Beneath the Northern Lights

True Colors

Ali and Zacky were greeted by a swarm of cameras. Ali kept her sunglasses on and her head down as they walked. Zacky held her hand tight and as safely as he could he managed to get them both through the mess. Once the flight was arranged and suitcases on board they walked toward security with their carry ons. Ali was silent as Zacky stayed connected to his phone. Ali walked behind him a bit still upset at the face that Lauri hadn’t come. Maybe it was completely a game. He didn’t come because he really didn’t care. Ali pressed her teeth together angrily at the thought. She knew her brother loved her and wanted the best, but this was too far in her opinion.



Lauri raced inside. He looked around cameras and people recognizing him. The tabloids had already started. The rumors were going up on twitter by travelers from around the world. Lauri kept running. He finally saw them and he smiled running after them. They were far ahead. Lauri started yelling, “Ali!!!!! Ali wait!!!!!” The couple passed through the security check point. Without a ticket he wouldn’t be able to get through. He watched as the couple took off their shoes and jewelry and passed through. Lauri yelled her name again but they were already out of hearing distance. He wanted to let his emotions get the best of him at that moment but he looked around to see fans gathering. He smiled and signed a handful but then had enough. He asked for some space and then took a seat as it sunk in. Never again would he have the honor of being in her presence. He could always surprise her in Huntington Beach one day, but that would be hard to do without having to deal with her new fiance. He sat there watching the people go through security. He had about 15 minutes before her flight took off. He could go by a ticket, if there were any left, go through security, and find her, but he could already imagine Zacky’s reaction and the stir it would cause. He had to let it go. He picked up his phone and still unable to bring himself to stand he texted the other everything that just took place. 



Once through security, Ali spotted a starbucks. “I will be right back, babe. Want anything?” Zacky smiled and kissed her cheek,



“Nah, I’m all right. Hey, I need to make sure we still have a ride when we get to Paris. I’ll be right back.” Ali looked at her fiancé and smiled. She headed over to the kiosk and ordered her passion tea. It was a pink, light, fruity drink. Her favorite for just relaxing. She called her mom and explained everything and after hearing an earful she ended the call and sighed. 



“It will grow on all of them” She whispered to herself and then headed back towards Zacky. She saw him on the phone and without disrupting him she walked up behind him and went to take a seat when she paused and stared at the back of him.



“I know, babe, but it’s part of the plan. Be patient with me….I know you are hurting. Just let me get her to Paris. I will get some media attention and when it all dies off, we split and then it’s back to our palace by the sea. We won’t have to worry about her again. I will pick up some extra money from magazines asking about the wedding and we can pay off the house. Gena, come on love, just give me some time.”



Ali heard every other word. The Passion tea slipped from her hand and splattered on the ground and on her legs and some on Zacky. The crash got his attention and then he turned around and was horrified. He hung up instantly and turned to take Ali’s shoulders. 



“Don’t touch me….” Zacky tried to calm her down and redeem himself, “I said DON’T TOUCH ME…” She said louder beginning to cry. She looked at him and was mortified. She shook her head as the tears rolled down her face. She couldn’t make a sound. Zacky stood in front of her with his hands at his side gripping his phone and looking down at the ground. After a moment of silence. Ali took her ring off and threw it on the ground. The ring fell perfectly on a pile of ice surrounded by the spilt tea. Pictures were being snapped, people were whispering, it was more than Ali could take. She turned to look at the people. She looked at Zacky and shook her head picking up her purse and heading towards security. Zacky followed her carefully. Ali began to walk faster as she saw the security guards. Zacky was speaking a number of apologies as he followed. Ali covered her ears and started running. People now were all whispering about it. Lauri in his trance of emotions heard the names. He wasn’t surprised they were getting so much attention. After all they were one of the hottest couples at the moment. Then he looked up and sighed seeing a girl running. Lauri looked at her and then stood up slowly. It was Ali. He walked in front of her path. His heart was pounding and his eyes struggling to put together pieces to understand what was going on.



“Ali….” he called out. She looked up and cried harder. This time it was out of happiness. It was a familiar face, and besides her brother, it was the best person that could have possible been her savior at that moment. Ali and ran faster letting her purse fall at his feet and her arms instantly wrapping around him as she sobbed. He held her close and rubbed her back trying to calm her down. He then looked up from her shoulder and black hair and saw the tall tattooed man running at them. Lauri looked at him angrily as he held Ali close. She was sobbing uncontrollably. Zacky was about 20 feet away from them. He looked over Ali and then at Lauri. He stared for a moment. Zacky knew he had lost. He turned slowly and walked back through security. It was over. He would never get the positive attention he was looking for. If anything this would only hurt his career. He went back through security covered in tea as a reminder of what had happened. He took his bag and waited for his flight to Paris to be called. 



