Status: New Story

Endless Love

- 01 -

I tried to control my breathing as the fasten seat belt sign came on.

"The captain has switched on the fasten seat belt sign. Everyone please take your seats. We will be landing in Seattle International in ten minutes." The stewardess said over the intercom.

I gripped the arms of my seat as I felt the plane start to shake.

"It sometimes helps if you take deep breaths." A deep voice said from next to me.

I turned to see a cute guy in his mid twenties looking down at me.

"What?" I stuttered.

"If you have a fear flying, it helps to close your eyes and take deep breaths." He repeatedly in a soothing voice.

I nodded and slowly closed my eyes.

I took in a deep breath and relaxed, laying my head back.

"See? Just relax. Why don't you try talking to me. Whats your name? Where you from? Where you headed?" He asked me.

"My names Eliza. What's yours?" I asked, keeping my eyes closed and focusing on my breathing.

"My names Reid. I'm from New Jersey and I'm on my way to Seattle. How about you?" He asked softly.

"I'm from New York. I've lived there my whole life. And I'm on my way to a little reservation called La Push." I said.

"From the Big Apple to a little city. What brought that change on, if you don't mind me asking." Reid said.

I opened my eyes and looked over at him.

He looked genuinely interested and I smiled slightly.

"I, um, got into a little, well a lot of trouble. I guess I'm lucky that I have parents that really care about what happens to me. They're sending me to go and spend some time with my cousin Sam." I said.

"They sound caring. Taking you out of a bad situation. What happened?" Reid asked.

"I was hanging with the wrong people. Got into trouble and they didn't have my back like I thought they would. So my parents sent me here so I could have a fresh start." I said.

"Is it working so far?" He asked me.

"Haven't been arrested yet so I suppose so." I said with a laugh.

Reid chuckled as well.

I looked over at him and smiled slightly.

"Thanks." I said softly.

"For what?" Reid asked.

"For helping me through this. I really get crazy when I'm in an airplane. I'd rather drive." I told him.

He smiled.

"Your welcome. I'm just glad I could help. Are you feeling better?" He asked me.

"Much. I just can't wait to land and see my cousin. I haven't seen him in years." I told Reid, an excited smile coming across my face.

"Tell me about him." Reid said.

"I used to visit him all the time when we were little. We would play hide and seek. Spend time at the beach. Play in the woods. It was so much fun. The summer always seemed to end so fast. And I never wanted to go back home." I said with a laugh.
"He sounds like a great cousin." Reid said.

"The best." I said.

Reid smiled and laid his head back against his head rest.

The plane started to shake as we got closer to the ground and I felt my breath start to come faster.

I felt a strong, warm hand close over mine.

I looked over at Reid and saw it was his hand holding mine.

"Remember to breath." Reid said softly.

I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes, concentrating on Reid's soothing voice.

Before I knew it we were on the ground and I could've cried from joy.

"Thank you Jesus." I yelled.

Everyone around us started to laugh and clap.

I looked down in embarrassment.

"Landed safetly." Reid laughed.

I laughed as well and we made small talk as we went to get our luggage.

"You know, we should hang out while your here." Reid suggested.

I smiled as I looked over at him.

"Yeah. That would be fun." I said.

"So you're gonna ditch me already?" A deep husky voice said from behind me.

I turned around quickly to see a huge dark skinned man standing with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

He was smirking and his eyebrow was cocked.

I heard Reid gulp loudly.

"Sam?" I asked in disbelief.

He nodded and smiled.

"I've grown up a bit since you saw me when I was 10." Sam said with a deep chuckle.

"No shit." I laughed as I stepped closer.

Sam swooped me up into to his arms and I squealed as he squeezed me tight.

"I've missed you." He said.

"I missed you too cuz." I said.

He set me down and held me at arms length so he could look at me.

"You've grown up too. Look at you. Absolutely beautiful." Sam grinned.

"Thanks." I smiled.

I saw two guys behind Sam and they were grinning at me.

"Did you bring friends?" I asked him with a chuckle.

He laughed.

"That's Jake and Embry. Guys, this is my baby cousin Eliza." Sam introduced us.

I laughed as they both came forward and hugged me.

"What the hell are they feeding you guys up here. You're all huge!" I exclaimed.

The guys just laughed as they shared a secretive glance and I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Who the hell are you?" Jake asked as he looked over my shoulder.

I turned quickly and saw Reid.

I had totally forgotten he was here.

"Oh my gosh Reid. I'm sorry. This is my cousin Sam and his friends Jake and Embry. Guys, Reid was nice enough to help me out on the plane when I was freaking out." I explained to them.

Reid smiled but Sam was looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"How exactly did you help my baby cousin?" Sam asked in a hard voice.

I groaned as Reid gulped and stumbled over his words.

Jake and Embry were getting a real kick out of watching him try and explain himself.

I can tell this is going to be an exciting trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this story was a request from a loyal reader on Quizilla. Finally had the time to write so I thought I'd post it on here as well. Let me know what you think. It's not my usual story so let me know your thoughts on it :)