Beneath the Northern Lights

Lintu

Morning came way too fast. It was about 12 pm. Ali yawned as she woke up. She looked at the clock and then at the ceiling. She tried to piece the events of last night together. She was glad to see that Nicole has somehow managed to make it back to their hotel room and not in Dunn’s room. Ali sat up slowly and stretched. She got up and unpacked her laptop and carried it to the other room. She pulled up her email and then all of the sudden remembered Zacky was going to send pictures of the house. When she was finally able to open her email and saw the house she smiled widely. It was a ranch-style two story house that was surrounded by a lovely display of palm trees. Ali picked up her phone that was charging and texted Zacky,
‘It’s so beautiful. I’m such a lucky girl! XO” Ali smiled as she sent the message. She took one last look before walking back into the bedroom. She smiled and crawled into her friend’s bed and snuggled close to her,


“Are you awake?” She whispered softly. Nicole groaned and pushed Ali away,

“I am now, jerk” Ali laughed and crawled out of the bed and sat on her own.

“Well good morning then! You should see the pictures of my house that Zacky sent! They are so amazing.” Ali smiled and bit her lip.

“I’m sure it is.....why-why are you so.....awake and...ok? I have a horrible headache” Nicole said as she rubbed her temple.

“I didn’t feel like drinking that much last night. Do you want some of Ape’s hangover medicine? It’s in my makeup bag.” Ali said as she looked at her friend who was still staring at the ceiling.

“Ok I will get it in a few....I’m just so sick....”

“I would be too if I was so drunk that I was trying to have sex on the dance floor with Ryan Dunn.” Nicole shot straight up in her bed, 

“I did what?!” Ali laughed and shook her head.
“You were just REALLY into your boogie with Ryan... that was all.” Ali laughed harder at Nicole’s reaction.

“Why couldn’t it have been Ville!?” Nicole sank back down into the pillows.

“I need to go check on them...They went through so much beer. Plus I need to see what today’s plans are. I will be right back.” Ali recalled before sliding into her pajama bottoms and then fixing her tank top.

She took her key and her brother’s key to his room in her hand and made her way down the hallway just a few strides. She walked into the hot mess that was her brother’s hotel room. Bam and Ville were cuddling on one bed and Ryan was passed out in the bathroom. Ali rolled her eyes in disgust and then pulled Ryan back into his bed and covered him up. She then walked over to Bam’s side of his bed and touched his face.
“Bam....Bam....Brandon......ugh....Brandon Cole...”
Ali then sighed in frustration and walked over to see Ville on the other side of the bed. She stroked his side softly. Ville rolled away from his spooning position with Bam and sleepily looked at Ali.
“Alicia, my dear, I’m so glad to see you!” Ville said in his obvious still very drunk state.

“And I’m so glad to see you so sunny, Ville.” Ali teased and then took his hand, “Today is the concert and I wanted to know what time we should be ready to go.” Ali nudged her friend to help him stay awake. He moaned lightly and tried to put his best thinking cap on.


“I’m going to say be ready by 5. I believe it starts at 7....” Ville said sleepily reaching for the blankets. Ali smiled and gave his hand a squeeze,
"I will come wake you up then around 3 or so since you have nothing here. You and the boys can go get ready at your house.” Ali smiled as she began to get up and then felt a hand on her arm.

“Ali......”
Ville mumbled. Ali looked back at him, “Is he still breathing?” Ali’s eyes grew wide.
“Who, Ville?”

“Dunn....is he still breathing?” Ali nodded and laughed,
“yes, I just put him back in bed, You all are just really drunk right now.

“Fantastic....” was all that Ville could get out before he drifted back to sleep. Ali laughed and headed back to her room to get a few more Z’s and get ready.



