Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

10

It was Cameron. She could tell from his voice. Her breathing faltered.

"Yeah," she mumbled, trying to hide her feelings.

"Good," she could hear a smile in his voice.

"Yeah, they're really nice," she smirked a little.

"Who're you-" started one of them

talking to?" finished the other. She jumped. They were mad silent. Her free hand flew to her chest, right over her heart. Her breathing sped up.

"Lacie?" Cameron murmured over the phone.

"I-I'm fine," she said, "hold on?"

"Sure," he answered immediately. She turned to the guys.

"Your neighbor," her eyes darted between them.

"Cameron?" they asked in unison.

"Yeah," she nodded. Landon held out his hand. She looked at it questioningly.

"Phone," he smirked.

"What're you going to do?" she asked.

"Just let me see it?" he asked. She handed it over, he placed it on his ear.

"Hey, Cameron!" Landon exclaimed. There was a pause, "It's Landon!"

There was a buzz on the other end, like Cameron raised his voice.

"Yeah, yeah! Your neighbor!" his voice dripped with sarcasm. He laughed after a couple minutes.

"Oh why did I take her phone? Well since she's our new sister, I just wanted to look out for her," he smirked. There was no buzz on the end, Cameron must've lowered his voice, "Yeah... I get you. I've noticed too. I promise, I'll try," he smirked into the phone. Then handed it back to her.

"Hello?" she spoke.

"Hey, Lacie," she heard that smile in his voice again.

"Uh... Hey," she said.

"So your brother sounds cool," he stated.

"He's not my brother," she mumbled. Landon and Jayden moved super close to her. They smiled sweetly. It compared nothing to Cameron's. But she still felt weird.

"Who's not your brother?" Landon asked. She looked solidly back at them.

"Y-you?" she ended in a question. Two sets of eyes peered at her, looking hurt.

"You don't think-" Landon started.

"We're your brothers?" Jayden finished. Her heart squeezed. They were just too cute.

"No, no," she said, "of course you guys are my brothers."

They smiled at her, obviously happy with her answer. She turned her attention back to her phone.

"Hey, uh, Cam? I have to go. I'll text you later, kay?" she asked.

"Yeah, no problem, Lacie. I'll talk to you later," he spoke, "Bye."

"Bye," she said, then hung up. She looked back at the guys. They were up to something. She looked at them condescendingly.

"What?" they asked.

"What're you up to?" she asked.

"We have a secret," Landon whispered.

"But we're not sure, if we should tell you," whispered Jayden. She didn't really care about secrets. She has lost all feeling, stopped wondering what life could be like for her if she didn't had the life she did. Something pressed to make it's presence known. She gasped. Falling back onto her bed.

"Lacie, I have a secret for you," whispered her foster father to the now 7 year old Lacie. She looked up at him with huge eyes.

"What, Tony?" she asked, her squeaky voice ringing in the silent house. Amy was out.

"You have to promise me you won't tell Amy," he whispered again. She was curious now.

"Promise," she whispered back, she really wanted to know. He smirked at her, reached his hand out and took hers in his. He pulled her to his bedroom, gradually undoing his belt. Lacie didn't know what was happening.

Roughly he threw her onto the bed.

"Ow! Tony! That was mea-"

A hand was clamped over her mouth. Tony sneered at her. She was confused. What was happening? He leaned down, his face just a couple inches from hers. His breath smelled funny. Like alcohol and... Something else... Something sweet but bitter.

He ripped her pants off, then his.

"This might hurt," he said coldly, finishing what he started


When Lacie was finally pulled back to the present, Landon and Jayden were right in her face, worried expression times two. Jayden reached a hand out and wiped her tears away.

"S-sorry you had to see that," she apologized, looking down and her knees.

"Hey, what was that?" asked Jayden, peaking through her hair.

"Uh... Something that happens when I hear a certain word," she explained. She had only just met these guys, and she was telling them her secret.

"What?" Landon asked, crouching down, like his brother.