“ Peura….What happened??” He whispered in her ear pulling her over to a bench. He fixed her dark hair and looked at her worried. “My love…Did he hurt you?” Ali nodded and stayed close as she worked to calm herself down.



“I want to see my brother….I will explain it in the car.” Lauri helped her up and soon they were in his car leaving the airport. The made arrangements to pick up Ali’s suitcases later that evening when they had been retrieved from the planes cargo unit. Ali told Lauri about Gena and her past relationship with Zacky. She had always wanted to be Zacky’s and they had known each other since high school. Drama got involved and forced them to split. Ali was nothing but a rebound girl. Something to get his mind off of Gena. All the time though Ali would catch Zacky talking about her or hear her voice over the phone. It killed Ali, and Ali knew all along there was someone else, but there were moments that Zacky would surprise her. It was the trap and the deceiving web that he had created. “Everyone knew…..Everyone had accepted it, but me.” She whispered. “I secretly wished I was paranoid. I guess I had good reason.” Lauri drove and took her hand tightly in his.



“Ali, Peura, you have a good heart…..You always see the good in people. You always want to assume that everyone has a good heart until they prove you wrong.” Lauri paused, “That is why people love you. Unfortunately, it means amazing people like you get hurt often.” Lauri was moments from Ville’s driveway. He pulled in and then parked the car looking at her. “I never wanted to seem evil, selfish, or like I didn’t want the best for you. I only wanted to protect you from what I knew was a doomed situation.” Lauri whispered. Ali smiled and leaned forward kissing Lauri deeply and then took his hand.



“I know….I know now.” Ali added and then leaned forward hugging the other closely. “I’m sorry for how I acted.” She looked down and before Lauri could respond she looked up. “I don’t know what kind of force brought you to the airport and made you stay there, but I’d like to think it’s destiny.” Ali smiled and looked at the Finnish man. Lauri laughed and nodded. 



“I’d like to think so as well.” Lauri whispered and then held her hand tight looking at it and then he smiled and looked back at her. “So what are you going to do now?” Ali laughed and looked at the floorboard of the car and then back to the driver and shrugged. 



“I don’t know…I guess stay really close to my brother. Get my head back on straight. I guess I wasn’t really shocked so no heart break to pick up after.” She sighed and looked at him. He got nervous and then looked at her, 



“Maybe you could take some more time to get to know….” Lauri started.



“The new love of my life?” Ali said her heart pounding as she looked at Lauri. He smiled widely and raised a brow. 



“As long as it’s me….I would respond with yes.” Lauri said trying not to laugh. Ali nodded and then leaned forward kissing Lauri deeply. The kiss went on for many moments. They stopped for only a moment to catch their breath, but it was long enough for cheering to start up. Ali and Lauri looked and in front of the car was everyone she held dear. She smiled and hugged Lauri a little in embarrassment and then got out of the car and instantly ran to Bam hugging him tightly. He held her close. 



“I don’t even know what brought you back here, but I have never been more happy in my life” Bam whispered and then rubbed his sister’s back kissing the top of her head as they embraced. Ryan and Ville hugged Lauri and congratulated him. Ville then stepped to the side and walked over to Ali and Bam. Ali smiled instantly the second she saw the darkly dressed man and hugged Ville tightly. 



“Welcome Back, littlest Margera” Ville laughed and then looked down at her. “If you would have gotten on that plane, I was certain I would have had to hospitalize your brother.” Ville called out and looked at Bam like he was a little foolish before hugging his friend’s sister tightly. “I’m glad you are still here. Lauri cares a lot about you. I hope you realize that now, sweetheart. We all do.” Ville reminded her rubbing her back before letting Nicole and Ali have a moment of hugging and celebrating in the most girlie of natures. Lauri watched Ali being greeted by Ville and her own brother. It was a moment of affection and true brotherly love that Lauri admired. Bam could be a jackass, a prick, dumb, and the most selfish person alive, but the way he loved his sister proved he wasn’t all vile. Lauri then turned to find Aki. Once he was spotted he smiled and hugged him tightly.



“Lintu, you did it….I knew you could. It was always meant to be like this” Aki whispered in his friends ear. Lauri pulled back and took the other by the shoulders. 



