sudden exhaustion, “And he needs some guidance. It’s obvious he knows things that are important, but doesn’t realize it. He’s a good kid, a great person. And Dumbledore wants to give him snippets of knowledge, but only as he gets older. What if he doesn’t get older?”

“You worry too much.”

I sighed from frustration. “That doesn’t matter. Harry deserves to know—”

“Then tell him.”

I rolled my eyes, “How? Dumbledore would kill me if I disobeyed him and just told Harry everything I think and know.”

Marcus smirked.

“What?”

He just smirked some more.”

“Whaaat?”

He laughed.

I glared at him.

He sat up. “Lets organize the performance around an important fact. Maybe there’s something in history that relates to him. Isn’t he half pureblood? You can dig up something.”

I shrugged and nodded, “Perhaps. I’m training him more tomorrow afternoon. I’ll try to figure something out.”

Marcus laughed, “Training him with a hangover.”

“I won’t be hung over!” I shouted defensively.

Marcus laughed again and lay back down, “Whatever you say, Amena, whatever you say.”

I turned onto my side and faced the couch. He can be a jerk while I sleep. I don't even know why I was talking to him in the first place.