‹ Prequel: Stranded

Rescued.

This Is How We Do

The next few days were hectic, Sara and I got everything sorted out to start moving. Our house was supposed to be up for rent in less than a month, and we had both gotten a loan that ended up equaling almost twice the amount of the house, and I was almost finished with my newest novel! (I think Jack was happier than me about that). The only thing we really had to do was move everything and sign papers, which is what we were currently in the process of doing.

“Sara, Kay, what in the sweet sacred name of Mickey Mouse are these?” Flyzik asked gesturing toward our authentic movie theater popcorn maker and our Dr.Pepper machine, which was literally a commercial soda machine with a Dr.Pepper can on the front filled with nothing but Dr.Pepper, that we kept in our basement because there wasn’t room upstairs,

“Well the popcorn machine was a gift from some of my obsessed fans, and Sara just got the pop machine because she wanted it.” I shrugged continuing to move boxes from one pile to another, since we weren’t really selling our house we could just leave some stuff we didn’t really use in the storm cellar off to the side of the basement, where we could just lock it away till a later date.

“So are you putting it in the cellar or taking it?” Matt asked giving me a weird look

“Taking them of course!” Sara replied as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet which it pretty much was. I mean who wouldn’t take them?

“Gah! We have soooo much stuff…” I whined as we stacked everything on to the U-HAUL as we had been doing for more than three hours

“Yes… Yes we do…” Sara mumbled rubbing her nose, and looking at her arms, “Why did you guys let me go outside without sunscreen?” she asked

“Uh… babe it’s the end of November you shouldn’t need sunscreen…” Alex pointed out,

“Tis true but your Girly also burns by just looking at a picture of the sun…” I pointed out still stacking, rather slowly…

“But there’s no sun…”

“Cloud burn…” Sara pouted sitting on the ramp,

“Can we quit for today?” I asked everyone in general sighing, “I’m a lazy fat kid and I have been working for more than two hours I’m tired…” I said pouting

“Aww poor baby!” Jack said jokingly,

“Yup! Now let us go consume sustenance for our fatigued selves.” I suggested walking down the ramp, “I think we have food anyway…” i couldn’t remember if we did or not… now’s a great time to think about that…

“We have food, I made Alex go food shopping with me before we came…” Sara said sighing, we all were virtually exhausted from packing and moving our insane amounts of crap out of the house into the truck, “Please tell me that about four or so bags of pizza rolls were in that mix…” I asked

“You know it! We have to feed the help!” she said looking around at the three guys, “They eat a lot!” she stage whispered causing us both to giggle and the guys to just grin and agree. Dinner was indeed a great ordeal… The five of us ended up eating four bags of pizza rolls, a full bag of Doritos, and random take out box of lo mein (which we had no clue how long it had been in the fridge but Jack insisted on eating it anyway)

“I don’t know what you were freaking out about Kaykay, it tasted fine to me…” Jack said rubbing his overly stuffed stomach, I just shook my head,

“I have no clue how you guys can eat stuff like that.” I shuddered almost gaging at the thought of rancid food bleck!!

“Because we’re guys and we can do such things!” he said smirking, I just shook my head and put some more stuff out of the kitchen into assorted boxes. “Also, we don’t have tongues. It’s a proven fact.” Jack said, sticking out his tongue, “It’s a prosthetic.”

“I’m bored…” Alex whined walking into the kitchen,

“Go help Sara pack her room.” I suggested, though she probably had it done already, she’s always been on top of things more so than me, a fact that most likely will never change…

“She’s done, and so are the other rooms.”

“WE CAN MAKE A BOX/BLANKET FORT!!!!!!!!!!” Jack exclaimed jumping up and down like a little kid, it was quite adorable actually.

“What are we like 5?” Flyzik asked emerging from the basement, I didn’t even want to know why he was down there, probably investigating Sara’s Disney collection, (luckily she kept her letters and such hidden so he wouldn’t find them).

“Nah man! But who doesn’t love to make a fort like we did when we were kids!” Alex exclaimed in agreement jumping around with Jack,

“Okay, say we make this fort, how are we going to hold it up and what blankets are we going to use? The contents of this house are basically packed onto the truck outside…”

“Flyzik you party pooper!” Jack exclaimed tackling him,

“Jack you little F-“ Matt exclaimed being cut off by Sara throwing our noodle pot across the room, she was quite good at the home made censoring thing.

“Let’s do it!” the two of us exclaimed at the same time, seriously! Who doesn’t love a boxy-blanketish fort?

“Okay say we make this fort what is going to hold it up?” Matt asked

“Well, Mom, we have a stack of boxes and such, we can do it!” I cheered jumping around with the boys.

Two hours later we had compiled a huge stack of boxes and blankets, as well as sheets, safety pins, straight pins and tape.

“So how are we gonna do this?” Alex asked looking at the 30 some boxes we had left over from packing, (Wal-Mart doesn’t block their empty boxes, we filled the U-Haul with them).

“Make pillars with the boxes and stretch the blankets over them! Sara and I will follow behind you and pin the blankets together ‘kay?” I asked excited now,

“Yeah man! This is gonna be like kinda awesome!” Jack said still bouncing around. With that we got to work, all I have to say is it’s a good thing the boys are in the music industry not architecture!
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!! what be up yo? :)
so here it is... sorry its late i thought Sara was gonna post it 'cause I'm still suppose to be at band camp but I'm sick and got to come home over night... but i have to go back later... bleck its hot. :)

anyway...
comments would be grand :)

kaykay