Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

07

As the door to the school opened, Lacie was overwhelmed by the people who stared at her. Approaching her locker was interesting. Traveling closely behind was Cameron, and behind him was Ravyn and his groupies.

As she opened her locker, Cameron snapped around at Ravyn. Silently, Lacie listened in.

"Why are you following us," growled Cameron.

"'Cause I can," Ravyn leveled off a steady glare right back at him. Slowly, without trying to get in the middle of their confrontation, she reached for her hoodie. Cam let go of it easily, never looking away from Ravyn. Lacie hung up her hoodie, threw the books she needed in her bag, and started for her homeroom, saying nothing to the two boys arguing. They must've noticed her.

"Where're you going?" asked Cam, as he approached her, leaving Ravyn where he stood. Hesitantly he followed after.

"To homeroom," she mumbled, not looking at him.

"What's wrong?" he tilted his head to the side, his red-brown locks falling in his eyes.

"I-I don't like fights..." she trailed off, playing with the hem of her bag. His eyes turned sympathetic.

"I'm sorry, Lacie," he looked down. She didn't answer.

****************************

In homeroom, every few seconds she caught herself looking at him. Just small little glances. She didn't think he caught on, but apparently he knew. He smirked, not looking at her. She blushed.

Looking forward waiting for the bell to ring, she was serene, calm, unexpecting. A folded piece of paper was thrown onto her desk. She jumped, looking to where the paper came from. Ravyn. He smirked at her.

Slowly, she opened the note. In boyish scrawl it said:

You look REALLY pretty. I'm sorry for all the horrible things I've said. I hope you can forgive me. Maybe we could hang out sometime? I mean if you forgive me that is. I really hope it is a yes though.

~Ravyn

Slowly she wrote under that paragraph:

I forgive you.

She asked the kid next to her, politely, if she could hand this to Ravyn. The girl gave her a condescending look, look the paper, kind of harshly, and handed it to Ravyn.

Excitedly he opened the note, smiling at it's contents. Before he could do more then click his pen, the bell rang. Quickly, she gathered her things and went to first period.

"Lacie!" a honeysuckle, sweet as pie, voice drifted to her ears. Cameron. She stopped, helpless against this voice. He caught up to her, "wait up," he panted and chuckled at the same time.

"Sorry," she mumbled, shuffling along when he finished. He matched her stride, easily keeping up with her.

"What happened to you, Lacie? What made you this way?" he asked silently. She almost answered, when the thought dawned on her that he might've been talking to himself. She never did answer, and he never asked again.

Cameron

"What happened to you, Lacie? What made you this way?" he mumbled to himself. It looked as though she was about to answer. Quickly and subtly she stopped herself, never answering him. He didn't think she heard him. He didn't want her to hear him.

****************************

"Okay, Lacie, are you ready?" asked Cameron, to the fidgeting Lacie next to him. They were a few feet away from her new bus. Slightly she nodded, sucking in a steadying breath. He smiled at her new found confidence.

He held his hand out for her. She griped it tightly, trailing behind as he tugged her easily to his bus, "Jane, this is Lacie, you're new rider," he flashed his infamous smile that seemed to work on everybody except Jane.

Completely ignoring Cameron's smile, Jane turned her hard navy blue eyes onto Lacie. She tensed. He squeezed her hand reassuringly, as if to say, 'She's not as mean as she looks.' Lacie must've gotten the message. She relaxed some.

Jane smiled, "nice to have you," she stuck out her hand. Lacie tentatively took it, and Jane shook her up.

"Nice to meet you too," Lacie breathed. Cameron could tell she was nervous.

"Well we'll be heading to the back now," Cameron informed, pulling Lacie to the back with him. Her gaze followed them halfway through their journey. Jane then decided to yell back to them.

"Make sure you guys come talk to me!" she called. Cameron turned around.

"No problem, Jane, we'll be up then!" he smiled. She nodded, then turned back to the front. Quickly the bus filled up.

Cameron and Lacie occupied the very back, some jock demanded their seat of them. Of course Cameron said no, but that didn't stop him. Before he could act, Lacie looked up at him. He froze, shooting her a flirtatious smirk.

"And who's this," he stood upright.

"Lacie Adams," she said quietly. The guy started to laugh.

"You're not Lacie. The Lacie I'm thinking of is a freak," he bellowed. Cameron saw Lacie's head droop some.

"Bro, seriously? It's Lacie believe it or not. And don't go around saying shit like that!" Cameron yelled.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry, Lacie," the guy said, waving his hands in the air, just now noticing she was crying. To anybody who doesn't really know her, it would look like she was crying, but Cameron knew something was different. She wasn't just crying...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long! Writer's block plus school ^^""" hope chuu likes it thoooo :] leave me some constructive criticism! Pweeese!

Comments? Thoughts?