Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

01

Call her the girl who you couldn't give a damn about. Call her the girl who you can pass and not know her past. Call her The Broken.

"Mommy!" Lacie yelled.
"Lacie honey, come here," her lovely voice echoed around the six year old girl. The little girl ran to her mom, giggling and laughing the whole way. She loved her mom with all her heart.
"Maria!" a man's voice screamed from the other room. Lacie immediately felt her mom tense up.
"Mommy?" Lacie questioned.
"Stay here, baby, mommy will be right back," she smiled. Lacie could see fear in her mom's eyes.
"Mommy? Can I come?" Lacie asked.
"No honey, Mommy and Daddy need to talk," she said, her mom's voice cracking and shaking. Lacie nodded, there was nothing she could do.
"David?" her mother asked quietly. Her dad didn't even answer, all Lacie heard was a 'CRACK.'
"Mommy!" Lacie ran into the other room. What Lacie saw... that image would be with her for the rest of her life. Her mom laying on the floor, still and her dad standing over her laughing.
"Daddy?" Lacie whined.
"C'mere," he growled and ran toward her. Lacie screamed and ran out of that room. She hid in a cabinet, awaiting her father's removal of the house. The door slamed, Lacie cautiously climbed out of the cabinet and made her way to her mother in the other room.
"Mommy!" Lacie screamed.
"Lacie honey, can you go get mommy some ice?" her mother asked, holding her cheek.
"Yeah mommy, I'll be right back, don't move," Lacie ordered in her squeaky voice. Her mom's face cracked a smile. Hurrying into the kitchen, Lacie found a bag and a towel. She dumped ice into the bag. She covered it with the towel and ran back into the other room. She frantically handed it to her mother.
"Thank you baby," her mother cooed.
"Can I sit it your lap, mommy?" she asked.
"Yeah, baby, come here," Maria held out her hands. Lacie climbed into her lap. She hugged her mother with all the strength she could muster.


one month later

Lacie was sleeping in her favorite princess bed when she heard yelling.
"Mommy?" she said, groggily. More yelling. She climbed out of bed, walking slowly to her door. Quietly she opened the door. She walked quickly down the hallway and down the stairs. Her mom was crying. She saw her dad standing over her with a gun. Lacie didn't know what to do. Tears welled up in her eyes. They spilled over.
"Please, think about your daughter. Don't do this David," her mother pleads.

"My daughter?" he rumbled. Lacie could see the tears that dripped from her mother's face.
"Yes," she sobbed looking down at the floor.
"Damn you fucking piss me off," he cocked the gun.
"No! Please don't!" Maria screamed. David didn't listen. He pointed the gun at her and shot without hesitation. The bullet went straight through her head.
"Mommy!" Lacie screamed. She sobbed. Lacie ran over to the dead and bleeding corpse of her mother.
"She's dead, Lacie," David chuckled.
"Why, daddy?" Lacie questioned, never looking away from her mother.
"I wanted her dead. She deserves to be dead. She pissed me off and now I killed her," he droned on and on about how all women should be put in their place. They needed the will beat out of them. This was the day Lacie's spirit broke.
♠ ♠ ♠
hai there please dont be a silen reader! please comment or tell me how much you like/dislike about the story or maybe what you think should be included in it. pleasepleasepleaseplease comment it makes me feel all warm and cozy in side :P