_____




It was show time. Somehow all 5 of them were on their way to the concert. They had taken Ville’s larger car for safety and security reasons. Ali wasn’t convinced that Ville had completely sobered up but somehow he still managed to get behind the wheel of the American Escalade. Ville had pulled up behind the venue after going through many security checkpoints to make sure they weren’t crazy fans trying to get closer to Maja and her crew. Once they were safe a Valet took care of Ville’s car and then they headed toward the VIP tent. Ville was walking into a gallery of his favorite fellow rockers, while Ali and the gang were a little bit star struck at all of the big time Finnish names. 


“Is that Ali Margera?” Ali turned and screamed as she saw a familiar face. She ran over and hugged a tall man with dark hair. Bam got one look and rolled his eyes taking his crew and walking away. Adam kissed the next man’s lips lightly and giggled as another blonde came up with a very memorable faux hawk. Ali smiled and pulled away hugging him as well. 


“Adam!!! I was not expecting to see you here!” Ali exclaimed. She looked over at her dear friend that she met in LA. Mr. Adam Lambert was here with his beautiful blonde love, Sauli Koskinen who hailed from Helsinki himself. Ali smiled widely as she looked over the two.

“What are you doing here?!” Adam smiled and looked down at his friend,

‘Vacation, with my brother” Ali smiled as she looked over the two of them. They nodded and subtly took hands. Ali smiled and bit her lip lightly, they were so cute. She could barley take it sometimes. They seemed so happy together, something that Ali wanted for her and Zacky so bad.
“That is awesome! Came here to watch Maja and her band? My baby here is a big fan” Adam smiled and nudged Sauli lightly. Ali smiled and looked at Sauli and then back at Ville who was standing off behind her,


“Ville is a huge fan as well. Thats why I am here” Ali smiled happily and looked around and then shook her head, “So anyone else here that could magically pop up and surprise me?” Little did any of them know that they were being watched right now like a hawk.


+++++++++


A couple of yards over Lauri Ylonen of the Rasmus was standing with Aki the drummer and best friend to Lauri. The lead singer was wearing his feathers in his hair like he usually did when going out to events like these. He almost spit out beer as he looked around the tent and saw Ali, 

“Aki!!! Look over at Koskinen!!! He’s talking to her!! The girl i met at the bar that I was telling you about!” Lauri pulled on his friends arm and made him look. Aki raised eyebrows.

“She’s real.... we thought you made her up.” Lauri punched Aki’s arm and then grabbed him and marched to the temporary bar that was set up in the tent.



“So how should I do this, I want to talk to her again. Or at least get to know her better” Lauri ordered another beer and looked Aki and then back at Ali. 

“Sauli, is everyone’s bitch. He’s so blonde too... just tell him to make him introduce you to her....plus by the way that she is all over him and his boyfriend I assume they know each other pretty well.” Aki said and adjusted his glasses. Lauri smirked at Aki and then patted his back,

“You, my friend, are so brilliant” Lauri smirked and watched the men and Ali communicate.

+++++++++

Adam shook his head and smiled,
“I think I’m the only other American here. I mean there are tons of Sauli’s friends. Finnish guys galore.” Adam smirked and looked around the VIP tent confirming his statement. Sauli saw him checking out other men and gave Adam a jab in the ribs and turned his attention to Ali,


“Dear, how is your romance? All things going well? Last time we saw you in Los Angeles your brother seemed to be having a hard time dealing with your love interests.” Sauli asked and smiled hoping for good news. 


“It’s...going. Bam still hates him. I don’t think that will ever change. I’m very happy Zacky just bought us house in Huntington Beach. I’m hoping to move out there sometime when I move back to the states.” Ali smiled brightly. Sauli clapped and folded his hands together,


“That is so exciting! We wish you the best.” He said as he clung to Adam again. Adam smiled and nodded.


“If you ever get home sick or need some time away you know where I live, you are more than welcome to spend as much time as you want with us. We would love company!” Adam said in reply and looked at Sauli. Adam was smiling more that his boyfriend agreed. Ali smiled in return.


“Thanks Adam. How long are you here in Finland?” Ali asked,
“Another week or so. I haven’t really decided when I’m leaving.. it’s so hard to leave the ones you love.” Adam kissed Sauli’s cheek and smirked as he looked down at him and then back at Ali, “How long are you here for?” Ali rolled her eyes.



