Beneath the Northern Lights

Remain Resilient

Lauri and Ali spent the night cuddling and talking. The Aurora Borealis only lasted an hour. However, an hour was long enough for feelings to be declared and for hearts to flutter. The next morning they stayed in bed as long as possible just enjoying each other’s embrace, kisses and most of all company. They managed to get out of bed and get packed up to come home. They were loaded back in the sled and then after Lauri checked out, they loaded back up in his car and headed south. Lauri had his hand stretched out and on Ali’s knee most of the trip. Ali looked out the window as she held his hand between hers. She then sat up straight as a buzzing sensation took over her leg. She smiled to see Bam had texted her.



“Bam, Bam!” She pulled her hands back and opened the text. Lauri smiled and loved the fact that she was as close with her brother as he was with his sister. She opened the text and began to read it and shrugged, “He wants me to come to Ville’s when we get back into Helsinki. We are all going to dinner.” She responded out loud as she texted, “Of course. I will text you when we are about 15 minutes out.” She looked at Lauri and bit her lip.

“You coming with us? Please?”



“If you want me to, I will be there.” Lauri looked back at her and dangerously leaned over for a kiss. Ali gave it to him but then punched his shoulder. 



“Lauri, please be careful. I’d like to make it to dinner with you, but if you aren’t more careful, neither one of us will make it.” Ali laughed. The two spent hours driving. They only stopped for gas and for something to keep Lauri awake. They sang songs, talked, and even played a few eye spy games. Around 7pm they finally made it back to Helsinki. The both of them were worn out. They pulled into Ville’s driveway. Lauri put the car in park and then turned it off as he took a breather.



“I’m not used to driving myself around, let alone make a drive like that.” Ali smiled and undid her seatbelt. 



“Well you performed marvelously.” Ali smiled and looked at him. Lauri smiled back at her and leaned over.



“I had better get one more in. I doubt this will be the last time for awhile that I will get these sweet, sweet kisses” He smiled and leaned in pressing his lips to hers. Ali smirked into the kiss and shifted to kiss him a bit deeper. They exchanged kisses several times and finally they broke their kiss.



“The only one I’d be worried about seeing us is, Nicole. All of the rest of them would probably encourage it.” Lauri agreed and showed it with a nod.



“Not worth the risk though.” They both got out of the car and Ali threw her stuff in Bam’s car. She walked up to the door with Lauri, standing just a little bit behind him. Lauri rapped on the door and waited. Linde came to the door and opened it slowly. His face was not the same. Ali stared at him trying to figure out what was different. Lauri walked through past Linde and into one of the main living rooms where he could hear Finnish accents. He stopped dead in his tracks in the doorway as he looked around the room. Ville and Bam sat on the couch not talking just staring at the floor. Nicole and Ryan had also taken seats in a nearby loveseat. They were talking to themselves, but paused and looked up as they saw Lauri enter. Off to the side was a much happier scene. Gas and the other band mates were sitting there chatting away happily and laughing. They were surrounding someone. Lauri swallowed hard when the face came into light. His heart sank deeper and deeper into his stomach. His hands felt as if they could have melted off onto the floor they were so heavy. He looked back at Ali with a pale face and then moved out of the way for her to enter the room and behold the sight that laid before them. Ali noticed her friend’s peculiar behavior. She smiled and shook her head and before she could ask what was wrong she looked up and her heart slipped to her toes. 


“Please calm down....don’t look so happy to see me...” Came a voice so deep and so sarcastically. Ali stood there and felt herself wanting to fall over. Everyone’s eyes were now on Ali. She looked up as the new figure made their way towards her. Lauri stood there and wanted to fall apart at that moment. The new face came over to Ali and wrapped his arms around her and tilted her chin up for a kiss. Ali did her best to kiss back but instantly felt disgusted with herself.



“Zacky, what are you doing here???” She whispered. She looked around and people were still watching, especially the one person she didn’t want to see her with her current boyfriend: Lauri. Zacky looked around and smiled lightly feeling awkward that she didn't greet him right away.

"I came to see you. I was missing you and I was hoping you missed me too. I don't know, I thought maybe my girlfriend might like to see me." Ali could feel Lauri crumbling behind her. She took Zacky’s hand and began to walk in another room. Zacky pulled his hand out of Ali’s softly and put on a cocky grin walking over to Lauri. He enjoyed seeing the other man upset over Zacky's return. "Thanks for brining her back safely, Bro... " Zacky whispered before following Ali. Ali went to the kitchen and turned to look at Zacky.

"Baby, I have missed you. A lot, but I thought this was my time with my brother? "Ali searched his eyes for answers. She walked towards him and kissed him gently, "I would never be upset to see you... I'm just surprised." Zacky kissed back and held her close. He put on a serious expression and then sighed,

"Its not him is it? That guy you just walked in with? Sleeping around, are you?" Ali shook her head and multiple things ran through her mind. No she hadn't been sleeping around, but she had been sharing a bed. She had kissed Lauri and most people would consider that cheating as well. She felt like it was indeed cheating and guilt flooded her chest. The biggest blow she could deliver was the unsureness she had in her heart for Zacky. She needed to figure out where her heart was before she said anything about it though. She shook her head again.

