‹ Prequel: Stranded

Rescued.

Gone to California

16 long hours later we had finally arrived at our new house around 11 o'clock that night, Jack and I had driven in my car behind Sara and Alex the whole way, listening to music (skipping nearly every other song as it was All Time Low and Jack didn’t want to listen to his best friend "flirt with the audience" the whole time).

"Home sweet home..." Sara mumbled leaning against me as she stumbled out of the passenger’s side of the U-Haul, clearly having just woken up when we stopped, I nodded leaning my head against her shoulder, "I say we only take out air mattresses and blankets... " I nodded in agreement, I was much too tired to try and take in hardly anything.

"You two grab the overnight bags and Jack and I will grab the beds, I think a light would also be a good thing to grab..." Alex directed, his front man-ness bleeding through appropriately into the moment,

"I've got the lamps." Matt informed us opening the back of the U-Hall, were the three lamps from the living room were just chillin tucked into some boxes, how fortunate... I felt like Matt had that planned... That would be a very Matt thing to do...

"Kay, babe, are you okay?" Jack asked laying a hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts "You're staring and nearly drooling!" he laughed pulling me against his chest, making me realize Sara was no longer standing beside me and I was slowly falling over… Geh… I needed sleep that was evident… sighing I kissed Jack’s cheek and went over to the car grabbing my purple duffel bag with my air mattress in it and tossed our clothes bag at Jack, blindly walking through the front door. Sara, Alex, Matt and now the two of us were standing in the entry way in front of a fairly impressive spiral stair case, even in my sleepy state I was impressed and more than a little excited.

“So… Are we going to pick rooms tonight or do we all wanna sleep in the living room?” Sara asked rubbing her face.

“Rooms… I wanna spend the first night in my new house in my own room!” I declared suddenly awake, that was one thing I loved about moving into a new house was the first night in a new room, then the first night in the same room /after/ you decorated it.

“Well, the realtor said there were two rooms with in suite bathrooms…” Sara said nodding, “So all we have to debate over is who is upstairs and who is down in the basement…” I nodded linking my arm with hers and pulled her upstairs with me. I was glad for flashlights and cell phones, it was dark! Despite the lack of light we could make out most of the place, it was nice; the walls were painted a warm beige color, (easily painted over when we had the chance and inclination but not bad as they were) the floors were a shiny honey color giving the whole place a pleasant welcoming vibe. The second floor was really only a half floor, kinda like a large loft. The stair case spiraled up to a big open area with a banister overlooking the entry way, and two huge sky lights, letting the moonlight filter in. It was awesome. After looking through the bedroom and the bathroom we went back down stairs and to the basement, the stair well was blocked off by a wall on either side, both of which had little square windows cut in to put stuff on, easy to block any ones view of the actual room if you wanted. The floor was cool slate colored tile, the walls were pale lavender, the two together reminded me of a sunset in a cave, which wasn’t too far off as the glass doors were facing west, opening to the ocean with a patio right outside. I turned to Sara as soon as the door to the bedroom opened, I knew which room I wanted.

“So… Do you know which one you want?” I asked when we finally made our way back upstairs, Matt being the intelligent person he was had taken one of the three lamps to each floor and plugged them in so we could actually see what we were doing. She nodded sitting on the floor, against the wall, “You wanna flip the coin or me?” I asked just as she pulled out her Chuck E. Cheese token she kept for special occasions such as this, we just grinned at each other, as she flipped. It was common knowledge between the two of us that my side was the side with words and her side was the one with pictures, it just fit ya know? Writer and artist? Yeah… Anyway, it landed Chuck E. side up, her pick. “Which room do you want my dear?” I asked, crossing my fingers both rooms were nice but I really had my heart set on one, but it was her choice.

“Upstairs!” she declared standing up fist in the air,

“yay!” I giggled “I was hoping to get the basement anyway!” we were completely compatible in every way shape and form… on more than one occasion both of us had mentioned if one of us had been born a boy we would be married with twenty kids by now.