“Another week or so. Bam hasn’t really decided when we are leaving....it’s so hard to leave the ones you sleep with.” Ali looked over her shoulder to see even now Bam with his arm around Ville. Sauli looked at Ali with an interesting look. 


“Is he gay? I didn’t think he was, but I’m pretty sure I’ve made out with Mr. Valo on more than one occasion.” Sauli said playfully. Ali shook her head and sighed,

“No I think Bam just REALLY enjoys Ville’s company.” Ali smiled lightly and then kissed Adam again and hugged Sauli and kissed his cheek, “I better go make sure they are staying out of trouble. I wold love to hang out with you guys if you have some free time before you leave Adam.”



“Of course, dear!!! Text me or Sauli” Adam said and held Sauli’s hand again preparing to walk away. Ali nodded and then returned to Nicole’s side next to the side where the stage was.

_______

“Koskinen... come here...” Sauli’s ears pricked as if he was a horse. He turned and smiled to see Lauri. He parted from Adam’s side and told him to wait a minute and then walked over to Lauri and Aki.


“Moi, Lintu” This was how Finnish generally said hello to each other. Lauri’s nickname was Lintu which meant bird in Finnish. He received this name to due his traditional attire of raven or crow feathers in his hair.


“Hei, tell me about her. The girl you were just talking to.”

“Ali? Ali Margera?” Sauli smiled brightly. Aki and Lauri leaned in to listen closely
“Margera? As in Bam Margera?” Sauli nodded happily,

“Yes. Sister of Bam’s. From Pennsylvania.” Sauli confirmed and then Lauri smiled happily and nodded,

“This is making more since now.... that’s why she always around Ville.” Sauli nodded. 

“Ville is almost more like a brother to her than Bam.” Sauli smiled.

“Who is she dating?” Lauri said as he kept an eye on her.

“She’s with Zacky V..... Vengeacne? Zacky Baker of the band Avenged Sevenfold. They are Metal band out of Orange County, California.” Lauri sighed knowing exactly who he was referring to.

“I see....” Lauri said and then looked at the bartender and ordered a Sex on the Beach as the wheels in his head turned, 

“Lauri, why are you ordering a girlie drink?” Aki asked very confused,
“I LOVE THOSE!” Sauli exclaimed. Lauri and Aki looked at Sauli and then shook their heads. 
“It’s not for me...” Lauri grabbed Sauli’s arm and explained that he was going to re-introduce the two. Lauri picked up his beer and then the two of them headed towards Miss Margera. Aki silently raised his beer in hopes to send Lauri off with luck. He rolled his eyes knowing that they were both at dead ends. Nothing more was going to come of it. 


“Ali!! I have someone for you to meet.” Sauli called out. Ali turned around slightly smiling. She tilted her head to the side as she looked at Sauli and then Lauri. 

“Didn’t we.....” Lauri nodded before Ali could finish. 
“This is Lauri Ylonen, we call him Lintu sometimes” Sauli proclaimed and then looked at Ali, “And this is Miss Ali Margera.”

“Sister to Bam Margera, I presume” Lauri played stupid and Sauli was to blonde to even comment on it.


“Yes.” Ali smiled as her and Lauri shook hands, something they didn’t do last night. Nicole looked over the strange man with a wild eye and stood close to Ali, 

“...and I am the best friend, Nicole. I’m single.” Lauri laughed a little and shook her hand and nodded, 

“Nice to meet you, Nicole.” He looked back at Ali and handed her the drink he had brought and then took his beer from Sauli and gave him the eye to scoot. Sauli smiled proudly at the two and then bit his lip as he went to go tell Adam. Ali took the drink and took a sip and smiled widely, 

“You remembered....” Ali was pleasantly surprised that she had been given her favorite drink. Lauri held his beer close to him and shrugged, 

“In all honestly I didn’t remember till this morning when I wanted to see on my receipt how many beers I had drank and that somehow landed on there along with another type of beer that I don’t usually purchase.” Lauri smiled as he saw Ali laugh and sip her drink.