"No, Zack. I would never want to hurt you. I know how that feels." She looked up to see if any guilt would wash over his face. He stood expressionless. He nodded.

"Anything you say to me is gold, Ali. I trust you." He smiled. "Brandon was telling me you've had a good time so far. So....I’m guessing that was Lauri that you walked in with. Glad to see you've made some decent new friends." Zacky fixed her hair and smiled as he rubbed over her upper arms. She smiled and looked up at him. This was the Zacky she was in love with. He was jealous, he was protective, he wanted her happy, but most of all he trusted her. She smiled and moved in laying her head on his chest and holding him tightly. "I love you, Ali."

"I love you, Zacky." She responded and remained close to him still, "So you just came up here to see me? I would have been home in like less than a week. Nothing else made you come up here?"

"Nope. I got my manager to find the location of Ville's house. I flew up here and Ville called your gang over here. I sat and talked to Bam and Ville for a long time. Valo did most of the talking though; your brother still doesn't really have a lot of words for me." Zacky laughed and then sighed. "They said you had gone up to see the Northern Lights with a friend and you would be back in a few hours. Both of them neglected to tell me this 'friend' was the lead singer of the Rasmus." Ali felt guilty once again and she shrugged.

"He's a really nice guy. You should get to know him. When I got lonely and wanted to talk about you, he listened." Ali smiled thinking about those evenings. "He showed me some amazing things in Finland. He was like a personal tour guide.” Ali listened to herself and had to stop, anymore and she might get too carried away with expressing her feelings about Lauri.



“Hopefully I will get to know him better tonight. We’re all going out to dinner. Let’s head back to your place so you can get all dressed to the nines and then we will head out. Sound good? Afterward we can either....call it a night early or maybe head out clubbing?” Zacky smirked and ran a hand over her ass and smiled as he kissed over her jaw seductively. ”Nicole is spending the night with Ryan, so we will have the whole place to ourselves.” Ali thought about it and smiled. Something had happened with Ryan and Nicole while she had spending time with Lauri and she was curious to get to the bottom of it. She then looked up at Zacky and smiled as she thought over her options. If Lauri would go out to the ice bar with them, than that is what she would do, but if Lauri was going to leave, she had no reason to stay out any later either. She had to get as much time with her new friend as possible. She was itching to be alone with him again, and she didn’t even care as to how bad it sounded. It was what she craved.



“Go pull up your car and I will talk to the rest of them about tonight.” Zacky parted and went to the door and found his way to his rental car and climbed in and pulled it around front and waited in the car for his girlfriend. Ali took a deep breath and walked towards the living room where she left Lauri, her brother, Ville, Ryan and Nicole.




-----------------------------------



"Thanks for brining her back safely, Bro... "



Lauri listened to their foot steps as they disappeared behind him. Zacky’s words cut him deep. He couldn’t believe the way the other had just spoken to him. It wasn't about the words necessarily, but the attitude and tone behind them. When he knew Zacky and Ali were in the other room. He looked up and saw the most depressing sight he had seen in a while. Ville sat with no particular expression on his face. He had his legs crossed and was smoking a cigarette. His eyes fixed on the window. Lauri saw Nicole and Ryan holding hands. Nicole’s head was resting on Ryan’s shoulder as he ran a thumb over her soft little hand. Neither of them looked very happy. They looked as if to comfort one another. The room looked as if a loved one had just been lost to the realm of spirits never to return again. The air was heavy and thick, making it almost impossible to breath. Lauri's heavy heart and chest didn't make breathing any better. The hardest person to look at was Bam. A mixture of anger and disappointment filled his face. Lauri leaned against the wall.



“I’m sorry... I did everything I could do.” Lauri whispered. Bam looked up slowly, still not managing to look at anyone else’s eyes directtly and nodded.



“What happened last night?” Bam asked curiously. He was quiet and pensive in the moment. It was as if he was trying to pinpoint what made the plan fail. 



“Well, we had dinner and she told me she’s not sure if she loves him anymore. We kissed for the first time. She slept in my bed..... Bam, I thought I had her in my hands.” Lauri looked at the floor and rubbed the back of his neck lightly.

"Well apparently you didn't." Bam sighed and finally lifted his eyes and looked at the man he was hoping to call maybe a brother-in-law one day. "I'm not blaming you. I think you could have done more, but if my sister wasn't so stubborn and determined...."

"Kind of like you?" Ville chimed in. He neither turned his head nor lifted his eyes. Bam looked sharply at the other rockstar. "She's just like you, Bam. She's not going to budge on something she feels passionate about."

"She doesn't feel passionate about it though!! Why won't you two listen?" Lauri called out. "She told me what was on her heart last night, and Zacky is not the biggest part of it. She doesn't even know if Zacky has a place in it at all anymore!" Lauri looked at both of the men. They both now were listening and their ears pricked. Bam listened and sighed and looked around.

"Zacky wants to take us all to dinner tonight. You need to be there." Bam demanded.

"Do you know how awkward that will be?" Lauri shook his head, "I can't do that."

