Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

15

"Did you stay up all night? She asked in a small voice.

"Nope," he smirked at her. She knew he was lying to her.

"You're lying," she pulled away, yawning. Landon chuckled, "Where's Jayden?"

"He went to your room. This bed isn't really a three person bed, so," he shrugged. Lacie looked down to the bed.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"No! No! That's not what I ment!" Landon said. Lacie left the bed, walking to her room. She woke the sleeping Jayden up.

"Jayden?" she gently shook his shoulder.

"Hm?" his head flew off her pillow, she startled him.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"For what?" he asked sleepily.

"For kicking you out of the bed... Twice," she spoke softly. After her comment, Jayden woke up.

"You didn't kick me out!" he exclaimed, "It just got hot," he chuckled.

"Hot?" she asked.

"Yeah. You know three people in close proximities plus body heat equals a very sweaty Jayden escaping somewhere else," he explained.

"Oh," Lacie said. Jayden nodded, smiling at her. Lacie nodded, turning to leave.

"Oh and Lacie," Jayden stopped her before she exited the room. She turned around, "I came to get you around three this morning. But you were talking to someone. If you don't mind me asking... Who was it?"

Lacie's eyes watered. He had heard her.

"Uhm... I was talking to my mother," Lacie said softly, wiping her tears from her eyes.

"Oh, Lacie I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," Lacie cut in.

"Well it's just that..." he paused, "I heard you talking about us. And that we're adopting you. Made me smile to know that you are excited to live with us."

Lacie almost smiled,"Thanks... Jayden."

"You're welcome," Jayden smiled easily at her.

"Jayden time for school," Landon spoke tightly to his brother.

"Landon? What"s the matter?" Jayden asked. Lacie turned around. She could tell he was mad at her. He looked her in the eyes. His gaze softened.

"Just tired is all," Landon shrugged a bit.

"I'm sorry," she left the room, brushing passed Landon.

"No, Lacie wait," Landon called after her, she turned at the sound of her name, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Lacie's lips tilted a little. Landon smiled back at her lame attempt.

****************************
School was as slow as usual. All the guys fawning over her. She kinda liked it. Made her feel normal for a change. Ebony was sick.

"Lacie!" a boy yelled. She knew this voice. Jacob. As she turned, Jacob scooped her up into a big bear hug. Spinning her in circles.

"Jacob!" Lacie squealed. A normal girl would be laughing, but here again Lacie has lost the ability to laugh and smile.

Jacob set her softly on the ground, "I missed you!" he exclaimed giving her a cute smile. She loved this smile. So bad did she want to smile at him. And she tried. Jacob chuckled.

"All in due time, Lacie," Jacob leaned into her, lowering his voice so only she could hear. Lacie nodded. She knew what they were doing. Trying to morph her back into a regular girl. She hoped it worked too.

****************************
Jacob

"Lacie!" Jacob exclaimed. Lacie turned, her gorgeous blonde hair swinging with the movement. She was smiling. Her smile was amazing.

"Jacob!" Lacie laughed. Her laugh was beautiful. She was beautiful. Jacob started toward her. Lacie didn't shy away, wasn't nervous, she didn't stutter. She was fixed, and Jacob was the one that did it. With every step the scenery became darker.

Lacie grew nervous, she stuttered, shied away from him. But it wasn't him. She was looking over his shoulder. He turned around. A man, Jacob knew as Lacie's father, was standing behind him. He heard Lacie whimper.

Jacob turned back around. She was backing away, her knees buckling inwards, almost falling to the ground.

"No!" she sobbed, "No, no, no."

"Lacie," Jacob said. She didn't hear him, couldn't hear him. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw movement. He turned. The man was running towards Lacie. Jacob threw himself in front of her, trying to save her. It was all null and void, he went straight through him.

"No!" screamed Jacob.


Jacob's head flew up. He had fallen asleep in Spanish class.

"Mr. Jacob Daniels," Mrs. Kaman called on him.

"Hm," he grunted.

"What's the answer?" she asked.

"To what?" Jacob yawned.