“Great! You two have your rooms picked out, now you are coming with me.” Jack said grabbing my arm, bags already over his shoulders, “It’s late, I’m tired and I am forcing you to snuggle with me.” He said pouting

“Fine! Twist my arm!” I giggled waving to the rest of our little group as we descended down the stairs to the cave, yup, I was naming my room the cave! Just like my room at my aunts that I occupied while in college. Sighing I flopped down on the floor beside the outlet pulling the bag with the air mattress to me, blowing it up watching the full size mattress raise, and expand…

“You know what else goes up and expands when you blow it up?” Jack asked smirking walking out of the bathroom shirtless and in his thick rimmed glasses resting on his face; I loved it when he wore his glasses they were just so… ug! Adorable!

“Gross you perv!” I giggled, standing up to wrap my arms around his waist and nuzzling my face against his chest, leaning into him, “I love you Jacky-bear.” I mumbled, eyes closed breathing him in deeply.

“I love you too my little duckling!” he murmured kissing my hair “let’s go to bed, I wanna cuddle.” giggling I let go of him and tossed our pillows and blankets on the bed.

“These things are actually really, really comfortable…” he commented as we cuddled down under the covers arms wrapped tightly around each other.

“Yeah… I slept on one for about a year, generic sleep numbers!”

“It’s true!” he replied excitedly, I loved how we both were so easily amused. I giggled again and grabbed my Ipod out of my pocket and turned on my “sleepy time playlist of awesome”.

“And loving a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be oh Girl you stand by me I'm forever yours faithfully.” Jack sang along into my ear playing with my hair, our foreheads together, I blushed and smiled looking into his eyes the best I could. I loved these little sweet moments, when neither one of us were so jacked up on sugar and caffeine, when it was just the two of us together like this cuddling and whispering, not because we had to but because it felt like if we spoke any louder it would ruin the magic moments. “That should be our song.” He suggested kissing me lightly, I nodded biting my lip kissing him again, it was the perfect song for us…

We continued cuddling and singing and talking into the night, our conversations getting deeper and deeper with each passing hour…

“So… I was thinking…” Jack murmured one hand playing with my hair the other resting around my back,

“Yes?” I was a touch frightened, when we’re serious and he’s thinking it’s usually about one thing that I’m not too fond of…

“Well… We never really talked about why you freaked out when I talked about the possibility of getting married…” I tensed up against him fixing my gaze at a point over his shoulder so I didn’t have to face his gaze “Why?” he asked sounding genuinely curious,

“It’s kind of complicated…” I sighed, not really wanting to get into it. “I don’t believe marriages last… I mean I’m not as cynical as Sara when it comes to this kind of thing, but still…”

“What about it scares you so much?”

“I don’t know… I guess it’s the pure promise, of getting married. To me getting married is forever, you know the whole, till death do us part? Almost everyone I knew growing up had parents that were divorced; I already have three friends that have gotten divorced, I-I’m just scared it’s a death sentence for the relationship… I’m scared if we get married you’ll leave me…” I whispered the last part against his neck where I was hiding my face, if this didn’t make me leave him I don’t know what would.

“That’s all you’re worried about?” he asked pulling my face back so he could look at me, but I wouldn’t look at him, closing my eyes I nodded “Well stop! I’m not leaving…” he said with such conviction… If only if only…

“Jacky bear, guys like you don’t stay with girls like me. I don’t know why you’re here now if I’m honest with myself…”

“I’m here because I love you. Now stop this little pity party you having in your head and kiss me, then, tomorrow we’re going to go look at engagement rings. It may be tomorrow or three years from now when I actually buy it, but we’re taking the first step!” he said forcefully, looking me in the eye, tears threatened to spill over out of mine, he was just so damn cute sometimes! “I said kiss me!” he teased pressing his lips to mine, and that’s just what I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all!! I'm sorry this took so long I thought I posted it forever ago!!!

Okay so happy news!!

I MET MY JACKY BEAR!!!! and he agreed to have my babies and said "let's get started" It was awesome! (he's having the children JSYK)

okay so theres that, also, I LOVE YOU GUYS

And Sara and I may or may not be moving to Baltimore next summer... and may or may not be looking at the area where ATL is actually from... ;p

so comments?

I'm hyper and this is long. Sorry dearies!!

Song credit: Gone to California - P!nk