Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Twelve

Three Weeks Later(It's been two months now)

"Clarissa, are you listening to me?" Wanda demanded.

I tore my hazel eyes from Lucas in the corner and nodded. "Yeah, Wanda, I'm listening," I replied.

"Then what did I just say?" she asked.

"Uhh...you said...um...I don't know."

"Mmhmm, now listen to me..." She started rambling off again and my gaze shifted back to Lucas.

Terrian was in some royal meeting with his mother, but had taken Annalisa with him. Apparently after the meeting was over, Judith was taking her to get more dresses. As if she didn't have enough already...

"Clarissa!"

"Huh?" I asked, snapping back to Wanda.

"Today's lesson is over. We'll pick up here tomorrow, when your head is clear," she said, waving me out of the room.

Lucas joined me in the hallway and shook his head at me. As we walked he scolded, "You really should pay attention to Wanda, Clarissa. She's teaching you how to be a Royal."

I rolled my eyes. "I know, but I can't concentrate!"

"I'm aware. You kept staring at me."

I blushed and looked up at him through my black bangs. He smiled down at me. A door to our left opened suddenly and Terrian stepped out. "Hello, love. Lucas," he greeted, falling into step beside me.

Now, I feel awkward. Walking between the two men who I have feelings for. Only, one's my fiancee. Terrian's hand took mine and I looked at Lucas out of the corner of my eye, who's lips formed a thin line. "Shouldn't you be with Wanda, 'Rissa?" Terrian suddenly asked.

"Oh, um, she told me to go because I wasn't paying attention." I gave him a small, cute smile.

"Darling, you really should listen."

"I know, I know. Lucas said the same thing."

Terrian and Lucas both looked at each other, giving death glares over my head. Look what you're doing, 'Rissa. Tearing apart two friends, I thought, suddenly stumbling over my dress.

Terrian let go of my hand and grabbed my waist, correcting my balance. I looked up at him and said, "Thank you."

He nodded his head, taking my hand again. I looked over at Lucas who was walking a half step behind us. "So, 'Riss, I was thinking we could spend the day together," Terrian said, slowing his pace to match mine.

"Oh? And what would we possibly do all day long?"

"Well, I've got some ideas." He gave me a cheeky grin.

I hit him in the arm with my free hand with a, "TERRIAN!" I heard Lucas snicker behind us, but I'm not sure if Terrian caught it.

"I was kidding, 'Rissa. But we need to talk anyway, so we could just hang out in the bedroom."

"That's fine, I guess."

We were on the third floor so we had to walk up the stairs to the fourth. When we reached our room, Terrian went inside and to the bathroom. I turned to Lucas. "I'll see you at dinner?" I stated as a question, uncertain.

"Probably not if Terrian's with you."

I frowned and Lucas looked away from me, whispering, "You can't have us both, Clarissa. I can tell you have some feeling for him now."

"But he doesn't want me! I mean, really want me. He chose me to be his wife because I wasn't like the other girls. He doesn't want me like you do," I said.

"Not yet. What will you do when he does?"

"I-I...I don't know."

"Clarissa, you need to make a decision now. There's a possibility that if you want to be with me, Terrian will let you go. He'll find someone else, so you can be happy."

We stared at each other for a while before he spoke again, "I'll be in the garden at ten tonight. You can have your decision made by then, I'm sure."

He walked away after that and I stared after him before going inside our bedroom. I shut the door slowly and turned around to find Terrian on the bed, looking at me. I walked over to the bed and sat down. "'Rissa, I heard you," he said softly.

I looked up from the floor. "What?" I asked.

"You and Lucas, in the hall. I heard you..."

I looked away and didn't speak, too afraid to say something that might get us in trouble. "He's right. If he makes you truly happy, I'll let you go with him," he continued speaking.

"Terrian..."

"I mean, I see how he makes you smile. I've noticed your attitude around him has been different these past three weeks. I just never thought that you'd been...seeing him."

"Terrian..." I tried again.

"You could've just told me. That would've been nice. I wouldn't have wasted these three weeks believing what you said three weeks ago was true."

"TERRIAN!"

He looked at me. "What?" he asked.

"What did I say?"

"Well, we were going to sleep. It was after your walk in the garden. I accidentally said I loved you, but you said you loved me too."

I stared at him. I remembered that. But when I'd awoken the next morning I thought it had been a dream. And he hadn't brought it up since.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." he replied, giving me a weak smile.

"Do you really love me?"

"Well, yeah, 'Rissa. I love it when you smile at me. I love how you look at me with those big hazel eyes and how you twirl a piece of hair when your thinking. I love how smart you are. I just love everything about you, okay? It's hard not to!"

I looked at him for a long time. "Really?" I asked.

"Yes!"

That's when I kissed him. And that's when I made my decision.

I chose my fiancee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, I have gotten a few opinions about a smutty chapter. Turns out that the majority wanted it and this is the chapter before the chapter I will call it. I will label it before I publish it.

I understand a lot of people also don't like Lucas, sorry 'bout that. I hope this made it better haha