Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

05

Cameron

As Cameron walked out of Lacie's room, he couldn't stop thinking about Lacie.
There's something different about her. She's distressed. She shares a similar past with me. maybe that's it... Cameron thought.
"I'll see you tomorrow Lacie, remember I'm only a phone call away," he spoke softly.
"Bye, Cam," she waved slightly. Cameron smiled. He has a nickname, from the most beautiful he's ever seen. Cameron didn't want to leave. Maybe he didn't have to.
"Hey, Jaymie?" Cameron asked, stopping in the door way of the kitchen.
"Yes, Cameron?" Jaymie looked up from her magazine.
"Could I crash here tonight? I could call my foster mom and she can bring me some over night stuff. You don't even have to make me breakfast, I don't eat breakfast," he smiled sheepishly.
"Well only if your foster mom says it's okay, honey," Jaymie said.
"Thank you," Cameron smiled. He ran out of the room to call his foster mom for permission.

Lacie

Lacie and Cameron finished packing up her closet. Without looking at her he walked toward the door.
"I'll see you tomorrow Lacie, remember I'm only a phone call away," he spoke softly. Lacie didn't know what to do, so she waved slightly.
"Bye Cam," she voiced. Damn... Cameron smiled, as if pleased by the mishap of her words. Then his expression changed. It looked like he didn't want to leave. But he did. She heard him walk down the wooden steps. His boots colliding noisily.
On edge, Lacie started to pace. She never paces. She paced the length of the room. Downstairs, she heard Jaymie and Cameron talking. Later she heard the familiar, yet noisy, footfalls of Cameron. He knocked twice.
"Yeah, come in," Lacie murmured.
"Hey," he said softly.
"I thought you were going home," she asked, her back turned to him.
"I was, but I asked Jaymie if I could stay the night. It's getting too late for me to walk home," he explained.
"Where are you going to sleep?" she asked, still refusing to meet his eyes.
"Here on the floor if you don't mind," he spoke. In his voice, there was something, trying to make it's presence known. He was pleading her, he really wanted to stay tonight.
"Yeah, that's fine," she said simply.
"Cameron! Maria's here!" Jaymie yelled up the steps. Lacie tensed at that name. Her mother's name.
"Lacie? Do you want to come with?" Cameron asked.
"U-uh... sure..." Lacie found it was hard to speak. A lump formed in her throat. Confusion formed on Cameron's face. Lacie just shook her head. He shrugged and led the way to the front door.
"Maria, this is Lacie," Cameron introduces.
"Hello, Lacie," Maria smiled warmly. Lacie took a deep breath. This was not her mother.
"Hello Maria," Lacie said, trying to look as though the name didn't do anything to her heart.
"So Cameron, you're staying with her tonight?" Maria asked.
"Yes, ma'am," Cameron smiled.
"Alright, honey, here's your stuff. Have a goodnight," Maria smiled once more, then walked back to her Honda accord.
"Bye Maria!" Cameron yelled.
"Bye," Lacie said to herself.
"Bye!" Jaymie nearly sang.
"C'mon, Lacie, let's go get set up," Cameron tugged on her sleeve.
"Do you need any blankets hun?" Jaymie asked.
"No but thank you, Jaymie," Cameron shot her his famous smile. Jaymie's eyes shined.
"Alright, you too behave," Jaymie called after them.
"We will," Cameron waved back, smiling.

"No please don't!" Lacie yelled covering her face.
"Shut the hell up you fucking girl! No one's here to save you!" The drunken man whispered in her ear. He ran his hands up and down the girl.
"Get off of me!" she shoved the horny man off, darting out of the house. She was searching for a place to hide, to be safe for the night. She didn't want this life. Didn't want anything to do with anybody. Why her? Why Lacie Adams? She slowed, looking around in the dark. The man was so quick he caught her. Harshly he grabbed her by the arm, squeezing as hard as he could. He hit her repeatedly, never stopping. The final blow-


Lacie sat up quickly, driving away the later nightmare. Cameron sat up in her bed.
"Lacie?" he asked groggily. Lacie couldn't speak. Her voice stuck in her throat. Cameron reached for her. His soft gentle touch eased her nerves a little, "Lacie, are you alright?"
"N-no," she gasped.
"What's the matter?" he asked, worry leaking through.
"B-bad dream," she gasped again.
"C'mere," Cameron opened his arms. Lacie looked at them, almost turning away. She crawled into his arms, exhausted.
"Sleep, Lacie, I'll be here in the morning, I promise," Cameron murmured. He laid her down, pulling her close. Lacie sighed, content in the arms of this boy she only met yesterday.
♠ ♠ ♠
hiya there :) comment pweeese or maybe some subs<3 you know i love you guys and if you comment or subscribe i will love even more and keep updating! :D i want at least 5 comments before i update chapter 6 sorry to be mean but that's the only way