“I apologize, I didn’t realize you were Bam’s sister. I’m really great friends with Ville. I would have come over to say hi to them and not just attack you at the bar with conversation if I would have known. We could have a more relaxed conversation and better getting to know you time if I would have done that.” Ali smiled and shrugged,


“It’s fine, it made my night more interesting anyway” Ali smiled and continued to sip and then she rolled her eyes as Bam started to approach. She was terrified about what jackass thing might come out of his mouth.



“ Shut the fucking door! Look who it is!” Bam said as he went up and gave Lauri a huge hug.


“Wait....you know him?” Ali said as she looked at the two hugging. Bam stood back smiling and nodded,

“Hell yah I do! He cam over a few years back and we got “Guilty” on the Viva La Bands CD.” Bam said looking at Lauri and then Ali.

“And the Rasmus couldn’t think you more for that. We’ve gained so many more American fans through that.” Lauri smiled and took a sip of his beer.

“Holy Shit, so thats what you were talking about last night?” Ali said surprised as she looked at Lauri and laughed. “You worked with my brother on his CD?” Lauri nodded and laughed, 


“Listen, I’m just as shocked that he had a sister that I didn’t know about.” Lauri laughed and then looked over the two of them. Bam wrapped an arm around Ali holding her close,



“My one and only sister. She definitely got the brains out of all us Margera kids.” Ali nodded agreeing and then Lauri smiled,


“And the looks I would say.” Ali looked at Lauri and blushed as she moved into Bam’s side slightly embarrassed,

“Boys...” she said slightly and laughed. Bam smiled and then shook Lauri’s hand and nodded,


“Glad you two got to meet, I’m going to head back over but I really wanted to run over and say hey. It would be great if you wanted to join us on some outings. I’m sure Ville would love that. Just call when you have some free time.” Lauri nodded at Bam’s suggestion and soon he was gone and it was just back to Ali, Nicole and Lauri. Nicole was getting bored of the conversation and soon headed back to where Dunn and Bam were standing and talking. Ali smiled and looked at Lauri as she sipped her drink, 



“I would have never guess that we had so much in common after our one little conversation at the ice bar” Ali lauged a little.


“I know!” Lauri smiled and laughed and then looked at his beer and then at Ali, “Sauli educated me on who you are with, I remember saying that you were dating someone. I am familiar with Zacky V. My guitarist met him once. Says that Zacky is very talented.” Ali nodded and smiled lightly, 


“Zacky is one of the best guitarist I have ever known. I’m very proud of him.” Ali replied
“How long have you been with him?”

“A little over a year. He just brought a house for us back in California.” Lauri nodded and smiled,

“You must be very excited.” Lauri nodded and sipped his beer. 

“It’s bittersweet.... My family is really against him. They just don’t know how he treats me, they just look at what he wants to portray to the world.” Ali looked down at her feet and then back at Lauri,

“I understand. Well as long as he’s treating you with the utmost respect that is all that matters in the end, correct?” Lauri smiled thinking back to his own situation. Ali nodded to show her approval of his statement, 

“Yes. That is what I keep telling myself and my family. What about you.... are you with anyone?” Lauri laughed and shook his head,

“I broke up with her yesterday actually. A difference in opinions really. She wasn’t liking being with a musician, and I wasn’t liking that she didn’t respect my passion. I’m sure Zacky must appreciate that a lot about you. You seem to understand the celebrity lifestyle very well after being with your brother and his friends so much.” Lauri smiled and watched Ali shrug, 



“I’m so sorry. I’m glad to see you are moving on well though. It’s a hard romance, but we’ve made it work for a year. Once I move I’m hoping it will be easier, because even if the band is gone I will have the rest of the girlfriends to keep me company.” Ali smiled and nodded. Lauri looked over at her and then pulled his head up a little in concern.


