Status: A chapter a day keeps the angry fans away

I Thought I Was Becoming a Maid; Not Your Wife

Chapter Eighteen

Four Months Later(Fifth month;second trimester)

"Terrian!" I wailed.

He came running from the bathroom. "What, what is it?" he asked.

I'm not even sure how he managed the words, seeing how his toothbrush was hanging from his mouth. But that's not the point here..."I can't get my dress zipped! It doesn't fit!"

He stared for a moment. "Isn't that one of your new dresses?" he asked.

"Yes..."

"And it doesn't fit?"

"That's what I just told you!" I yelled in frustration.

He flinched back at my sudden flare of anger. Mood swings, he hated them. "Sorry, sorry. Look for another one."

"This is my last clean, new one..."

"You've got to be kidding me."

I shook my head before glancing down at my stomach. God, when would it stop getting bigger!? I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. Terrian was standing in the closet now, muttering to himself.

"Aha!" he suddenly yelled, making me jump.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"You overlooked one." He pulled out a peach dress with flowers on it.

"No, I most certainly looked at it."

"Then wear it."

"I don't like it," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"'Rissa, if it's the only one that fits you have to wear it, love."

I pressed my lips together in a thin line and stomped over to him, pulling it from his grasp. "Fine," I mumbled, changing out of the current dress I had on into the peach one.

It fit, unfortunately. I was getting new dresses like every month. Last month they'd given me forty. I ran out...This month they gave me sixty. I was down to the last one. Only the problem this month was that they'd sent about fifteen that didn't fit.

Terrian disappeared back into the bathroom and came out a few minutes later. "Come on, we have to go sign the adoption papers," he said, pressing his hand on my lower back and leading me out of the room.

He was adopting Annalisa. Her last name would no longer be mine, Patterson, but Walt. My last name would be Walt after I gave birth. His parents had decided to wait until the baby was at least six months before our wedding. Yeah, they had decided. Not us.

Terrian pulled me into an office a few minutes later. I blinked, looking around. A small man was sitting at the table in the room. On the table was a stack of papers. I studied the stack and then looked up to Terrian, who was sitting down in a chair now. I sat down in a chair beside him, resting my hands on my stomach.

"Hello, my name is Frederick," the small man before us said.

Terrian nodded and introduced us both, "Terrian and this is my...wife Clarissa."

Every time he introduced me to someone new, it was wife, not fiancee. It'd been like this ever since I got pregnant. I gave a polite smile to Frederick.

"Well, you just need to sign here, Clarissa," he said, pointing to a line on the first page.

I picked up the pen and signed my name. He flipped the page and pointed to another line. I signed my signature again. This was repeated until we were through with the six sheets of paper. Terrian had to do the exact same.

"Alright, you're done," Frederick said.

"Really? That's it?" Terrian asked.

Frederick simply nodded. I smiled at him and said thank you as Terrian helped me stand up. After we left I asked, "Is it lunch yet?"

That was one thing; I was hungry a lot. Terrian looked at me, smiled and nodded. "Thank goodness," I mumbled.

Down the four flights of stairs, Terrian held one of my hands and kept his other hand on my back. I held onto the rail with my other hand. We also walked rather slow, too slow in my opinion. Especially when meat loaf was in the dining room. Ugh, meat loaf.

When we reached the dining hall, Laretta was scolding Annalisa on her manners. The little girl was sitting with her elbows on the table. "You mustn't sit like that. Hands in your lap," the older woman told her.

Anna slid her arms off the table and put her hands in her lap. Laretta smiled at her and then turned to look at me and Terrian in the doorway. "My, my, Clarissa...You've got your own continent!" the woman joked.

I gaped and turned to Terrian. "I-I'm not that big am I?" I blubbered.

"No, love, you aren't," he responded, pulling me to his chest so he could glare at his grandmother over my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this story is going a little fast, sorry about that :/