"She would want you to be there." Ville looked at Lauri as if he was stupid. Lauri thought about it and then sighed and nodded.

"Fine, I will go, but only to show you that the plan isn't dead yet. She doesn't love him like she used to!" Lauri called out and walked towards Bam.

"Ylonen, I believe you. I just wish she didn't revert so quickly back to him. If our plan would have worked then Ali would let that son of a bitch go home." Suddenly there was a presence at the door. The quiet sound of a footstep fell. Lauri turned around and his eyes fell to the floor in guilt. Bam stood up and looked towards the entrance in a panic.

"What plan, Bam....what is the plan?” Ali looked between Bam and Lauri. Both of them were now pale as a ghost. Tears were trying to form. She looked at Ville for some answers. He once again refused to look up. Bam walked towards her slowly,



“Ali, don’t take it how it sounds. We were..I was....”



“We? You were in on this too?” She paused and looked up at Lauri. “Probably a little pawn for Bam to move around, right?” Ali took a step back and stared back into her brother’s eyes. “Not all of us like to have jokes played on us, or games made out of our lives. Some of us aren’t your jackass friends, Bam. Some of us need to live our own lives.” She paused and took a deep breath. “Tell me what you’ve done.” Bam stood his ground and looked at his sister. 



“I tried to get you to experience Finland in an unforgettable way. The plan was simply to show you that there are better things out there for you.”



“You tried to break up my relationship with Zacky.....” Ali said now angry with her arms folded.



“Ali...” Lauri was searching for words in his mind, physically getting them out would be another chore, “We know how he can be. I also know how wonderful and incredible you are, and we just wanted to show you that you can do better. We wanted to point out the red flag we see in him. We wanted to save you.” Ali stared at him and her heart broke now that he confirmed he was apart of all this. A tear finally came down her cheek.



“So, your job was to make me hate Zacky and like you more. That was the whole festival, the concert, last night???? It was all so you can help my fucking brother with his little plan!?”



“Yes it was to help Bam, but...wait.....no!!! It wasn’t apart of the plan at all! I mean it did help your brother, but it was honest! Everything that I showed or did with you was real! It wasn’t a show!” Lauri pleaded and walked towards her and reached for her hand. She pulled back and shook her head.



“I trusted you....if you really wanted to ‘help’ me. If you really thought I was in trouble, it wouldn’t have taken a plan to tell me. Plus, to team up with my brother....I’ve lost all respect.” Ali started to turn around and walk out.



“Ali, I fell in love. I didn’t mean to hurt you, it wasn’t just a part of the plan. I truly fell in love. Please, listen to me.” Lauri pleaded. He would do anything to get her to believe him, after all, it was true. Lauri loved Ali and couldn’t bear seeing her walk out of his life; not now or ever. Ali whipped around the tips of her hair stinging her cheek.



“What is this? Is this plan B? Plan B must read: deny all claims of a plan exisiting and make the poor thing believe you really love her; whatever it takes to make the ‘non-existent’ plan A work.” Ali huffed and turned and this time didn’t look back as she loaded herself and her stuff out of Bam’s car and into Zacky’s. Once she was in, Zacky sped off towards the hotel to relax and to get ready for tonight’s dinner.

Meanwhile back at Ville’s, Lauri sat down and looked over at Bam. Everyone listened to Zacky's car peal out.


“I can’t go to the dinner now. She doesn’t believe me. There is nothing I can do. It will be so painful to see her and Zacky.” Ville laughed and put out his fading cigarette. 



“A wise saying that I once heard reads, ‘If at first you don’t succeed...try, try again.’ I don’t think you are really portraying the Finnish characteristic of being resilient and embracing the idea of resiliency.” Lauri looked at Vill and then at Bam for guidance. Bam glanced up at the other Finnish man and shook his head,



“You did an awesome job. I’m sorry that you got pulled into it like this. I didn’t mean to have this backfire on you.”



“No, thank you. I wouldn’t have found my true partner, soul mate, if you hadn’t talked me into this project. It might have started out as just a blooming friendship and as a mission for you, but my heart and soul fell into it. I can’t imagine myself being with anyone else. I know it’s been a short amount of time, but I think I really love your sister.” Bam listened and then smiled and nodded. He moved to the edge of his seat and rubbed his palms together as the cogs in his head started turning.

“Well then... maybe the little monkey had a point. We scratch the mission of getting Ali to leave Zacky. Mission 2.0: prove to Ali how much you love her. We prove to her that there is no plan. If there was, it is obviously over and we would have no need to go to dinner. However, now we need to prove that your love is real and surpasses any plans we had before. If you really loved her, you would be at that dinner. You are risking embarrassment, hurt and so much more by walking into that dinner. By being there you are saying that you would do anything to prove to her your love. Do you understand?” Lauri listened and nodded. He also moved to the front of his seat in excitement.The spirits of the rest of the gang were slowly lifting as well. Maybe Lauri could hold onto the girl that he fell in love with. Maybe everything would turn out the way that Lauri was hoping after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! Work and other events have been holding me back. Please patient for the next chapter.

recommend if you love it!

Comment if you have suggestions!

subscribe to see what happens next!!