Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

03

Lacie reached her locker in record time. She chanced a glance back at the new kid. He was mere feet from her. She was afraid he would do something. Just as quickly as she looked, she turned back around. With a tremulous hand, she dialed her locker combination. The door swung open easily. She grabbed her books, scurrying into her homeroom around the corner. The boy followed her.
Why is he following me? she thinks. Just as she was going to confront this boy, he tapped her on the shoulder. She was forced to turn her music down to hear him.
"Hi," he said. His red, brown locks hanging limp over his ears.
"Hi," she looked around frantically trying to find something to get him away from her.
"What's your name?" he asked, his gorgeous blue eyes searching hers.
"Lacie, yours?" she countered, not looking into his eyes.
"Cameron," he smiled. Lacie's breath got caught up in her throat.
His smile... she thought.
"I'm new here," Cameron continued.
"Welcome," Lacie mumbled. He chuckled.
"Thanks," he flashed that smile again. Lacie took in a shaky breath.
"Want to sit?" he asked, cautiously, probably not wanting to set her off.
"Uh, sure," Lacie spoke. Cameron walked in front of her, leading the way to seats in the corner of the classroom. Cameron slid into the seat on the right of the seat in the corner. Lacie slid into her favorite seat, the one in the corner.
"So," Cameron said.
"Hm?" Lacie looked up from her desk. She didn't want to be talking to this boy. She was always paranoid around guys, thanks to what her father did.
"How long have you been here?" he asked.
"A year or two," she mumbled, "I'm being fostered by Jaymie Cross."
"Fostered?" Cameron asked.
"Yeah," Lacie nodded, looking back at her desk.
"I'm being fostered too," Cameron said, quietly. Lacie looked up, suddenly interested in what he had to say, "When I was born, my parents didn't want me... so they dropped me off at the orphanage. Little did I know, nobody would want me. Every foster home I've went to, they always gave me back."
"Cameron, I'm sorry, really I am," Lacie said, sincerely.
"Thanks, Lace," he smiled a little.
"Please, don't call me Lace," her eyes welled up. Those demon tears betrayed her. One fell.
"Lacie?" Cameron asked, leaning closer.
"Please, just please, don't call me Lace," Lacie begged.
"I won't I promise. Lacie are you alright?" he asked. Lacie shook her head. The visions of her past, hitting her like a freight train.

"Lace!" Lacie's adopted father's voice echoed behind her. He was drunk again, Hannah wasn't home to save her tonight. Without a peep, she curled into a ball, awaiting her fate. Just like every night, Jared burst into her room. He grabbed her by the hair. Why always the hair? He hit her in the face, in the gut, in the face again. Still holding her by the hair, he starts to unbuckle his pants.
"You will think twice before ignoring me again," Jared growled in her ear. Lacie started to whimper.
"Please," she sobbed, "don't do this."
"Be quiet, you damn girl. You're fucking nothing to me. You're just my toy," Jared said. His voice became deeper more husky. Lacie started to cry.


"Lacie!" a boys sweet voice was calling her. She jerked her head to the right. She hadn't moved. Lacie stared in front of her, not seeing anything.
"Lacie? Are you alright?" Cameron asked, softly. Lacie then realized she wasn't breathing. She gasped, shaking her head.
"Lacie, talk to me," Cameron said, talking softly. He reached for her shoulder. Lacie jerked away.
"Please... d-don't t-t-touch me," she ordered, shaking in her seat.
"Why do you bother with this girl, she's a freak," another boy from her homeroom spoke to Cameron. What was is name, Ravyn? That's it.
"Buzz off," Cameron turned back to me.
"Fuck you," Ravyn walked back to his group of friends.
"Lacie, take deep breaths," Camron ordered. Lacie abided by his order, taking long, deep breaths, trying to calm her nerves. She needed to go to the bathroom. She stood up, hurrying to the door.
"Miss Lacie Adams, where do you think you're going?" Mrs. Miller asked.
"T-the b-bathroom. I-it's an e-e-emergency," she stuttered.
"Alright go, Mr. Cameron Lee, go with her," Mrs. Miller ordered.
"Alright," Camron noded, ushering Lacie out the door. She all but sprinted to the bathroom.
"Be careful, Lacie," Cameron murmured behind her. Lacie didn't answer. She took over a stall and pulled out her razor blade. With a shaky hand, she drew a line of blood on the open flesh of her wrist. She smiled as her nerves finally calmed some. Wiping the blood from her skin she walked out.
"How're you feeling?" Cameron asked.
"Fine now," Lacie spoke.
"Good," Cameron stated.
"Lacie Adams!"