“He hasn’t invited you on the road or to shows?” Ali looked at him and shook her head like he was crazy.


“Oh no.....” She laughed, “sometimes Valary might go with them, but Zacky says relationships should not be mixed with work so I just go out and visit when he gets home.” Ali nodded. Lauri nodded as well but inside he felt that was not a good situation.
“You don’t worry about him?”

“All of the time...but I trust him more than anything” Ali smiled and looked at Lauri as she sipped her drink again.

“Well it’s good that you have that much trust in each other. I wish you two the best.” Lauri smiled at her.

“Thank you, Lauri. I’m hoping he will propose soon.” Ali smiled. Lauri’s eyes got big as he listened,

“Getting ready to marry? After a year together? You two must be very confident in what you have!”

“Very, besides my family, everything feels perfect!” 


“Well as I mentioned earlier I wish you two the best of luck.” Lauri paused and noticed that Bam and all of her friends were beginning to walk away, “Listen it looks like your crew is hopping, but I would like to invite you to a sailboat contest. I think my bandmates are planning on going. It’s more of a festival than anything. It’s a tradition in Helsinki. I’d love for you to come.” Ali blushed and looked down, 



“This is my first time in Helsinki, I suppose I should make it the best of it that I can!” Ali smiled and nodded, “I think that sounds like an awesome idea.” Lauri’s face lit up and took out his sharpie.

“Every good celebrity should be armed with one” He smiled and wrote his number on a napkin and handed it to her. “Here you go. I will meet you in front of the Finnish Hilton at noon. We can grab some food too if you’d like. I will show you true Finnish cuisine” Lauri smiled and took her hand, “It was so nice to meet you” he kissed her hand softly, “This time when i was more sober.” He laughed,


“Yah, it was so nice talking to you. I’m really excited about tomorrow.” Ali smiled at him and then looked down at the number before safely tucking it inside of her purse. She got one more good look at him before walking towards her friends.

----------------------

The concert had started. Maja was kicking ass on stage. She was such a true rock and roll glamour girl. She was tough but sexy. Ville looked as if he was in a trance. When Ali ran up next to Nicole she about flipped out on her, 


“There you are!! I was about to go send Dunn after you.” Nicole hugged her, “What were you talking to that bird guy about for so long?” Ali smirked,


“He’s taking me to a festival tomorrow. You should come with us.” Little did Ali know but someone who literally was her big brother was playing a little bit of big brother himself and listening into the conversation.


“A festival?! That sounds like....” All of the sudden Nicole felt a fierce nudge in her shoulder from the direction of Bam. She rubbed her shoulder and looked at Ali, “I think that sounds like an awesome idea and I think you will totally enjoy yourself. I will just chill with Dunn. I wasn’t invited anyway.” Nicole frowned and rubbed her shoulder more and stepped on Bam’s foot happily in revenge. 



“Awww ok, well I’m a little nervous. He seems nice, and he knows Bam so I guess I have nothing to worry about. It should be a lot of fun if it’s one of my brother’s friends.” Ali smiled and looked up at Maja. Her attention was completely taken off Lauri as she jumped to the music and danced to it with her friend Nicole.



Lauri smiled and stood back and watched Ali from a distance. She seemed super sweet. She was quiet, but he was betting that once you got to know her she was a lot of fun. He was pretty quiet himself so he wasn’t too worried. He bit his lip as he was thinking about what he was going to do tomorrow.
“How did it go?” said an eager Aki.

“Fine, she’s going to come with us tomorrow” Lauri said happily as he looked at his friend who was shaking his head,

“Just don’t fuck it up.” Aki said as he looked between Lauri and the band’s performance.

“I won’t. So far it’s going way too easy, I don’t think it’s possible to fuck it up. Plus she’s taken, Aki. I just want to get to know her more.” Lauri said and folded his arms. 

“Sure...” Aki smirked and sipped his beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to get an update up! Writing is happening. Just very slowly!

Finnish:

Moi /Hei = Hello

Lintu= Bird