Status: Incomplete...

Save Me

09

As Lacie removed herself from the bus, she was overtaken by the houses. It was a development. Now don't get her wrong, she's been in developments before, just not one as big as this one. She gasped.

"What?" Cameron chuckled.

"This place... Is huge..." she trailed off.

"Yeah," he chuckled again, smirking to himself.

"Lacie? Lacie Adams?" a woman's voice called from across the street, in the other part of the hugs ass development. She turned to the sound of her name.

"Oh my goodness! You are so pretty!" she exclaimed. She was a little shorter than normal, and had a little bit of flub. Her brunette locks were curled, her lashes had mascara on them. They framed her pretty light purple eyes nicely. Lacie tried to smile, but it felt like a jumbled mess on her face. The little woman hobbled over to them.

"Hello ma'am," Lacie introduced politely.

"Oh please," she giggled, "don't call me ma'am, the name's Nicole Turner," she beamed a smile.

"My name is Lacie Adams," she introduced, even though she knew this lady already knew her name.

"Do you mind if I call you Lace?" she asked, Lacie took notice this lady has a little bit of a southern drawl. She hides it nicely. Lacie stiffened.

"P-please... D-don't c-call me-e Lace..." she trailed off, holding back tears.

"Oh honey!" she advanced toward her, "I'm so sorry I didn't know you didn't like that name! I promise you I won't ever say that name again!" she exclaimed trying to sooth her. Lacie nodded, quickly swiping at her eyes.

Cameron took her hand and squeezed it. She squeezed it back. She took a deep breath. This woman was looking at Cameron. Cameron smiled at her.

"Nice to see you, Mrs. Turner," he smiled.

"Ah! Mr. Cameron Lee! Nice to see you too!" she looked down at their hands, "ooo anything going on here?"

Lacie blushed, but Cam looked calm and unfazed. He smiled that irresistible smile at her and spoke, "No, ma'am. Just a friend helping a friend is all."

Mrs. Turner looked flabbergasted. She nodded, obviously speechless. She finally recovered, "let's go you two! Time to go home!" she smiled. They both followed, silently. He still didn't let go of her hand.

****************************

Mrs. Turner's house was the same as everybody else's house in the development. It was really pretty, standard development housing, but still looked pretty in Lacie's eyes. Cameron had since left for his house, next door. At least he was close, if she needed him. She looked around, overwhelmed by how big it was on the inside.

"Wow..." she breathed.

"Pretty, huh?" she giggled again.

"Yeah," Lacie nodded, turning her gaze back to Nicole. Mrs. Turner smiled at her. Lacie could feel herself growing more and more comfortable with this woman.

"So just follow me, and we can get you settled into your new room," she smiled at her. Lacie nodded and followed silently, letting her new foster mom chatter about things Lacie didn't really care for, "all of your things are in the room already," she continued, "we didn't set anything up, because we didn't know how you liked it."

"Thank you," Lacie mumbled.

"You're welcome, dear," this lady giggled. All of a sudden, Nicole veered to the left following the hallways exactly. Lacie followed. At the end of the hall was a door. It was a light shade of brown. The doorknob was copper, it blended well. Nicole swung open the door. The room was huge, well bigger then the other rooms she's had.

The walls were painted a light blue, the carpet was a pretty shade of green and there was a huge window at the far end, away from the door leading to the hallway.

"Now, I sure do hope you like it," she drawled, looking up at Lacie through her lashes. Of course Lacie loved it, but Lacie didn't really know how to voice her feelings.

"It's great," she nodded. Nicole squealed and jumped up and down. It startled Lacie, she flinched a little. Nicole rushed into the room, ushering her into the room with her. Slowly she followed. Nicole opened the window. They weren't windows, they were doors. Outside those doors was a balcony.

Lacie's eyes teared up. This lady gave her a great room, and she didn't even know her.

"Lacie? Is everything okay?" Nicole asked. Lacie sniffled.

"Yeah, it's just... It's been a while since someone gave me nice things," she swiped at her eyes.

"Awe!" gushed Nicole, "I'm glad you like it!"

****************************

After talking with Nicole for a while, she finally left.

"Well I'm gonna go start dinner, I'll call you down when it's done. Call me if you need any help, okay?" she asked.

"Definitely," Lacie nodded, trying not to avoid eye contact. Mrs. Turner left the door open. She heard her noisy footfalls on the steps. With every second they got quieter. Lacie turned her attention on the three boxes in the middle of her room.

****************************

In an hour or so Lacie had the boxes unpacked and she was just chilling on her new bed, listening to Breathe Carolina and All Time Low. She made sure the music was turned down some, so she could hear Mrs. Turner's call. Sure enough, minutes later, Lacie heard her cue.

"Lacie! Dinner!" she called. Lacie turned off her iPod, layed it on her bed, and slowly unwound herself through the hallway, down the steps, and followed the smell of food. She found herself in a kitchen, Nicole working hard over the stove.

"Oh, hi Lacie, the table is just through those double doors. Everybody is already in there, go introduce yourself," Nicole smiled at her. Butterflies formed in Lacie's stomach. She was never good at this. She trudged to the doors, slowly pushing through.

On the other side were three guys. One is way older, like father older. And then there were twins, around her age. The father, she was pretty sure anyways, smiled at her. And so did the twins. She waved slightly.

"My name is Lacie," she mumbled, meeting eyes, sadly, with everyone there. They all had pretty green eyes.

"Hello Lacie, welcome to our home. My name is Ronald Turner," his smiled widened. One of the twins piped in.

"My name is Landon," smiled the one on the right. He was wearing a tight black shirt and pants to match. His hair was longer, but well kept. He seemed athletic.

"And mine is Jayden," smirked the other one. His hair was shorter, and he was wearing baggy pants and a shirt to match. They were very different, even though they look so alike.

"Nice to meet you all," she said.

"Lacie! Come sit next to me!" exclaimed Landon.

"No I want her to sit next to me!" cried Jayden.

"How about Jayden you scooch over a chair and Lacie sit in-between you," Ronald reasoned. Both guys gasped and complied. Jayden moved over and waved Lacie toward the table. She complied and sat between the guys. Both of them smiled down at her. From where she was standing, she didn't know how tall they were.

She half smiled, looking at both of them. Trying to get down their names.

"You know our names?" asked the one called Jayden. She nodded.

"Which one am I?" asked Landon.

"Landon," she murmured.

"And me?" asked Jayden.

"Jayden," she said.

"Great job!" they both exclaimed at the same time. She almost smiled. ALMOST! Before they could ask what was wrong, dinner came out.

"Food!" Landon exclaimed. Jayden eyed up the food. It was meat. Lacie's favorite.

"Oh you guys! You suckered Lacie into sitting between you?" asked Nicole. The guys nodded excitedly, "Lacie I'm so sorry, you know you don't have to listen to them."

Lacie nodded, and gave them another almost smile. Then dug into her food, like the rest of the family.

After dinner was over, Lacie, Landon and Jayden made their way upstairs. The two boys argued a lot, Lacie stayed quite and trailed behind them. Lacie heard her phone ringing. She rushed passed the boys to get to it.

"Hey!" one of them said.

"Where're ya goin'? Called the other.

"My phone's ringing," she called over her should to them. Quickly she picked it up, not looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" she said a little breathlessly.

"Are you okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a little longer then normal. School and shtuffs. >_o hope you guys like it<3 and Moniba I am so sorry about that :[ if you ever need to talk or anything I'll listen :] promise.

Comments? Thoughts?