Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

08

Lacie

Lacie tried to make it look like she was just crying. She wasn't though. Another memory bombarded her, her shoulders convulsed like she was sobbing.

****************************

She walked hesitantly into her new homeroom. First days were always the hardest. Every kid was already there and in they're respectable seats. None of them looked open for a new friend or classmate. She stopped dead in her tracks, afraid to go any further.

In the distance, the teacher called her to the front of the class. The teacher looked nice, her warm smile reminded her of her mom. She held back a sob, quickly looking at her shoes, hiding behind her long blonde locks.

"You must be Lacie Adams. Welcome to the fourth grade," the teacher smiled, "my name is Miss Woods."

"Hello," she greeted politely, she tried to smile... But... Well... Let's just say, she couldn't.

"Nice to meet you. Please, have a seat next to Jacob Daniels. Jacob please raise your hand," Miss Woods asked. A baby-faced boy with deep, dark, inviting brown eyes raised his hand. He had a white tee on with faded blue jeans. His hair was a light shade of brown.

Of course it had to be a boy. As if she wasn't already paranoid enough. Slowly she advanced on the empty desk, next to this cute boy. She slid out the chair, sinking hesitantly into the small crevasse for her butt.

"Hi," Jacob said. His brown eyes searching hers.

"H-hi," she stuttered.

"Welcome," he flashed a toothy grin at her.

"Thanks," she half smiled at him. Another little boy leaned over to Jacob.

"Why're you talking to
her?" asked this kid, "she's a freak."

Silently, hoping Jacob was different, she watched him. His figure stiffened, he never looked back at her.

****************************

At recess that same day, she was circled by all of her classmates. She spotted Jacob easily, she pleaded him with her eyes. His gazed softened, he looked like he was about to say something, but was cut off by the extremely loud chants.

"Freak, freak, freak, freak," their singsong voices came from all around. Her eyesight grew blurry. Why were these kids so mean to her. She sank to the ground, and sobbed into her knees.

Someone's warm hand was lightly placed on her back. She thought it was a teacher. The voices suddenly stopped.

"Jacob, what're you doing?" another boy's voice rang out.

"Doing something that you guys are too scared to do," Jacob growled. He helped her up and back into the class room. For once in her life, she had a friend.

****************************

The fourth grade was coming to a close and Jacob and her were slowly drifting apart. He was becoming part of the crowd that always made fun of her. Whenever she'd ask if they could hang out he'd always glare at her and call her a freak. It just goes to show that even the nicest kid in elementary school can be shoved away from her.


****************************

Lacie was snapped back to the present. Two guys were fawning over her, trying to get her to stop crying. Cameron and what was the other guys name? Jake? Yeah, Jake. He was one of the like fifty million of Ravyn's groupies that didn't ride her old bus with him. So he must've never gotten the memo from him.

"Lacie," Cameron breathed.

"Hey, Lacie, I'm sorry for what I said," Jake peaked through her hair, "for now and in elementary school," he flashed a toothy grin. Her breath caught in her throat.

"Jacob?" she choked out.

"Yeah, you remember me?" he chuckled, "sorry for elementary though. Seriously. The other kids got to me and, well, you know the rest," his eyes were sympathetic, "I actually thought you were pretty cool," he flashed that toothy grin again. She smiled a little at him and nodded.

"I forgive you," she whispered.

"Thanks!" Jake sprung up from where he was. Lacie jumped. It scared her. Jake knew all too well why she was so jumpy. Before they grew apart, she confided in him. He stopped. He must still remember from all those years ago.

"Sorry," he apologized, "I forgot about what you told me. But you can trust me," he smiled.

"And me," Cameron piped in. She looked at the both of them.

"Thanks," she mumbled, toying with her hair.

"I hope I can be your best friend again?" Jake said, well asked. She was happy to hear it. She nodded.

"I'd like that," she said softly, "you know, I really missed you."

"And I you," he chuckled again.

****************************

As the bus pulled to a stop, Cameron turned to her.

"This is our stop..."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is really going no where but the next chapter will be better :D I hope >_o and Moniba is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Comments? Thoughts?