Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Fifteen

It was eight thirty at night. I was currently walking in the gardens again. It was a beautiful night; the moon was full, the air was cool, and there was a slight breeze. I inhaled a deep breath through my nose and stopped walking.

I let the breath out through my mouth and plopped down on the side of the fountain I was next to. I removed the glove from my left hand and reached down, swirling my fingers in the water. I smiled to myself.

Crunch, Crunch, Crunch...

I looked up at the familiar crunching of leaves. Lucas was standing near me, looking at the sky. "Terrian...?" he asked gruffly.

For a moment I didn't understand. Then realization dawned on me; he was asking if I'd chosen Terrian over him. I pulled my hand out of the water and shook it for a second before slipping my glove on over it.

Lucas lowered his eyes to meet my own gaze. He looked thoroughly upset; hurt by my obvious choice. I bit my bottom lip and nodded my head slowly.

He let out a sigh and turned his back to me. I stood up and reached out, asking, "Lucas...could you please maybe escort me back to my room?"

Even in the moonlight I could see him clench his jaw. He turned his head to look at me. "I suppose I could do that, Princess," he said.

I nodded and took my steps to stand beside him. He took my elbow and we began out of the gardens area. I noticed he kept opening his mouth as if to say something, but he kept shaking his head and closing it.

The walk to mine and Terrian's bedroom was a very silent one. When we reached the bedroom door, I gave him a very small smile and said, "Thank you."

Lucas gave a curt nod and turned away, leaving me in the hallway feeling rather horrible. I reached out and took the doorknob, turning it and opening the door. I stepped inside and looked to the bed first.

Terrian was sitting up, a book in his lap, reading. When I shut the door he looked up and gave me a smile. I returned it with a little sad smile of my own and walked over to the dresser. I opened up his top drawer and pulled out one of his multiple red t-shirts.

I, luckily, could reach this zipper. I unzipped my dress and pulled his shirt on as Terrian put his book away. I put my clothes in the hamper and walked over to the bed, crawling underneath covers and laying my head on his lap.

Terrian looked down at me and ran his fingers through my hair. "Something wrong, love?" he asked.

"No...I talked to Lucas...kind of."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he knew I chose you."

Terrian nodded his head and I pushed his hand away from my hair, sitting up and snuggling up to his chest. As he pushed his body down to lay down, he pulled me with him. Now we were laying under the covers, his arms around me, hugging me to his chest.

"Just go to sleep, darling 'Rissa," he whispered into my hair.

I closed my eyes and inhaled through my nose, exhaling through my mouth. I felt him shudder at the feeling of my breath against his bare chest. I pressed my lips to the skin for a moment and then whispered, "I love you, Terrian."

"I love you too, Clarissa."

A few minutes later I heard his breathing steady; he was asleep. I relaxed completely in his arms and found myself asleep within moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucas doesn't get a girl. He's a jerk face lol