Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Seventeen

--TERRIAN--

I bit my bottom lip, looking over at the unconscious Clarissa on the bed. We were in the infirmary. The doctor told me she should be fine, but there was something we obviously needed to know. He wouldn't tell me until she was awake.

Please, 'Rissa, please wake up...

Just as I thought the words, she stirred on the bed. I immediately got up and walked to the bed. Her eyes flickered open and she blinked a few times. "Terrian...?" she asked hoarsely.

I nodded. "How do you feel?" I asked.She pushed herself up to sit and shrugged.

"Fine," she answered."Ah! I see Miss Patterson is up now," Doctor Gregg said, stepping into the room.

"Am I at a hospital?" Clarissa asked, looking up at me.

"No, darling. You're in the infirmary here at the castle."

"Oh..."

Doc. Gregg walked over and studied Clarissa for a moment. "Are you feeling well?" he asked.

She nodded. "I'm a little hungry. Actually...I could probably eat a horse!" she exclaimed.

"What do you feel like eating right now?" he asked her next.

She blinked. "I want meat loaf...But I hate it!" she answered.

"Ah, so you're one that craves something you dislike," Doctor Gregg said, scribbling something down on his clipboard.I looked from 'Rissa to the doctor.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's quite simple really-" he was cut off by Clarissa.

"Hold that thought, Doc. I'm gonna be sick!"

He immediately pulled a trash can up and handed it to her. She was right; she got sick. I winced and patted her head. When she was finished, Doctor Gregg handed her a paper towel to wipe her mouth."Thank you," she murmured.I could tell she'd been embarrassed about getting sick in front of me. I took her hand and asked the doctor to continue. He nodded.

"Prince Terrian, Princess Clarissa. You're having a baby."

She started coughing. "What!?" she shouted when she was finished.

"Y-you're a month pregnant, Princess."

She turned her big hazel eyes on me. Her bottom lip trembled and then she broke down into tears. I stared, horrified. I was never good with crying women. I wrapped my arms around her. "Why are you crying, Clarissa?" I asked.

The doctor answered. "It's common for pregnant women to be emotional."

Clarissa's sobs subsided rather quickly and she hiccuped. The doctor turned and left us alone. She hiccuped again. "Terrian..." she said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Will you still love me when I'm fat?"

I chuckled and she hit my arm.

"You should! It's your fault I'll get fat anyway!" she declared.

"Hey, you're just as much at fault as me," I replied.

"You still haven't answered my question. I'm thinking it's a no!" she wailed.

How was I going to take eight more months of this? "Of course I'll still love you, darling. Beside, you'll be fat with a little me inside you," I said happily.

She frowned. "Who says it'll be a boy?"

"I do."

"But it might be a girl!"

"Nope. It'll be a boy. And we're naming it Terrian Junior."

"We are not naming my child Terrian Junior."

"Hey, it's my child too."

"Okay, but her name will not be Terrian."

"His name, you mean."

She glared at me and I glared back. "We can continue this later. I need to brush my teeth," she said.

I chuckled again and helped her out of bed. As soon as we were back to our room, she rushed to the bathroom. I smiled to myself and went to the bed, laying down on it. Clarissa was pregnant.

Pregnant with my son. Or at least...it better be a boy. We already had a girl, Annalisa.
♠ ♠ ♠
yup, here's the generic "I'm preggo!" spot in the story. This story was kind of asking for it.