Status: Active :)

A Smile Can Hide So Much

Time obviously changes nothing.

Andrews POV

I stepped out of the bus and looked around. It was windy and freezing cold. I bundled my jacket tighter and grimaced.

"Who would want to live here?" I wonder outloud.

"Eskimos." Toby remarked. I laughed and looked into the window of the restaurant, looking at everyone. There were alot of people there tonight, but one person in particular caught my attention.

She was the waitress. She had long strawberry blonde hair and a pretty smile. She was kind of short and skinny.

She looked oddly familiar, though I couldn't remember why.

"Hey dude, doesn't that waitress look kinda familiar?" I asked Ethan.

"Yeah, she kinda looks like Aria. Except Aria had blonde hair and that waitresses' hair is like orange."

I held my breath.

"Aria lives in Arizona. That's not her. Plus, its been four years. People tend to change." I tried to keep from snapping. That's not Aria, he's crazy. Aria hated cold weather, she would never move here away from her friends and family.

Oh wait, we were her friends.

I liked to believe Aria and I were always more than friends, even though everyone knew it was Aria and Toby. Toby undeniably always liked Aria and whenever we would joke to Aria about them getting married someday, she just giggled. That had to be something right?
I wonder what it would be like if it was actually Aria. I wouldn't know what to say to her. I knew she was pissed off that she was in the band for two years and as soon as she was forced to quit we started getting shit done. I admit, it was a douche thing for us to do, but we didn't know how else to cope. We wanted to show Aria what she was missing. Too much work from private school...bullshit. If she actually cared about the band, she would've made time. We were just showing her we could succeed without her if she was going to be a bitch and quit.

We would all be a lot happier if she succeeded with us though.

I shook that thought out of my head. If that was Aria, this would be one embarrassing show. Some of these songs were about her.

But its not, so it won't be embarrassing.

"Lets head in, guys." our tour manager Keith shouted, motioning us to follow.

Aria's POV
I walked to the back to place the order of a table, remembering what just happened. I think I caught the lead singer of the band staring at me?

He looked kind of familiar. Maybe I saw him on TV or something.

For a second I thought it was Andrew, but I shook that thought out of my head. Andrew and his stupid band were in New York. Plus, on the TV he had long hair. This man had short brown hair. He sure walked like Andrew though.

What if it was Andrew? I mean, I knew it wasn't but...what if? What would I say to him after four years? Definitely not 'I missed you', because I didn't.

Well, I liked to believe I didn't. They obviously don't need me in their life anymore if they've done so well so I don't need them in my life anymore.

They used to be my best friends though. I remember all the times Andrew and Ethan and I would sit in Andrew's backyard and talk about what it would be like if we got successful, and how Toby and I would eventually marry each other some day. I giggled whenever they said something like that. I remember when I was sitting on Andrew's bedroom floor against his bed just talking. I remember when he kissed me....

I had a little time where I wasn't needed, so I sat down with Lily.

"Why are you here? I mean, i'm glad you are, but why?" I quickly corrected myself. She smiled.

"I just wanted to see your reaction."

I looked up at the stage where a band was getting ready to perform. They all looked like teenagers, about the age I was when-

"Hey guys! We're (some random band name i'm sorry I can't think of one). I hope you enjoy our music."

They played a couple songs and they were actually really good.

"These guys are gonna go far." I whispered to Lily, nodding towards the teenagers on the stage.

"I hope. They deserve it."

Once they finished their third song, the lead singer spoke into the microphone.
"Thank you for being here. It's an honor to open for such a huge band. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Unspoken Words!"

I spit out my water.

WHAT?