Status: Active :)

A Smile Can Hide So Much

You're lucky i'm even here right now.

Andrew

What the fuck came over me?

First I went up to Aria, I didn't even fight back when she started bitching at me, and then I invited her on the tour bus?

Then I called her cute?

What the hell. What. The. Hell.

I was just being friendly, unlike her. I don't know if she was PMSing or some shit, but she certainly didn't seem happy when she saw me.

Then again, if I saw me I probably wouldn't be too happy either.

I'm surprised she said yes to coming on the bus. I honestly thought she was going to slap me or scream 'no' and then storm off to her car, never to be seen again.

But here she was, sitting on the couch of the bus, playing with the ends of her purse while silence filled the air. I looked her over for a little while, examining her from head to toe since I didn't have the chance before. Her hair grew out a little longer from high school and was slightly wavy now. She had grown taller and slimmed down in a couple areas. She had gotten paler though, probably since its like the God damn ice age up here. I wouldn't want to be out often in this weather if I was as petite as her. I can't even imagine what winter is like if this is only October.

I looked back up at her face. She noticed my glance and moved her blue eyes towards my brown eyes.

"Hows your life been, Andrew?" She questioned, looking distracted by her nails but her eyes told a different story.

Oh, just great.

"It's been good, I guess. Privacy isn't an option anymore though." I chuckled. "How about yours?"

She shrugged. slightly smiling.

"Same old, same old. Never went to college after school. I've pretty much been working jobs like this since I graduated. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but what I wanted to do was obviously long gone." She scoffed, and I felt a pang of guilt.

I got exactly what I wanted in high school. I got-The band got successful, thus making her jealous. I thought I would be a lot of more pleased with myself but honestly I felt the opposite. Like I should've chased after her when she quit in senior year. Like I should've waited that one extra year to get serious after senior year when she wasn't going to be busy as fuck.

Like I should stop feeling like shit over something that can't be changed.

"So, I saw you and Joy Hanson" she spat the name, "on TV this morning."

I gulped.

"That was an old picture."

"I figured, your hair was longer." she sighed.

"Why would you even want to talk to her anyway? She made fun of us all so much in high school...." Aria shook her head and I stretched my arms out.

"We ran into each other while I was out. She was suddenly acting like shes been in love with me for years. My guess is she wanted to be a band slut. Either way, we were only together for about ten minutes before I ditched." I shrugged.

"You always did talk about the band sluts you would 'score' when we made it big." Aria chuckled, sounding slightly sad. I mentally sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.
"I said I was sorry, you know." I mumbled.

"Yeah, I know, but....sorry is a word. What is a word going to do? Nothing. There's nothing you can do to apologize at this point. Just be glad I'm even speaking to you." She huffed, trying not to sound angry.

"I was just angry. An angry teenager that wanted revenge on the bitch that left us when we...." I wanted to say 'needed her most', but I didn't want to sound corny. It didn't honestly matter what I said at the point though, because soon Aria was on her feet with her hand on her hip.

"That 'bitch' that left us?" She spat through her teeth. I jumped up, waving my hands.

"No, no, no, I didn't mean it like that...that's just what I was thinking then, you know?" I tried to reason.

"Glad to know you thought of me as a bitch." She shook her head, pulling on the door handle and ran out, jumping over the stairs. I ran after her, grabbing her by the shoulders and spinning her around. She stared at me with glossy eyes that looked like they were about to tear.

"First you obviously show that you don't need me, and now i'm a bitch? Why did you even invite me on your stupid bus Andrew? Why did you even talk to me tonight?" She said, blinking rapidly. I kept a hold on her shoulders, biting my lip again. I hated that girly habit.

"Please forgive me...I just...I'm stupid. I've been wondering what it would be like if I ever saw you again for four years and now that I am... I just don't know what to say. Please....i'm sorry. Don't leave." I rambled on, trailing off as I stared into her eyes, begging for forgiveness. They seemed to soften a bit.

"I have to leave anyway. It's getting late. What good is it to you if i'm here or not?" She whispered, her eyes and tone completely different.

"I..." I trailed off again. What was I going to say? I missed you? I can't say that, i'll embarrass myself. She obviously didn't miss me.

"Exactly." She stated, shaking out of my grip when I was lost in thought.

"Wait! Wait...give me your phone." I pleaded. She gave me a questioning look but handed over her iPhone anyway. I typed in my number and handed it back to her.

"We're here for another two days...just...think about it." I gave her a half smile, walking off back to the bus. As I was walking up the steps, I saw her looking through her phone, then looking up at me, grinning.

"We'll see." She shouted across the parking lot, running towards her car to escape the wind that had just kicked up.