Status: New Story

Endless Love

-14-

I was quiet for a long time after Sam finished explaining everything to me.

It's a lot to process.

And it makes it even harder because my family is involved.

I could feel Emily and Sam staring at me, trying to figure out how I would react.

I stood up slowly and went around the table and hugged them both tightly.

"Thank you for telling me." I murmured in his ear.

He nodded and I turned around, heading towards my bedroom.

I went straight to bed and laid down, nudging my face in the pillow Paul had used last night.

And with that, I fell right to sleep.

Paul's POV

Man.

It has been such a long night.

Rounds suck to begin with.

But we've been going out every night and we're coming up empty.

We're working ourselves to the bone for no goddamn reason.

Well, there is a reason.

But not lately.

I get what Sam is saying.

If we fall into the routine of not doing rounds, shit will start to slip through the cracks.

People could get hurt.

Eliza could get hurt.

I felt a cold hand of fear squeeze over my heart at the thought, and then the anger came.

The overwhelming feeling to protect what's mine.

I'd do anything to keep my pack and Eliza safe.

Anything.

Evening if that means being out til 4 am running in circles.

I miss her like crazy.

Feels like I haven't seen her in weeks even though it's only been less than a day.

I stared at up at her window.

She'd left her window cracked just like I thought she would.

I smiled and climbed up the tree, swinging on the branch before swinging myself to the window sill.

I opened it quietly, not wanting to wake Eliza up.

I saw her laying there peacefully.

Her covers were wrapped around her legs and her arm was over her eyes.

I sighed at the feeling of peace that flowed through me at seeing her.

I took in a deep breath and sighed again.

If any of the guys would've told me a week ago that I'd have an imprint that was related to my Alpha, and I'd be head over heels in love with her, believe me I would've told them to fuck off.

But as I look down at her, I know I wouldn't be able to live a single day without her now that she's here with me.

Not one single day.

Even when I do rounds and I'm dead tired and can only think of sleep, I still come to Sam's.

I'll lay with Eliza for a few hours and leave before she wakes up to do rounds all over again.

It's not nearly enough time.

For me or for her.

She clutches me in her sleep, snuggling as close to me as she can get.

She's really handled this werewolf-imprint-vampires-world's not black and white bullshit really well.

I know I wouldn't have handled it as well.

I moved to lay next to her, but Eliza's arm moved and she sat up.

"Whoa, babe. What are you doing awake?" I asked her, completely surprised.

"Waiting for you. " She said.

The tone of her voice set me on edge.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked at me and her eyes had an emotion I just couldn't place.

I went and sat next to her.

My hands went up and cupped her face, making her look at me.

"Baby, please talk to me." I said.

"When were you gonna tell me?" She said softly.

I was confused.

Utterly confused.

What didn't I tell her?

"Babe, I don't understand." I told her honestly.

"When were you gonna tell me about all of the risks you've been taking?" She said, her voice raising slightly.

"Risks?" I repeated.

"When were you going to tell me that you and the guys were protecting the whole goddamn reservation. That you're out there every day protecting us from vampires. That you could get hurt and I could lose you forever! When were you gonna tell me that!?" She yelled hysterically.

My eyes widened when I saw her eyes fill with tears.

"Babe please---," I tried to explain.

"Don't you try and calm me down, Paul. Don't. You kept all of this from me. All of it! I'm your imprint! Did you think I didn't have a right to know?" Eliza yelled.

I cringed at the anger in her voice.

"Eliza I didn't mean---," I said.

"But you did. You chose not to tell me. What would I do if one day Sam comes home and tells me I'm never gonna see you again?" She just completely broke down.

I felt my heart start to break at the sight of her tears.

I can't take this anymore.

I pulled her into my arms, circling them tight around her and sitting her in my lap.

I cradled her back and forth, trying to stop her sobs.

"I'm sorry baby. I should've told you. I'm so sorry that I didn't. I won't keep anything from you again. I promise." I told her.

And I really meant it.

Eliza's pain is too high a price.

I won't keep something from her anymore just because I thought it would protect her.

She means too much to me.