"The question I just asked," the teacher said again.

"I didn't catch it," Jacob looked solidly into her eyes. This lady was old! She's been here for eternity.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know I was cutting into your nap time," she spoke in mock sympathy.

"Oh okay thanks, so that means I can go back to sleep?" Jacob shot back. Now Mrs. Kaman was fuming.

"I will give you ten minutes, to get the answer to my question. If by then you don't have that answer, I am talking to your coach," Mrs. Kaman threatened. Jacob stiffened.

"Okay okay, Jesus," he breathed, "Lacie," he whispered. The poor girl jumped. Slowly she turned to face him.

"Yes?" she whispered back. He barely heard her.

"What was the question?" he asked.

"Yo cepillo el pero" Lacie spoke flawlessly. Jacob had no idea what she had said. He blinked at her a couple times. Patiently she added, "it means 'I brush the dog' you need to put it into reflexive form," she whispered.

"Okay so it would be yo...-"

"No yo," Lacie corrected silently.

"Okay so it would be 'me... cepillo el... pelo?'" he asked, unsure of himself.

"Yeah," she nodded, her eyes sparkling. Jacob smiled at her.

"Thanks," Jacob smiled.

"You're welcome," Lacie nodded, turning around again.

"I got the answer!" Jacob yelled while Mrs. Kaman was talking. Mrs. Kaman stopped.

"Who do you think you are?" Mrs. Kaman demanded of him.

"Um it's Jacob, or better known as Jose?" Jacob told. Mrs. Kaman glared so hard at him, he didn't shy away. Lacie turned around again

"Jacob," Lacie whispered. He looked at her, his lips turning up a bit, "Please... Just cooperate? Please? I hate to see you in trouble..." She whispered, her eyes sparkled as if she was about to cry. Jacob felt bad for making her worry. He nodded.

"I'm sorry," he whispered back.

"It's okay," she swiped at her eyes. He smiled as she turned around.

Jacob raised his hand.

"What Jacob?" Mrs. Kaman snapped.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you were talking," Jacob apologized.

"Okay well then what's the answer?" Mrs. Kaman asked, already calmed down.

"It's 'Me cepillo el pelo', Jacob recapped.

"Good!" she exclaimed. Jacob smiled, she won't be talking to coach Bleuman. He sighed inwardly. He wrote on a piece of paper.

It said:

Lacie, how about you come home with me? We have some catching up to do. Please?

He folded the paper, waiting until Mrs. Kaman turned around. When she did he quickly slid the paper over Lacie's shoulder and it fell. She jumped. He immediately felt sorry. He didn't mean to scare her.

Before Mrs. Kaman noticed anything, Lacie took the paper, folded it into a small square and waited.

"Okay class break into groups we're going to do some group work," Mrs. Kaman said, walking toward the back of the room. Quickly Lacie opened the note. She read it, wrote on it, then slipped it over her shoulder. It landed with a light rustling noise on his desk.

He heard the teacher approaching. Jacob reached for the paper, hiding it from her. With her back turned to him, he quickly read the note. It said:

Sure. But I have to talk to Landon and Jayden first. They have to tell Nicole.

Jacob smiled. He didn't write back. Afraid he might get her in trouble.

****************************

Lacie

Lacie was settled in her chair. Her mind was racing. She was going home with Jacob tonight. The bell rung. Lacie gathered her things, vaguely aware that someone was standing over her. She looked up, expecting Jacob, but it was Kale. Lacie stiffened. She knew this guy didn't like her.

"Uhm, hey," Kale scratched the back of his head.

"Hi," Lacie said silently, breaking eye contact with him. Lacie heard rustling behind her. Jacob was still packing up.

"Um, I just wanted to apologize for the way I've been acting..." Kale said softly. Lacie glared at him.

"I'm sorry but I don't think an apology is enough," Lacie said briskly, wrenching to her feet. She walked to the desk behind hers waiting for Jacob.

"I'll just be a second," Jacob spoke to her. She nodded. She could still feel Kale standing behind her.

