Skipping Heartbeats

Would You Kill To Prove You're Right?

Abigail hadn’t planned on being late to class, but something happened to prevent her from helping Anthony out and it started with Jessica. The girl had decided while she was out running on the track to hide her clothes in the locker room. What made her even angrier was that she couldn’t blame it on Jessica because there was no proof.

When Anthony had asked her what happened, Abigail turned and looked at Jessica in the back of the room. “Nothing you need to worry about.”

Image

Abigail wasn’t quite sure what was wrong with her. A week had passed since she had come huffing into the classroom and dismissed Anthony’s concern. She watched from the shadows as he would talk to Jessica and her friends. Her stomach hurt and she felt nauseas every time.

While they were with their friends after school, she didn’t speak to him or any of the others really. She couldn’t understand what was wrong with her. And when Morgan told her that Johnnie and she had another date, she couldn’t even act happy for them.

“Abby, what’s wrong? You’ve been very withdrawn for the past week,” Morgan whispered while the boys were shouting at the television set in Abigail’s living room.

Abigail stared at Anthony’s head for a few seconds as he laughed with Johnnie, “I’m not quite sure.”

Morgan stared at her questioningly, “Why?”

Shrugging, Abigail stood from her spot at the kitchen table and stated she wasn’t feeling well, and for the group to lock the door when they left. Climbing into bed, Abigail tried to understand her thoughts and feelings.

Image

Morgan watched her friend disappear through the bedroom door. The boys watched concerned before returning to the game. Calling Johnnie into the kitchen, she smiled at a thought that might help her friend.

“What’s up?”

“Johnnie, have you noticed Abby’s behavior lately?”

Nodding, he motioned to Anthony as well, “He has been acting weird as well.”

“Maybe you should suggest that he asks her to the Homecoming dance. I think that might bring forth her feelings and maybe his own?”

Johnnie nodded and walked back to the living room where the other boys were cleaning up the game system. “Abby, were leaving now!” the twins shouted as they and Anthony walked out the front door.

Johnnie followed them as did Morgan. Anthony climbed in Johnnie’s car, while the twins went in Morgan’s car to be dropped off.

“So,” Johnnie started. “Do you have anyone in mind to ask to the homecoming dance next Friday?”

Humming in reply, Anthony stared at the window.

“Wanna tell me who it is?”

“How about it is a surprise?” Anthony suggested.

“Sure, I guess. Just ask her tomorrow so she doesn’t get a date before you ask her,” Johnnie stated.

Abigail was going to be so happy, Johnnie thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Journal
Hurricane