Skipping Heartbeats

Next Time You Point Your Finger.

Abby was at her house when Johnnie arrived. Her father wasn’t there and the only way he was able to get inside was the spare key he dug out from under the flower pot on the porch. Closing the door and locking it behind him, Johnnie walked to Abby’s room.

Opening the bedroom door, he was met with her pale pink walls and the hundreds of photographs lining the borders of her window, her mirror and just randomly placed around the room. Taking a deep breath, he stared over at Abigail on her bed.

She was asleep from what he could tell and he could see tears marks staining her cheeks. Johnnie walked over to the bed and sat down next to her. Carefully grasping her head, he placed it in his lap and smoothed her hair back.

Abigail opened her eyes and stared at Johnnie who stared back worriedly. She whispered hi before turning her face so he couldn’t see it.

“Abby? How are you feeling?” he asked quietly while petting her head soothingly.

She mumbled a response and shrugged. Taking that for an answer, Johnnie sat with her for a few more minutes before she abruptly whipped her head towards him showing her fresh tears. Hastily wiping them away, she sat up and groaned in frustration.

“I don’t understand! How did I let him get under my skin so fast? I barely know anything about him and here I am crying over him,” Abigail muttered as she wiped more tears that kept escaping.

Johnnie said nothing and simply held Abigail’s head as she laid it on his shoulder. He wasn’t good with girl drama, but he knew when nothing could be said to fix the moment. “Do you want to do something tonight? Just me and you?”

Shaking her head, Abigail muttered, “No, I told Boss I would work tonight.”

“How about, I call her and tell her that something huge came up and you need to have a friend right now?”

“No, I don’t need to stop working because of some stupid boy! Why would you suggest that?” Abigail accused him.

“Abby, I don’t think,” he paused and looked at her for a moment. “I don’t think you should go to work tonight in your condition.”

“My condition? What am I? I’m not some stupid child! I’m an adult and can make my own decisions,” she argued.

Johnnie pushed her away and stood up from the bed, “Why can’t you just believe me when I say you shouldn’t work tonight? You need to think over your emotions before you jump into something!” he shouted at her.

Abigail stood up from the bed and thrust her arm out and towards the door, “Leave! If you are going to be like that, then leave! I can handle myself just fine.”

“Abby,” Johnnie’s eyes softened and he reached for her.

“No,” she said stubbornly. “I’m going to work tonight and that’s final.”

Johnnie stared at her for a few seconds before throwing his hands in the air and stalking out of the door. Abigail heard the front door slam and a string of curses muffled through the door. Sinking down into her bed, she started to cry again.

All she could think was come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Playing God
Okay, I know that I wasn't suppose to update till tomorrow but I'm back a bit early and I will be a bit busy tomorrow so I am posting a day early. Sorry for the LONG wait, but it is here finally! :D
Comment? :)