Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

11

"Oh... My-!" she gasped. He scared the shit out of her! It was Landon. He was laughing at her.

"Did I scare you?" he asked.

"Yeah," she mumbled, sitting up, "What time is it?"

"Five thirty," he nodded. She rubbed her eyes, crawling out of bed. Her silent footfalls were the only sound in the hall. Upon entering her room, she saw Jayden sleeping in her bed. She almost smiled at the sight.

Quietly she pulled her clothes from her closet, heading towards... The... Bathroom... Where is the bathroom? She sighed to herself. As much as she didn't want to do this, she had to.

"Landon?" she poked her head in the door. He was back to sleeping in his bed, curled under the blankets.

"Hmn?" he moaned, not turning his head.

"Where's the bathroom?" she asked quietly.

"Second door from here on your right," he mumbled, sleepily.

"Where're the towels?" she asked again, even more silently.

"They're in the closet, in the bathroom," he mumbled.

"Thanks," she said, moving toward the second door on the right.

****************************

She sighed as she stepped from the shower. She quickly dried off, for she was cold. She got dressed, heading for her room once again. She checked her alarm clock. Six o'clock. The bus came at seven. She walked over to Jayden.

"Jayden," she whispered.

"Hmmmnn," he mumbled.

"Time to get up," she whispered again, touching his shoulder. He started to whine, "What?"

"Your hands are cold!" he exclaimed. She jumped, removed her hands from his shoulder.

"Sorry," she apologized In a small voice.

"Don't," he turned and smiled at her, "do you mind waking up Landon for me?"

"Sure," she nodded, leaving the room. She poked her head in the guys room first, before she walked in. Making sure Landon was still sleeping. He was.

"Landon," she whispered, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Wha?" he didn't even finish the word.

"Time to get up," she whispered.

"Kay, your hands are super cold," he rolled over and smirked at her. She frowned, glaring slightly. He chuckled, getting up.

"Landon!" Jayden screamed, barging through the door.

"What?" he snapped. Jayden smirked.

"Schooooool!" Jayden slurred out the word. Landon smirked at him, pushing Lacie out of the door.

"Gotta get dressed," he mumbled to her, closing the door behind her. She worked her way towards her room, plopping down on the bed. She called Cam.

"Hello?" he answered after the first ring.

"Hey... Uh... It's me," she said silently.

"Oh, hey Lacie," she heard a smile in his voice.

"We all get on the same bus, right?" she asked.

"Yep," he said.

"Okay, cool," she stopped, this pause was super awkward.

"So... I'll... Uh... See you soon?" he ended in a question.

"Yeah," she spoke, "Thanks Cam."

"No problem, Lacie," she heard that smile in his voice, "Bye."

"Bye," she said and ended the call.

"We seriously need to teach her how to talk on the phone," Landon's head shook. Jayden mimicked him.

"Yes, yes we do," he said. She jumped.

"Will you guys knock that off!" she nearly yelled.

"Knock what off?" they asked, in unison.

"You guys are so damn silent, you scare the shit out of me everytime you speak!" she growled. She hasn't been this mad in years.

"Sorry, sis," Jayden put his hands up in a peace treaty like way.

"We didn't mean too," Landon added. Their eyes were sympathetic. Her heart squeezed a little. She didn't mean to yell.

"Sorry, guys," she looked down at her lap, tears coming to her eyes, she continued, "you just scared me, I didn't mean to yell."

"Lacie, it was our fault," Jayden spoke.

"Yeah, hey, we were wrong, we didn't mean to scare you," Landon peaked under her hair. She nodded.

"Sorry," she whispered.

"Don't be," the spoke back. She nodded, crawling to her feet. She didn't get far before the guys were hugging her.

"Sorry," they said.

****************************

Walking out to the bus was interesting, the guys were still arguing, but then Cameron joined in. Lacie wasn't listening to what they were fighting about, she didn't care. Slowly she trailed behind.

The bus was on time. As she was climbing the steps, Jake scared her at the top.

"Hey there, bestie," he chuckled, then turned to Cam, "Mind if she sits with me?"

She was afraid to hear his answer. She stiffened.

"No, go right ahead," Cam said, she glanced back to him, he smiled at her shooing her down the isle. Jacob climbed into the seat first, then Lacie. Cam sat in the seat beside them.

"So, Lacie, how's your new home?" Jacob asked.

"It's great," she almost smiled, "they're real nice."

"Damn right we are!" exclaimed Landon from the seat in front of them. Jacob chuckled.

"I know, you guys" Jacob chuckled, "you guys are my friends right?" he said it like a challenge, sarcastically.

"Fuck yes we are!" they exclaimed in unison. Everyone laughed, well, except for Lacie. She just doesn't think anything's funny anymore.

****************************

The bus pulled up to the school. Jacob, Cam, Jayden, Landon and Lacie all walked off the bus at the same time. Lacie was the first of their group to walk through the front doors. She stopped at her locker, dropping off her hoodie.

Cam was next to her, Jacob on the other side, the twins in the back. In this school, there are much meaner kids then just Ravyn. There was this guy, she never really knew his name, but oh did he know her's.

"Ah! Oh my god! It's Lacie!" he fake gagged, picking up a plastic cup and throwing it at her. It didn't hit her, Jacob snatched it out of the air before it did. Cam was about to go, but Jacob kept him back. He went to the guy.

"Kale, if you ever pull that shit again, I will personally make your life a living hell," he hissed in Kale's ear, grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt.

Jacob was easily a head taller, and a bit buffer than Kale. Kale's hair was a light shade of blonde, whereas Jacob's was light brown. the colors clashed big time. Kale's eyes were brown, dotted with green. His lips were quivering, his hand wrapped around Jacob's wrist.

"Hey, hey, easy man," Kale spoke in a whispery voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long. Busy schedule and all. Sowwie! D: hope you guys like it though. May not be the longest chapter but hey I'll update as soon as possible :D I was also thinking about starring another story, but I'm not sure of the title. It's about this girl who can see ghosts. I was gonna call it 'The Loving Dead' but eehh I was also thinking about the title 'I Can See' which one?