Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

02

She ran. Ran until her lungs burned, until her legs felt like jelly. But she couldn't stop, wouldn't stop. A man, her father, is after her, she has to keep moving. To keep running. He can't catch her. She tripped, landed on her face. She knew she had lost. She didn't move, didn't speak. She just layed there and awaited her fate.
Footsteps come closer.
Closer.
Closer still.
She tensed. The footsteps stopped. She knew he was standing over her. The shadow of a hand reaching for her was what she saw. Tears spilled from her eyes. By her hair she was wrenched up to her feet, with a hand colliding with the right side of her face.
"Please," she sobbed, "don't do this."
"Shut up," her father growled. The tears quickened. Her father rose his hand again. She closed her eyes, tensed up her whole body. She waited for the final blow.


Lacie's eyes shot open. Her face coated with sweat, eyes wet with tears. Her hair is stuck to her face. It takes a couple minutes for her to slow her breathing down, by then she was glancing at the alarm clock on her bedside table. 3:45 a.m.
fuck.
Lacie leaned over the edge of her bed and pulled out a razor. She needed this, needed it to calm her nerves. With a shaky hand she ran the razor over the exposed flesh of her wrist. The pain was great. Tears fell from her eyes, but she smiled nonetheless. She breathed. Long and deep, then gently she layed her head down.

-BEEP-

The alarm clock's shrill ring echoed around her room. She sighed, slowly coming to.
"Lacie! Time to get up!" her foster mom's voice drifted up to the second floor, where Lacie's room was located.
"I am up!" she yelled back. Her foster mom didn't know about her or her past. She was just fostering her until she can find a home of her own. Lacie has been really careful not to get to attached to her foster mom. She doesn't want the same fate upon her foster mom, as was her real mom.
Lacie quickly threw on a black shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. She then threw on a hoodie. She grabbed her Ipod, hurried out of her room and down stairs to grab a quick breakfast before she left for school.
"Lace, why don't you sit down this morning?" Jaymie, her foster mom, asked.
"Please don't call me Lace," Lacie mumbled. She quickly grabbed a bagel, already made, and scurried out the door.
Slowly, Lacie walked to the end of her foster parents driveway, where her bus stop started. In mere minutes, the bus arrived. It was so noisy, Lacie heard it from a mile away. Reluctantly, Lacie climbed the stairs of the bus. She made her way to the back seat. Lacie popped in an ear bud and blasted Black Veil Brides. The screamo helped numb the pain some. She threw her hood onto her head and scrunched down in the seat, away from the probing eyes of the other students on the bus.

Lacie felt the bus jerk to a stop. She knew it stopped at the school. Lacie couldn't give a fuck, but she had to get off. She easily slid the Ipod into the front pocket of her hoodie, not stopping the music, and walked off the bus. She walked into the school and straight to her locker. There was a new guy, and he was staring right at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi hi sorry to have left you with just the "new guy" it's going to get a little sappy and cheesy in the few chapter to come. will edit later if necessary but i want a couple comments first pwease! :)