"Lacie I-"

"No," she cut in. She wasn't used to the anger she was feeling toward this guy. But she knew where it was coming from. Ever since she moved here, he's harassed her, "you have to prove it to me."

"How?" he asked.

"Stay away from me. For at least a month. Prove to me you can keep your actions and the actions of your friends in check. One slip up and your chance is blown. I don't expect to be best friends with you, just on the level of respect you give everyone else," Lacie looked him in the eyes. She was completely serious.

Jacob was watching them. He smirked at her, Lacie just caught it out of the corner of her eye. Jacob got up. Kale looked torn.

"Thank you , Lacie, I'll do whatever I can," and with that, he left.

"I'm proud of you, you know," Jacob smiled down at her.

"That kid has done some mean things to me. His friends too. I just want some peace is all," she spoke, watching the flow of the students just outside the Spanish room door.

"Like what?" Jacob asked. She looked at him. He was truly concerned.

"Before the cup incident, he threw jell-o in my hair, he pushed me into a wall, tore my favorite hoodie, broke my favorite bracelet, threw my things often, took-"

"Okay," Jacob cut in, "I just might kill him now."

"Please don't start anything," she begged. Jacob must have heard the plea in her voice because he nodded.

"If he ever does any of that again, tell me. I will put a stop to it," he pledged.

"Thanks," Lacie nodded, smiling slightly.

"Welcome," Jacob smirked, "was that a smile I saw?" Jacob poked her in the cheek.

"No," she looked away.

"I think it was," Jacob laughed then gasped, "Lacie we need to hurry we're going to be late."

He grabbed her by the elbow, gently but quickly pulling her along to their fifth period class, Biology. She followed at command. She had no time to drop off her books and she wasn't about to throw them in her bag. Makes her bag heavy as hell!

Good thing the twins were in her next period class. She needed to talk to them.

"Hey Landon, Jayden?" Lacie asked, passing the desk of her old best friend Macy. She didn't look her way, but she felt Macy looking at her. She didn't give a rats' ass. That girl betrayed her.

"Yes?" they said at the same time. It was uncanny how in tune they were.

"I'm getting off the bus with Jacob tonight, can you tell your mom-"

"Our mom," Landon cut in. Lacie sighed.

"Our mom, that I'm sleeping over at Jacob's? Since tomorrow's Saturday I figure Jacob's mom can take me home tomorrow?" she said it as if she was asking their approval.

"Sure, we can tell mom. She won't do much, but she expects you to text her when you're about to go to bed," Jayden explained.

"Not a problem," Lacie spoke quietly, "uhm but I don't have her number?"

"Oh here," Jayden wrote down her number on a piece of paper. Immediately Lacie put it in her phone. Okay I'll text her when I'm about to go to bed."

"Okay," they smiled.

"Oh my gawd! Look at that whore!" Macy exclaimed looking straight at Lacie. Jacob growled.

"Shut the hell up, Macy. Grow up," Jacob spat at her. Macy blushed when Jacob spoke to her.

"Jacob," Lacie whispered. Jacob leaned down while she whispered in his ear, "I think she likes you."

"What makes you say that?" Jacob asked at normal volume.

"I'll explain later," Lacie rolled her eyes. boys, she thought.

****************************

She left the school walking towards her bus. Cameron was in front of her, leading the way. Jacob was next to her chatting about something. Lacie had zoned out.

"Lacie? Lacie," Jacob waved his hand in front of her face. Lacie flinched, "sorry."

"What?" Lacie blinked.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," Jacob apologized.

"S'okay," Lacie mumbled.

"So are you excited to come over?" Jacob smiled.

"Yeah," Lacie nodded.

"Hey Jane," Cameron smiled. Jane nodded.

"Hey Jane," Jacob mimicked. Again Jane nodded.

"Hello," Lacie said softly.

"Hello Lacie," Jane smiled. Quietly Lacie followed the guys. Before she sat down with the guys, someone slammed into her back, wrapped their arms around her waist, lifting her up. She squeaked.

"Landon put her down," Jacob chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! School ^^" hope chuu likes it :D