“Thank you for being patient with me. Encouraging me. A true brother to me you are” Lauri whispered and touched the other’s cheek before feeling two little arms around his stomach. Lauri stepped back and held close to Ali with a huge smile on his face. They shared another kiss in front of their friends and family.



“Ice Bar to celebrate?” Bam yelled out. Nicole who had been giggling with Ali looked at her friend’s brother.



“It is fucking noon….You are such a fucking lu…..” Nicole was cut off. 

“I kind of want to join him…” Ryan whispered looking at Nicole. Nicole instantly smiled and clung to Ryan’s arm.



“Ice Bar it is…” Nicole said twisting a piece of hair in her fingers. They all started to move inside and Lauri stopped and watched Ali walk into the house. She stopped when she realized that he wasn’t following her. She paused and looked back at him leaning against the hood of Ali’s car.



“What are you thinking about, Lintu?” She whispered as she started to walk back to him. 



“This whole journey.” He whispered as he felt her lean against him. “Us Finns believe that the Fire Foxes are playing up north when the Aurora Borealis appears. Some think they are dancers up there. Some think it’s their dead relatives coming back to the earth in a moment of pure splendor.” Lauri rubbed her arm,

“I don’t know what I believe” he laughed, “But I do know that whoever or whatever was happening in the skies that night….blessed those beneath the Northern Lights.” Ali smiled and kissed his cheek. 



“I don’t think it has to do with folk tale…” Ali smiled. “I think it had to do with a very patient, kind, caring boy who was completely selfless and was just trying to do what he though was right, but in the end he was doing something much more beautiful.” Ali smiled and held Lauri’s hands as she looked up at him. 



“Was he doing a famous skater’s sister?” Lauri laughed with a raised brow. Ali covered her mouth and shook her head walking towards the house letting go of him. “What!? it was an honest question.” Ali shook her head, 



“ I already live with crude boys I don’t need to date another one.” She said laughing. 



“It was good timing and you know it” He replied following her inside the house. Ali muttered off some words and laughed walking inside. Lauri ran inside the house behind her. The group went out to the Ice Bar celebrating another union, but this time, it was one that was true, happy, care free, pure and meant to be. 



----------------------------------------------------------

Tabloids got out. Mistakes were made in reporting, but for the most part, Zacky was portrayed as the monster he really was. All the attention Zacky craved was instead given to Lauri and Ali Margera’s new relationship. Not wanting much attention, Ali and Lauri stayed in Helsinki for a few months until things died down back home in America. Eventually, though, Lauri and Ali moved to a house just outside West Chester so Ali could be close to her family. Lauri was able to keep his house and for months out of the year the couple would go between the two houses. The Rasmus was doing very well. Lauri started his own side project with a solo career that did very well.




 Life carried on and with it took friends. Avenged Sevenfold lost their drummer, Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan too soon. Avenged Sevenfold pulled back and laid low. Their best years behind them. This tragic moment got the attention of the boys and they all lead a much different lifestyle. Ali was proud of the maturing the band did, but also grieved in her own way for the loss of a friend. Ali’s Ex wasn’t the only one left behind. Ryan Dunn was taken far too soon affecting the whole Margera family. Nicole, Ali, Ville, Lauri, the Jackass family all mourned for months. None suffered like Bam did. It was a hard time for the Margera clan watching their Bam suffer in silence. They were able to share so many amazing stories and moments with Ryan before his time was cut too soon. He would always be alive in their hearts though he physically left them in the flames of the car crash. The importance of family and friends is strongly evident in times likes this. The Margeras always pull through and are strong even when things seem to be taking a dark turn. That is what makes them family. Even in there moments when they are grieving, celebrating or fighting…..at the end of the day they remain family. If it weren’t for this trait, I would hate to think of what the ending of this story could have been. 




Viva La Margera
Jun 2005 - Jan 2014
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my Gosh! I can't believe this is the final chapter!! Thank you for those of you that have stuck around this long! That have recommended, commented, subscribed, or have just read and followed these characters.

I started this story when "Viva La Bands" came out back in 2005. I was only 15 years old. Now it is the very beginning of 2014 and I have finally closed the door on this story. It's very bittersweet. I hope you all have enjoyed it. I hope to be working on some other pieces now. I will miss updating this one though. Truly your support and desire for more has given me the stamina to keep working on this. Thank you for celebrating and struggling with Ali through all the chapters. It means a lot to me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :)

-Ali, GoGlambertGo

Dedicated to the Late Ryan Dunn, Jimmy Sullivan and to Lyn