Skipping Heartbeats

With You, With Me

When homecoming rolled around, Abigail made sure she had to work that night. Johnnie had argued that she needed to attend her senior year homecoming dance, but she refused. Neither of the twins was happy about that and Morgan kept giving her disapproving glares but never said anything.

Abigail’s father was the one who go through to her. He convinced her to buy a dress just in case she changed her mind and now a red dress stared at her every night before she would go to bed.

Johnnie finally got the courage to ask Morgan to homecoming and the twins decided that they were going to go together because their dates would only confuse them and that would be depressing. “Abby!” Abigail’s head snapped up from pouring coffee into Mrs. Sanders cup.

“Yes Reid?”

Abigail walked back to her boss and put a hand on her hip when she saw her husband there as well. They joint owned the restaurant. “Abby, I heard that homecoming was going on tonight. Why are you here?”

“Because I don’t want to go?” she questioned.

They both shook their heads and Abigail did as well, confused. “No, you are going to go home and get ready for the dance. This is your senior year and you need to,” Abigail cut Mrs. Reid off.

“I don’t want to go. The person I want to go with is going with someone else and that will only make the mod horrible.”

Image

When Abigail arrived home at ten-thirty, she wasn’t expecting the lights to be on. She walked into the house and was met by Morgan and the guys in her living room all dressed up. “What’s going on?”

“Abby! Your dad told us that you have a dress. Come on, we are going out for dinner. We have to tell you about the dance since you missed it,” Morgan rushed Abigail into her room and slammed the door shut.

Abby stood by her bed as Morgan gushed about the dress hanging up. “You’re going to look so cute in our pictures tonight! We are going out for dinner as a celebration of our last year.” Morgan turned around and looked at Abigail who was staring back, “Well, come on already. Strip, the guys are waiting.”

Abigail’s face brightened, “That sounds really dirty.”

Both girls laughed and Abigail got undressed before having the dress shoved over her head. “We won’t really have time for hair, so let’s just make it vintage waves with the iron.”

“I could have dressed myself,” Abigail muttered while zipping her dress and pulling her hair tie out of her hair.

“It’s heating up, should take a few minutes. While that is doing that, let’s find some shoes!” Morgan squealed.

Abigail stared at her friend, “What happened to my quiet, shy friend?”

“She’s in love,” Morgan declared quietly while digging in Abigail’s closet.

“You already were, before you two went on those dates,” Abigail pointed out.

“Ah ha!” Morgan stood up, “I know but, I think it is getting serious! Now come here and let me do your hair.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Vintage wavy hair -I love this girl.
Abigail's Dress
Morgan's Dress
How do you like the new layout? This one or the old one? And this is only part one of the homecoming dance :D
Comment? :D
Lion is an Angel -Btw It is the only link I could find that was nice. Disregard twilight.