‹ Prequel: Stranded

Rescued.

This I Promise You

I went down the stairs slowly since I still felt half asleep. It was getting to be around eight in the morning, and I had woken up to a crash downstairs and decided to investigate. I think it was coming from the kitchen, which was never a good sign.

“You don't want to go in there without shoes, babe.” I heard Alex say after bumping into his chest.

“What happened?” I mumbled, wrapping my arms around him, still tired.

He chuckled a little before answering, “Rian's mom dropped one of the punch bowl glasses that she's borrowing from Joyce.”

“Aww, sad.” I pouted, “Does she need any help with anything?”

“No, she's got it under control. You can go back to sleep if you want. You don't need to be awake for another hour and a half.”

I shook my head, “I'm already up, might as well stay up.”

“You don't look awake to me.” Alex mentioned, starting to sway in place.

“Shushhh.” I quieted, listening to his heart beat in his chest. “You're warm.” I mumbled.

“You cold, Sar-bear?” He rubbed my arms for warmth. I smiled a little, remembering how Shayna always use to call me that, and now he was. I nodded. He stepped away from me to shrug off his jacket, throwing it around my shoulders. I pulled my arms through the holes, snuggling into it.

I slipped on Alex's large shoes by the couch and made my way into the kitchen. “Need help, Mrs. Dawson?” I yawned.

“No, dear.” She sighed, emptying the dust pan into the garbage, “You go and get ready or something.”

“You sure? You seem a little stressed.” I asked.

“My baby boy is getting married today, of course I'm stressed, Sara.” She laughed a little, meeting my gaze.

“Oh, yeah. Right.” I laughed at her comment, “Tell me if you need anything, I'll be glad to help.” I waved before joining Alex on the couch. “So, why are you here?”

Alex shrugged, “Nothing else to do.” He mentioned.

“I'm surprised you're not like...hungover or something.”

“Are you implying something, missy?”

“No...you just like to drink.” I shrugged, snuggling up against his side.

“And miss this?” He said, wrapping his arm around me, “I like when we snuggle, but it only seems to happen really early in the morning when you're tired. So, no way would I miss it.”

“Aw, that's kind of cute.” I smiled up at him, “I didn't get a good morning kiss.” I pouted. Alex leaned down, pecking my lips with his.

“Morning, sweetheart.”

“Morning, Lex.” I sighed, watching as Alex started to flip through the channels.

….....

“Where's Kara!?” Jack's mom fluttered about, stressing.

“She's a little nervous, I think Kaitie is in with her in the restroom.” I explained, Makahla tugging at my hair trying to get it into the hairstyle all the bridesmaids were wearing. Next was the makeup.

Even though I had always liked weddings, I hated the preparation for them. If I get married, it'll just be a simple one. Most likely outside so you didn't really have to decorate the venue, and there wouldn't be so many flowers everywhere.

I loved flowers, but there were just too many. Most of them fresh, too, so your nostrils were being assaulted with the floral smelliness.

Not to say the the place wasn't stunning, because it totally was. There were sparkles in all the right places, and it was definitely a wedding of dreams, particularly Kara's dream.

“You've got to be kidding me! We're starting in twenty minutes!” Joyce was freaking out. I tried to hold back my smile, and pulled out my phone from the little clutch thing we all had to match our dresses.

“Hold on, I'll text Kaitie.” I said, which seemed to calm her down a little bit.

“Done! Now makeup!” Kahla cheered, spinning the chair around so it faced her.

“Careful not to get any on the dress.” Joyce warned before Kaitie and Kara walked back in. “Oh, thank goodness!”

It what seemed like no time at all, the music started up. The classic wedding song, 'Canon in D' by Pachabel. It always reminded me of 'Pachabel's Rant' with that guy on youtube. Talk about funny stuff.

When Alex and I met up to walk down the isle, Makahla and Jack ahead of us, I was laughing a little. “What?” Alex asked from the corner of his mouth.

“Nothing, I'll tell you later.” I giggled, examining all the people in the pews of the church. Everyone from the last tour was there, as well as Every Avenue, We the Kings, The Maine, and a slew of other bands that All Time Low had previously toured with.

“You look beautiful.” Alex mentioned as we neared the front. “As usual.”

I felt my cheeks flush a bit, and responded, “Thanks, you too.” I unhooked my arm from his and went to stand beside Makahla, who was standing beside Lisa. Was it awkward that the woman, who I thought was at least ten times prettier than myself, that had been dumped by my boyfriend so he could go out with me was standing less than ten feet away? Very.

