Status: New Story

Endless Love

- 15 -

Eliza's POV

It's been a few weeks since me and Paul's really big fight.

And since then, he's been keeping me in the loop.

He told me everything about this vampire they're trying to keep the reservation safe from.

Victoria.

Apparently, the Cullens had a run in with her a few months back around the time I got here.

I don't even know her and I don't like her.

She's caused everyone so much pain.

She tried to kill Bella.

She started some major shit on both sides of the treaty line.

She is a problem that needs to be dealt with.

By any means necessary.

And I don't like that she's putting people I care about, in danger.

I huffed loudly, bored out of my mind.

I heard the front door open and I turned to see Leah.

I haven't seen much of her since I've been here.

She's been keeping her distance and I'm not sure why.

I haven't done anything to her.

"Hey Leah." I said, trying to be friendly.

She looked up at me, eyes hard and narrowed, before nodding her head.

"Hi. Where is everyone?" She said in a brisk tone.

"No one'e here. It's just you and me. So what's your deal? Why don't you like me?" I asked her.

She stayed quiet and just looked at me.

And then a small smile went across her face.

"I should've known that the woman Paul imprinted on would be just as upfront as him." She said with a higher smile.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"That's me. Miss Upfront. Now tell me, please." I asked.

She came and sat on the couch across from me.

"It's not that I don't like you. I actually think we'd be good friends, going off on everything the guys have been saying about you. But, I don't like that you hang out with Bella and the other blood suckers." She said.

I nodded, understanding why she would have a problem with it.

"Well Leah, technically I've only hung out with one vampire. Edward. But I don't see a vampire when I look at him. I see a guy, in love with his girl and a really great guy. I understand why you may be upset for me being friends with them. I mean, if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have turned." I said.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

"How do you know that?" Leah asked.

"Paul told me. And I'm so sorry that you have to go through everyday, being a wolf and having to hear the thoughts of the man you still love. It's not fair. And you didn't do anything to deserve it. And I'm so sorry, that the option to have children was taken from you. That is a cruel, cruel price to pay for being what you are. But you never know. That could also be a myth. I mean look around, half of your pack have imprinted, and that's supposed to be a myth too. So don't give up. This isn't the end of the road. You still have a long life ahead of you." I told her.

She was quiet for a long time.

And when I looked at her, there were tears in her eyes.

"You know about Sam?" She asked quietly.

I nodded slowly.

"God I'm embarrassed." She said, covering her face with her hands.

"You shouldn't be. You are so strong for staying here and going through that everyday. Most people wouldn't. I know I wouldn't. I couldn't." I said honestly.

She looked at me for a minute and then smiled.

"Thank you." She said after a moment.

She wiped at the tears and smiled fully.

"For what?" I asked her.

"For taking the time to get to know me. Most people don't. I scare them." She said.

I chuckled and sat back.

"You can be a vicious bitch. But with the luck you've been dealt, I'm surprised you're not worse off. I know you are in a lot of pain." I told her.

She was quiet for another minute and then she sighed.

"I can't stand Paul sometimes. But you're good for him. You don't take any crap and you'll keep him in line. I think we're gonna be good friends." She said.

I grinned widely.

"That's all I want. I can only imagine what its like having the guys in your head all the time." I said with a laugh.

"Yeah its definitely not a walk in the park. But I deal." She said.

"Im so glad that we're gonna be friends." I told her with a smile.

"Me too. But I'm not going to be nice to the Cullen's." She said quickly.

"You guys are all fighting for the same thing." I told her reasonably.

"Them and Bella are the reason they're back. I can't do it Eliza. I wont talk bad about them, but I'm not going to be friends with them." She said firmly.

"Okay. Fair enough. Why don't we have a movie night?" I suggested.

"The last movie night I had was with Emily." She said quietly.

"This time will be better. The worst has already happened to you." I told her.

There was a moment of silence and then she stood up.

"Want popcorn?" She asked, walking over to the kitchen.

I grinned widely and nodded.

"Popcorn with lots of butter." I said.

She smiled.

"Pick a scary one." Leah said.

"You just read my mind." I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image