"It's nothing," she shook her head. Two sets of arms were rapped around her, anyways. It was a brotherly hug, nothing more, nothing less.

"Lacie," Jayden's voice broke. How she knew, he was on the right, she felt his mouth move.

"We're here," spoke Landon on the left. She started to cry. They moved her to the floor, Jayden taking her and Landon combing his fingers threw her hair. She sobbed into Jayden's chest. He rocked them both back and forth a couple of times.

"Lacie, Lacie, look at me," Jayden demanded silently. She complied, looking up at him. He wiped away her tears, and smiled down at her, "You got us."

"Yeah," piped in Landon. She turned to meet eyes with him. She felt those damn tears again.

"Thank you..." she mumbled, tearing herself from Jayden, and crawling into bed. Both of them looked at her, as if afraid she might break.

"I'm tired," she mumbled, turning away from them. They didn't answer. Landon leaned over, looking at her.

"Night," he smiled, "we're right down the hall if you need us."

It was Jayden's turn to lean over.

"Seriously, come get us if anything happens," he was serious. She nodded, blinking back tears again. He smiled at her, "night, sis."

"Night," she mumbled as they left.

****************************

Lacie was sound asleep, she was having a nice dream about food. She always dreamt of food, when her past wasn't haunting her. The scene abruptly changed. It turned dark.

"Lace!" Jared yelled. He was drunk, she could hear it in the slur of his words. She whimpered a little. Why did Hannah have to go out today?

"Lace!" he screamed again. She didn't answer. She never did. He always got pissed. She heard his noisy foot falls. He wasn't walking normally. He was definitely drunk.

Bursting through her door, he yelled "Hey Lace!"

She was crying. she tried to stay as far from him as possible. It didn't work very often. He cornered her, advancing quickly.

"No," she breathed. He laughed maniacally.

"C'mere," He growled

Lacie screamed-


Lacie snapped back to consciousness, gasping for air.

"Lacie?"

"Lacie!"

She was sitting on her bed, her face buried in her nightie pants. Warm hands were on her shoulders.

"Lacie," whispered a boy, "look at me."

She looked up to one of the twins. It was too dark to see which one.

"What happened?" asked the other on silently, standing along side of the first one.

"N-nightm-mare," she stuttered, shaking rapidly.

"Oh, Lacie," hugged the first one. She sniffled a little, the other one moved closer.

"Hey, come with us," he took her hand, pulling her out of the room. Blindly and numbly she followed. He turned right, abruptly. Her eyes dropped some. She was so sleep deprived.

With every step, her eyes drooped even more. She yawned, sniffled, and with her free hand, wiped away the rest of her tears. They pushed her towards a bed.

"Sleep here," mumbled one of the twins. She tensed up, "don't worry, we'll sleep on the floor." he started to turn away. She didn't let go of his hand. She shook her head in the darkness, hopefully they could see.

"What's wrong?" asked the one she was clamped onto.

"N-no," she shook her head again.

"Where would you like us to sleep?" asked her victim.

"H-here," she stuttered, softly she added, "I-I don't want to be alone."

"Alright," her victim said and crawled towards the wall. Another warmth was placed on the outside, with her in the middle. She sighed, quickly falling asleep.

****************************

Of course all night she was plagued by nightmares, but she kept them to herself. Whenever she woke up, the guys light snores quickly relaxed her and put her back to sleep.

She woke up at one point during the night, and the one on the end was gone. She hyperventilated a bit, before the other one rolled over and placed an arm over her side.

She sighed, quickly falling back asleep.

****************************

Morning came and she was still completely sleep deprived. She didn't want to get up.

"Lacie," whispered a cute voice. She rolled over moaning something unintelligible.

"Lacie," chuckled another voice.

"What?" she whined.

"Your alarm clock is going off. I suppose it's time for you to awake, sleeping beauty," the second voice chuckled again. She rolled onto her back, wrenching her eyes open. What she thought was going to be a ceiling, was actually a set of pretty green eyes.

"Hey,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeyy there, here's chapter 10 for you hope chuu likes it! :D