Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

04

"Lacie Adams!"
Lacie tensed. She didn't recognize this voice.
"Lacie, I have to tell you something, honey, please turn around," the woman ordered. Slowly, Lacie turned. It was the office lady. Miss Beth.
"What happened now?" Lacie asked. She has come to expect bad things to happen when somebody wanted to tell her something. Her stomach twisted and turned. She was nervous.
"Lacie, you're being transferred to a different foster home," the lady said.
"Am I moving out of the district?" She asked, nonchalantly.
"No, honey, you will be going home on your normal bus tonight, but tomorrow your new foster mom will pick up your stuff tomorrow morning and you will go home on bus 6 tomorrow afternoon," Miss Beth explained.
"Hey, that's my bus," Cameron piped in, "What stop will she be getting off at?"
"Stop 3," Miss Beth said, without hesitation.
"Oh, okay, don't worry Lacie, I'll tell you when to get off, 'kay?" Cameron asked, smiling. Lacie stopped breathing.
"Yeah, okay," she mumbled. He chuckled again.

Great, just great, first that Cameron kid followed her everywhere and now she has to move out of her foster mom's house.
"I'm home," Lacie said to herself.
"We're in here Lacie!" Jaymie called from the kitchen. She could hear a boys' voice. She knew this voice. Cameron. Lacie trudged to the kitchen.
"Hey Lacie," Cameron waved.
"Hey Cam," she said back. Did I just call him Cam?! Cameron laughed. Lacie scowled.
"So Jaymie, beautiful house you have here," Cameron said, looking around.
"Thank you, Cameron!" Jaymie gushed.
"I heard I'm being transferred," Lacie spoke, quietly, changing the subject.
"Lacie, honey, I had no choice in this matter. You're six months are up. They won't let me keep you any longer without adopting you, and I have two other kids to feed plus my husband. I am so sorry Lacie," Jaymie looked down, ashamed.
"Jaymie, please don't be sad. I'm still in the district, maybe I could come see you sometime," Lacie voiced softly.
"Lacie, I would love to have you over. Just make sure you call me first, okay?" Jaymie asked.
"Yeah, sure," Lacie nodded, "Uh, I'm going to my room. I have to pack... Cam? Do you want to come with?" God damn it! Why do I keep doing that?! Cameron smiled.
"Sure," he laughed. Lacie led the way to her room, opening the door for Cameron to walk into.
"This is it," she mumbled, walking to her bed. She removed her Ipod from her pocket and took off her hoodie. Her long blonde hair fell over her shoulder. She caught Cameron staring at her.
"What?" she demanded. He blushed a slight pink.
"Nothing," he looked away, his blush deepened, "Uh, where do we start?"
"I got the closet, if you don't mind, could you run back downstairs and grab, maybe like... two/three boxes?" Lacie asked, quietly, ready for the rejection.
"Yeah, where are they?" he asked. Lacie started breathing again.
"Jaymie will give them to you," Lacie spoke.
"Okay, I'll be right back," Cameron said. Lacie nodded. She was going to miss this place. She let her feet carry her over to the closet. When she racked open the door, Cameron was back.
"I brought three just in case..." Cameron stopped. Lacie was crying, "Lacie? Are you alright?"
"Yeah," she sniffled, wiping away her tears. Cameron walked over.
"Lacie, look at me," he ordered. That voice is so irresistible, she had to comply. Her feet dragged the few steps she had to take. When facing Cameron he slowly put his hands on her shoulders. When she didn't pull away, he tugged her into a hug. She felt so safe, she hugged him back.
"You're safe now, Lacie, relax and sleep well," Cameron pulled away, "I'm only a phone call away."
"I don't have your phone number," she squeaked.
"Give me your phone," he ordered. She abided by his order and handed over her Android Desire. He tapped the screen a couple times, then handed it back to her.
"Now you do," he smiled.
"Thank you," she smiled back.
"You should smile more," Cameron's smile widened, "I'll be here for you, like your savior."
♠ ♠ ♠
hey hey sorry it gets a little cheesy at the end. i just had to add that :) comment for me tell me things, good or bad it helps a lot :D