But, this was Kara's day, and I trusted there would be no drama going down. At least, none on my part. I had no idea about Lisa. Not that I really knew her, but everyone said she didn't treat Alex nice in the first place.

The bride's music came on and everyone stood and turned towards Kara, being led by her father. While I took a look at Rian. A gigantic smile was spread on his face, and he looked like the happiest man on the planet. That was so cute. Looking at Kara, I saw the same thing. The love in their eyes made me think that maybe it really would last for them.

I had no doubt love existed, but whether or not it lasted was a different story.

The ceremony went by with lots of tears from the mothers in the audience, a few from the fathers, and cheering when Rian leaned down to kiss Kara deeply at the end. The cheering mostly coming from all the rockstars in the group, the older adults too mature for that.

If you could call the rockstars 'adults', anyway.

My smile was big, but the new couple's was bigger. After they ran back down the isle and into the cheesy 'JUST MARRIED' car, everyone started to head into the reception hall. Alex found me almost immediately, giving me a quick kiss.

“I think the dancing comes first, which is kind of weird, but, hey, whatever.” Alex shrugged as we went around greeting people while we waited for Kara and Rian to return. “You look really, really beautiful.” He muttered, leaning into my ear as we sat down at the assigned table.

The hair of his barely tamed bangs tickled my cheek and I giggled as I pulled away, opening my mouth to say something.

“It's about time, don't you think?” A male voice chuckled, one I didn't recognize.

“Certainly, Patrick.” Alex chuckled. I met eyes with Patrick Stump. I smiled crookedly and glanced around for Makahla as they started talking about new records and tours and whatever. Even though Fall Out Boy had broken up, Patrick still made music. Music that was pretty awesome, to say the least.

“Who's this?” Patrick motioned to me and my attention snapped from Makahla and Jack goofing off to Patrick.

“This is Sara, my girlfriend.”

“Oh, the one you sang 'Remembering Sunday' with last tour.” He nodded. I groaned, smacking my forehead. “Is something wrong?”

“You have no idea how many time I've heard that said in recognition of me.” I explained, “I feel like never singing that song again.”

“Oh, come on! You have to!” Alex whined, “The fans love you!”

“But still, it's kind of frustrating that I'm known for that and not my work with Disney.”

“You work with Disney?” Patrick asked, surprised.

“Yeah, but don't tell Flyzik. I don't want him to freak out on me.” I smiled.

“But you really do have a nice voice, I could see you working in the industry. There seriously aren't enough good female singers out there.” Patrick complimented. I felt my face turning red.

“Oh, I can think of a couple.” The high voice of a female chuckled, I looked over my shoulder at Cassadee Pope. “Hey, you're Sara, right?” She asked, pointing.

“Yeah.” I nodded, “You're Cassadee, right?” I mimicked, smile on my face. More people needed to get married with huge receptions like this, just so I could meet my favorite band members.

Cassadee and I chatted for a while as Patrick and Alex caught up with each other.

There was commotion by the doors and we all looked to see Rian and Kara returning. Their faces were flushed and Kara's lipstick almost gone. Which led me to believe a pretty heavy make out session had gone down.

Goodness, they were so cute. Sickening almost.

“Dance time!” Alex cheered an hour later as another slow song came on.

“I don't know how to dance!” I complained, dragging my feet as he pulled me to the dance floor. I recognized the song playing as *NSYNC's 'This I Promise You' “Really Rian?” I shouted to him, snuggled to Kara while they danced. He flashed his pearly whites and left it at that.

“We danced together in Strawberry Fields...” Alex trailed off.

“Okay, but only because this is possibly my favorite love song ever.” I smiled small and put my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

“Did I tell you how amazing you look right now?” He muttered into my hair as I buried my face in his neck.

“Only about a thousand times. Better be careful, it might go to my head.”

“I'm conceited enough for the both of us.” He chuckled, kissing my temple.

I softly sang along to the poppy boy band as we swayed. “I will take you in my arms, and hold you right where you belong. Until the day my life is through, this I promise you. This I promise you.”

It was such the perfect song for Kara and Rian, and, other than the fact that they totally stole my idea, I thought it was cute.
♠ ♠ ♠
BOOM! second chapter.
The ending is kind of lame and cheesy, but you'll get over it soon enough.

I have to say, I'm really excited for what we have planned for this.
I need to finish my chapter that I'm working on!!!
YAY!

Keep on keeping on. Peace.
<3 Sara Michelle