Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Eleven

I looked up at the stars and took a deep breath. I'd probably just be getting home from the bakery if I was still living in my apartment, single. I saw a shooting star and made a wish.

I wish Terrian could love me.

"Hey, what're you doing out here, Clarissa?" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned around to find Lucas. I looked down and then back up,giving a small smile. We hadn't talked really for two weeks and I had to admit, I've missed him a little. Even though he was right there.

"I just wanted to take a walk," I replied.

He took a few strides and turned me around so we could walk together. "Have you been avoiding me for the past two weeks?" he asked.

My cheeks turned red. "Well...yes," I responded.

"Why?"

"I'm afraid you'll kiss me again."

"So?"

"If anyone found out, we'd both be in trouble, Lucas." We stopped and I turned to face him.

He took my hands in his and smiled at me. "I'd be willing to risk my life to be with you, Clarissa," he said.

"You've only known me a month, Lucas. Don't talk such nonsense."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Well, yes."

"That's what happened with me."

I blushed and looked away. He was still holding my hands. "By the way, you look really pretty in purple," he said.

This only made my blush deepen. He pulled me to his chest and I looked up at him. He smelled like peppermints and cinnamon. Two of my favorite smells. It all went in slow motion after that.

He lowered his head and I stood on my tiptoes to meet him in the middle where our lips collided. This was pretty much our first kiss. This kiss, unlike mine and Terrian's earlier, was wanted from both sides. As we kissed in the garden under the stars, my heartbeat increased and my stomach did flip-flops.

I felt Lucas's tongue graze my bottom lip, begging for entrance, as his arms tightened around me. I parted my lips and his tongue slipped into my mouth, moving around it for a moment before touching my own. Our tongues interacted with each other for a moment before he pulled his back into his mouth and moved away from me.

I blinked, wondering why he'd pulled back. He looked down at me and smiled, his eyes twinkling. "You should be getting to bed, Princess," he said.

I nodded and he walked me back to the castle. I kissed him on the cheek and said goodnight before dashing inside and upstairs to mine and Terrian's room. I opened the door and looked over at the bed, seeing Terrian's sleeping figure. I didn't turn the lights on.

I crept over to the dresser and opened the top drawer, pulling out one of the short nightgowns. I went to the bathroom and changed from my dress to the nightgown. As I exited the bathroom I put my dress in the hamper. I looked back over to Terrian's form under the covers, feeling a twinge of guilt in my stomach for kissing Lucas.

I shook my head and went to the bed, climbing under the covers, but staying on the edge of the bed, far from Terrian. That didn't last long because he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him, asking, "Did you have a nice walk?"

He hadn't been asleep. "Yes," I answered.

"Mm...Goodnight, 'Rissa."

"Goodnight, Terrian."

I closed my eyes and as I drifted off I thought I heard the words I wanted to hear from my Prince.

"I love you, 'Rissa."

So I mumbled back, "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments, keep 'em coming.
Still wondering if I should put a smutty chapter in. I have gotten a few messages but I would like more opinions.