Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

13

"Um... Hey Ebony," Lacie said shyly, "please come in."

"No problem," Ebony smiled at Lacie as she walked through the door.

"So why is it you wanted to come here?" Lacie asked, leading the way to her room.

"I've noticed how everyone was always so mean to you. You never noticed me but I always tried to get people to stop. Of course they never listened. You always seemed cool, you don't care about anything, you're super tolerant, I really wanted to get to know you... But you see..." she trailed off.

"You didn't want your other friends to hate you," Lacie mumbled, "I know the feeling."

"Lacie, that's not what I ment! Actually I was gonna say I was too shy to say 'hi'," Ebony explained. Lacie only nodded.

Lacie opened the door to her room muttering, "This is it."

The look on Ebony's face was all Lacie could see. Her eyes were wide, her mouth in a little 'o' shape, her body stiff, well that is, until she exploded, "ohmigawd! This room is amazing! It's so pretty! And it's huge!"

"Yeah," Lacie nodded, taking the first step into her room. Ebony followed after her, "it's a nice day out, why don't we sit on the balcony?"

"Yes! That would be fantastic!" exclaimed Ebony. Before Lacie could take another step, two guys voices caught her off guard.

"Who do we have here?" they said in unison. Lacie jumped.

"Oh hey guys!" Ebony must've turned to their voices.

"Ebony!" exclaimed Jayden, Lacie has found out that Jayden has a deeper voice then Landon.

"Hey," Lacie could hear a smile in her voice.

"I heard you guys were going out to the balcony, mind if we tag along?" asked Landon this time. Lacie was about to speak, but Ebony beat her to it.

"Actually guys, mind if we be alone? Maybe next time, Kay?" she asked.

"Sure no problem," shrugged the guys, they left. Lacie continued her journey to the balcony. As she opened the door, she looked back to Ebony. She was right next to her. Lacie jumped a little then went out the doors.

Lacie hasn't been out here yet. She didn't know what it looked like. There were cute little porch chairs. Four of them. Lacie took up residence on the one on the far right. Ebony, right next to her.

"So tell me about yourself," Ebony turned to Lacie.

"I-I'd rather not," Lacie stuttered.

"Do you want me to start?" asked Ebony.

"Uhm... Sure," Lacie nodded.

"Okay, well I have two parents. My dad's name is Jason, my mom's name is Molly. I look like my mom. Like seriously, twin. My dad has pretty sky blue eyes that are even brighter in the sun. His hair is bright red and he's super tall. I have an older brother and a younger brother. The older one's name is Ace and the younger one is Favian."

"Wow that's a pretty name," Lacie mumbled.

"Right?" she giggled and continued, "my favorite color is baby blue. I prefer dogs over cats. I actually have two dogs. One's a Great Dane and the other is a Basenji-"

"What's a Basenji?" Lacie cut in, but quickly added a, "sorry."

"No it's okay!" she smiled pulling out her phone. She pulled something up on her phone, "this is a Basenji."

"Wow," Lacie breathed. This dog was super skinny but really pretty. The orange and white didn't really blend it was like pure coloring book lines. Its tail was curled. Its ears were pointy.

"Pretty huh?" asked Ebony.

"Yeah," nodded Lacie.

"Okay, to continue, my type of music is pop and rock, and I guess a little bit of industrial. It can't be hardcore, I don't have many friends. I usually stay out of the in crowd. Don't like that shit," she shrugged, "I'm having a little trouble in school, not really an A student, per say, but I'm passing."

"I could help you," Lacie said. Lacie was a straight A student.

"You would?!" exclaimed Ebony, eyes wide, lips pulled up in a smile.

"Yeah, why not," Lacie shrugged. Ebony squealed.

"Ah! Thank you!" she hugged Lacie. Lacie awkwardly wrapped her arms around Ebony.

"You're welcome," she answered, pulling away.

"So it's your turn," she smiled.

"I don't want to be a killjoy," Lacie explained.

"How would you be a killjoy?" asked Ebony.

"I haven't really had a perfect life," Lacie explained.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Ever since I was five I've been an orphan. My mother was abused and killed by my father. No one knew it was him. He lied through his teeth. Once we were alone. He abused me. Finally he slipped up, and hit me in public. Someone called the police and got him in trouble.

"He didn't go easily. He fought the officer, and the guy ended up shooting my dad. He died in front of me. I didn't cry, I was actually happy. I know I should've been upset, but he never really loved me... I was free.

"The officer asked me if my mother was around. I told him she was dead. He looked at me sympathetically and took me to the orphanage. I didn't associate with anyone there. I kept to myself. I was an easy target.

"I was adopted twice and both of those times I was beat by my fathers. And not just physically, sexually," Ebony gasped, Lacie continued, "I was fostered too many times to count... Some of them were great. They treated me like a real person.

"But most of them were abusive as well. Whenever the wives went out is when they'd abuse me. The wives never knew. The guys would always threaten me to keep quiet. My latest foster mom was Jaymie Cross. It was a nice place. She was real nice. But it ended too soon. I was transferred here.

"It's amazing here. I love it and now I just found out, I'm getting adopted," her eyes watered, "I'm sorry to have told you my whole life story. I know it's horrible..."

"I-I'm so sorry, Lacie," Ebony's voice cracked. Lacie shook her head.

"S'not your fault," Lacie mumbled. Before she knew it, a set of arms were wrapped around her. Ebony was crying, "Why're you crying?"

"You've had such a hard life, and everybody was giving you hell. I'm so sorry. I should've tried harder to make them stop," she sobbed. What Ebony said made a wave of anguish wash over Lacie. She started to cry too.

When they pulled away, Lacie pushed her knees to her chest and cried some more. Ebony sniffed.

"Lacie, I'm here for you," Ebony said.

"Thank you. Thank you so much," Lacie looked her in the eyes. Sincere.

"I'm sorry to have made you say that and relive it all," Ebony apologized.

"No, no, it's fine, actually, it feels nice to get it off my chest," Lacie explained. Ebony nodded. Her phone started to ring. Ebony picked it up.

"Hello?" she paused in waiting for the answer, "oh hey mom. What's up?"

Another pause. She sighed, rolling her eyes, "okay mom, I'll be out," she hung up, "in sorry, girl, I have to go home. I'll see you tomorrow. I promise."

"Okay," she wiped her eyes. Ebony hugged her once more, then left. Lacie sat there and watched the clouds, before the guys came to find her.

"Hey, Ebony's face was all red, were you guys fighting?" asked Landon.

"No, I... Uh... Told her about my past..." she trailed off.

"Your past?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long school took precedence.. Sowwie! D: hope you like it though. We learned a lot more about Lacie than just her dreams. Hope you guys like it! :D