Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Sixteen

It's been a month exactly since Terrian and I had had...that night full of passion. That's what he called it. Every time he brought it up, I blushed and giggled lightly.

I was currently standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, looking at my reflection. I turned to the side and glanced at my stomach. I'd gained weight; I could tell.

My lips curved downward into a frown and I left the bathroom. I stopped in the center of the bedroom, looking over at Terrian's sleeping form. I walked over to him and poked his arm. He grumbled and waved his hand.

"Terrian..." I said, shaking his arm now.

"Whaaat?" he asked groggily, opening his eyes.

I stood up straight and turned to the side. "Do I look like I've gained weight to you?" I asked.

He looked down at my stomach for a second and then sat up. "Maybe a little bit, but that's okay! You were too skinny anyway; I thought I'd break you in half every time I hugged you," he answered.

I frowned. He was only saying that to cheer me up. I shook my head, but then regretted doing so. It made me feel rather dizzy. I swayed on the spot for a second and Terrian reached out. I raised my hand. "I'm fine, I'm fine," I said.

Now he frowned, sliding out of the bed. "Are you sure? You do look a little pale..." he murmured, reaching up and placing his hand on my forehead.

I swatted it away and stepped back. "I'm fine, really!" I exclaimed.

"Okay...Well, I'm going to get dressed. Why don't you go get some breakfast? I'll meet you in Wanda's room," he said, planting a kiss on my cheek and walking to the bathroom.

--TWO HOURS LATER/WORKING WITH WANDA--

"...spin her, Terrian!" Wanda ordered.

We were working on dancing again. Well, I was actually. Terrian could already dance. I looked up at him as he spun me under his arm. I stumbled and put a hand to my head. Oh, the room was spinning.

And my head! Gosh, my head hurt now. What was wrong with me? All these shaking/ spinning motions were making me dizzy...and making me want to throw up.

"'Rissa? Are you okay?" Terrian asked. His voice sounded far off.

"I don't...I don't feel so well." Even my voice sounded away.

My eyelids suddenly fluttered close and I felt myself falling. Arms wrapped around my waist before I hit anything and I could faintly here Terrian yelling at somebody to get a doctor. I drifted off, letting the darkness take me.