Status: New Story

Endless Love

-13-

Eliza's POV

I rolled over in my sleep, searching for the warmth that was surrounding me when I fell asleep.

I stretched my arm out, my eyes still closed.

I didn't feel Paul near me and my eyes shot open.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

"Paul?" I called out softly.

No answer.

"Paul?" I called again.

He still didn't answer.

I felt a sudden wave of aloneness and tried to ignore the feeling.

I don't need to be around Paul twenty-four seven.

I really don't.

I stood up and went to the bathroom, washing my face.

I heard someone knock on my door and I stuck my head out the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

I heard the door open and I went back to washing my face before starting to brush my teeth.

"Do you always walk around with no pants on?" I heard Emily laugh.

I chuckled too and rinsed my mouth.

I turned around and looked at Emily who was now sitting on my bed.

I walked over and grabbed my sweat pants that were about three sizes too big.

I slipped them over my boy short panties and then turned to Emily.

"Better?" I asked.

She grinned and I started to smile.

"Much. You're beautiful honey. But I don't swing that way and Sam would have a heart attack if he saw you in just your panties." Emily laughed.

I chuckled and nodded, knowing she was right.

"Now I'm sure Paul would love it. But he's a different story." She said.

I laughed but then it cut short.

"Does it ever stop?" I asked her.

She looked confused.

Hell, I'm confused myself.

"Does what ever stop?" She asked.

"This longing. The need to be around him every goddamn second of the day." I grumbled.

Emily looked at me and a look of understanding passed over her face.

"Imprinting is something that we still don't know much about. It was just a legend. A myth. We never thought it actually happened in Quilete tribes. But when Sam imprinted, and then Quil, and then Paul. Well, we're not so sure anymore what is legend and what's real." Emily said.

I leaned against my head board, listening to every word she was saying.

"But to answer your question, no. I don't think that longing ever eases up. It's never gonna be enough. You'll always want more. Always miss them when they're gone. Even long for them when you have them. And that's love. Imprinting just intensifies it. Because you have your soul mate. And there's no one else you'll ever want." Emily murmured.

She looked up at me.

"At least that's how it is for me." She said.

I stared down at my hands and twisted my fingers.

"It's just scary, you know. Because I've known Paul for like five seconds, and I already know I can't live without him. Being away from him, leaves me feeling anxious and on edge. And that's what freaks me out more than anything. Because I've never felt this way before. I've never felt this, need, for anyone before. And if something were to go wrong, if something happened to Paul, it would absolutely break me." I whispered.

I felt Emily's hands clenching mine as she came and sat next to me.

"Nothing is going to happen. You and Paul are going to have a long and happy life. You'll fight, disagree, but you'll always work it out. You're meant to be together. Forever and always. So don't talk like something is going to happen. Because it's not. So don't worry about the what ifs, and enjoy what you have." Emily said.

I smiled and looked up at her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Thanks Em." I said.

She ran her hand up and down my back.

"Anytime honey." She said.

I don't know how long we sat there just talking and getting to know each other more.

It must've been a few hours when I heard some heavy footsteps down the hall.

I looked up quickly and saw Sam pop his head in through the door way.

"There you two are." He said with a huge grin.

"You found us." I said.

He smiled and walked further in, coming to give me a kiss on the forehead and then pressing a loving kiss on Emily.

After a moment he pulled away and ran his lips down her scarred cheek, placing a kiss on each mark.

I turned away, trying to give them as much privacy as I could even though I was sitting less than six inches from them.

"How was your day?" Emily asked.

Sam sighed and I could tell something was wrong.

"Just the usual. Gonna be running extra rounds though." He said.

Emily sighed deeply.

"You guys are being careful, right?" She asked.

"Always baby." Sam murmured, pressing another kiss to her forehead.

I didn't want to intrude so I stood up quietly and made my way out of my room.

I went down to the kitchen to look for some food.

My stomach was grumbling and practically begging to be fed.

I searched through the cupboards and found Pop-Tarts.

"Haaaaaaaaallelujah!" I sang happily.

I ripped the packaging open and started eating it quickly.

I was a lot hungrier than I thought.

I had eaten three packages of Pop-Tarts before I heard footsteps.

Sam and Emily came around the corner, hand in hand, and huge smiles on their faces.

I could feel the love practically radiating off them and it made me so happy to see.

But it also made me miss Paul even more.

"So, what are patrols? What exactly are you guys patrolling?" I asked curiously.

Sam looked at Emily and she nodded.

"She needs to know this stuff." She encouraged.

"Yeah but maybe Paul should be the one explaining this." He suggested.

Emily just looked at him.

He sighed and pulled her over to the kitchen table, sitting across from me.

"When we're out on patrol, we're basically just running along the treaty lines and borders of the reservation to make sure everything is okay. Make sure nothing is out of the ordinary. Make sure no vampires have crossed into our territory." Sam said.

"And if one does?" I asked.

Sam just looked at me.

And I got the picture.

"Do you guys always do this? Even though you know the Cullens won't pass the treaty line without permission?" I asked.

"We don't know---" I didn't even let him finish.

"You do know. You just won't admit it." I said.

He rolled his eyes.

"We've been doing it a lot more lately." Sam mumbled.

"And why is that? Is something going on with the Cullens?" I asked, my heart starting to beat a little faster.

"The Cullens aren't the only vampires out there." Sam said.

My eyes widened.

"There are other vampires out there crazy enough to cross into the reservation when they know you guys are here?" I asked in bewilderment.

Sam smiled.

"Only one is crazy enough." Sam said, a dark look in his eye.

Emily reached over and squeezed Sam's hand.

I stayed quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"Has Paul told you about Victoria?" Sam asked me.